Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902785 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Runnin' all done! *PHEW*! What a day!  With oil change, gas, staples and groceries, blew over $350 today. Just found a Holiday station with gas still at $3.14, everyone else is $3.25 and higher. Sayin' it's gonna go higher.... :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here an just waiting for the rain...  might hit 58...  heat wave!!   going down to St. Cloud this morning, hit up Costco today..  then maybe Popeye's for lunch!!!  good chicken there...  have a good day all..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,cool and dark out the door,rain on the way...better than snow they're getting out west.

\good day to all

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here this AM heading for mid 50s and rain they are saying. Made it home around 8 last night. Da darling wife got pulled over by a state patrol on the way home doing 69 in a 60. He only gave her a warming. Seemed like a nice guy. Well, not sure what to say about the eye surgery. I can't see $hit out of my left eye right now. Super cloudy. Went from bad to worse. My right eye was crystal clear when I had that one done in March. Not sure what the heck is going on. I have a follow up with the eye doc in town at 9 this morning. Waiting to see what he says about it. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn on the eye thing JB.  I sure hope that pans out good for you.  Scary.  Well it is another nice morning here.  Gonna rain this afternoon it looks and then dry through the weekend.  I want a nice dry day Fri and Sat so I can dig in my RV utilities.  Hoping to get the waterline today or tomorrow and then I will have everything I need.  The wife is gonna be gone until Friday for some training so I am unsupervised till then.   :sleazy:  Sleep late, eat good, tip a few, you name it, life is good.  LOL  You all have a good one. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hoping the best for your eye JB!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no.....I hope the eye is OK, JB. Best of luck and I'm rootin' for ya. Hang in there! You report back in and let us know ASAP what ya find out!

Small potatoes here. Restin' up after yday. Finally went to bed at 11:00 PM. After being up at 4:00 AM, 19 hours non-stop is pretty good for an old Phart.
Even ate my lunch sandwich in hand while driving...once I'm on a roll, I don't stop! Got one heck of a LOT done. Looks like sloppy joes my BBQ on a bun tonite....or the burger could tuen into tacos and burritos...hmmmm.. :scratch:  I blame Mikey for all this.  :rotflmao:
Have a good day, guys. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 52*@ 1st peek & lookin like we won't hit 60* today. Some mid-afternoon rain in our fcast too. I did get most of the mowing done that I wanted  :cool: & spent ~ another hour on leaf control too. Even managed to even spend a couple hours in the boat as well, only a couple small nords to show for it. Pretty nice out there as I only needed a hoodie even though it was kind breezy.  :happy1: Nothing too pressing today, have to see where the day takes me. Have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
hoping the best for your eye JB!!!   :happy1:
:scratch: I thought they had that surgery pretty well down pat now. :confused: Hope the news is better today!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck with the eye JB!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. .03" of rain at the ranch at 7:30 & .17" in Bugtussle ~ 8:30. Hope the news on your eye turns out well JB. Scary in the meantime. Rainfall has brought harvest & tillage to a temporary halt. If the system moves out this a.m. we should be able to get back out sampling after lunch. There's a field not far from my place that's picked so be nice to get it done before they turn it black and make it rougher than a cob. Gotta get my COVID test thingy figured out so I can get into Canada next week sometime. A silly PITA but whatever. I'll just be happy if people leave me the hell alone for a few days so I can recharge my batteries.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck at the dr today JB. Just watched Capt. Kirk (William Shatner) blast off from Texas. Not too bad for a 90 year old. Coming back from 351,00 feet now. I need a ride in that thing. It would be a hoot. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"Scotty, we need more power!!"     :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, it WAS a good day, until phone line crapped out again. %$#@! Third time this year...and just try to get a hold of CenturyDink. Takes a friggin' half hour of pissin' around on the phone listening to their BS and sales talk before you can actually even talk to someone. And the wait for a tech...a 2-4 hr window? Nope. Try an 8 hour window..... training-087
« Last Edit: October 10/13/21, 10:42:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We dropped our landlines at the beginning of the year. Don't miss it a bit.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would if I didn't need it for plain backup and dedicated medline.
« Last Edit: October 10/13/21, 11:02:02 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forgot I shoveled corn screenings a good chunk of yesterday afternoon. A lot of on and off, up and down to go with it. Starting to feel stiff and sore suddenly reminded me.  Nice screenings tho. With the heavy test weight corn the screenings are heavy too.

Talked to a friend who's into the whole COVID testing for travel into Canada thing and he said going to Walgreen's might be the simplest option here for the 72 hr. negative test prior to crossing . Also was aware of the Vault outfit doing them but that takes more shipping gymnastics & waiting for results whereas with the Walgreen's option, ~6 hrs. later & you have the results in hand. The other thing he mentioned was that Nov. 1st, they'll be opening the border so Canadians can come in and the 72 hr. negative test will be waived by both the US & Canada provided you show proof of vaccination. This could influence our plans if that's the case.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that they made Shatner wear adult diapers on the space flight.  They were afraid he was going to leave a Captain's log on the flight.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :laughroll: :laughroll: :applause:

Great one Barry! "Captains Log, stardate....uh oh"..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it would fun to blat into space...  but alas not going to happen here...    made it back from costco and only spent $100.00!!  not bad but got well needed supplies...  one was some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts..  looking forward to that!!!    then Chic-fil-la for lunch, a spicy chicken sandwich!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No worries, I'll send ya some ideas to get ya up to at least that $200 mark like yer always helpin' me... :rotflmao: Get that poultry seasoning? No? That green pepper for Reb's Pepper chicken? No? Drive back!  :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was at Costco not Aldi's....   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea, so? Drive over to ALDI's.....then Thielens....gotta help spend yer money!  :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Alex tomorrow..... 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks about your eye jb, how'd the appt go?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I want to know how it went too.  My fingers are crossed.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. A cool 45* and clear. Headed for  high of 57*. I bet the furnace kicks on later today, it's set at my usual *65, and it doesn't budge off that all Winter. 66* inside right now. No big plans for me today. Yearly eye exam this am and maybe get some new goggles, it's all paid for, why not? JB, hope things are turning out fine for you on your eye, keep us updated. Cawfee's done, later guys.  :coffee:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin,gents,she is a cool one out the door 42 degrees,furnance is still on lock down at my place,however the fireplace is loaded and ready to rock...morning business news laid claim we'll see a 50% in our utility bills this winter....that sucks.

good day to all.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see our CAWchester Corn Tower is a finalist for the best water tower in the US and Canada...wow!
Vote for the corn Tower! One of the few historical things this town hasn't bulldozed down... :rolleyes:

https://www.kaaltv.com/rochester-minnesota-news/rochester-corn-water-tower-among-top-5-voting-ends-friday-tank-of-the-year/6267438/?cat=10151