Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902267 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No prob, JB. Hope the eye continues to get better. My left eye has been tearing up and itching like crazy, right eye to a lesser degree. Eye doc couldn't find anything wrong when i got yearly eye exam. Started some OTC allergy pills, but they ain't helping. Must be the dry dusty weather. Still bone-dry down here.
Barry, nice friggin' rig there! Is that Cooper after his eye surgeries? If ya look close,they kinda look like mine right now!  :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No prob, JB. Hope the eye continues to get better. My left eye has been tearing up and itching like crazy, right eye to a lesser degree. Eye doc couldn't find anything wrong when i got yearly eye exam. Started some OTC allergy pills, but they ain't helping. Must be the dry dusty weather. Still bone-dry down here.
Barry, nice friggin' rig there! Is that Cooper after his eye surgeries? If ya look close,they kinda look like mine right now!  :rotflmao:  :bonk:
looks like he stole my dog too!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/20/21, 01:55:39 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer dogs been trying to get away for months.... 🏃‍♂️ :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finished up sampling about the time one shower rolled thru. Got those entered in the system then did the ArriveCAN app entries. Took a while. Trying to enter all that stuff on a cell phone with fingers that are gnarled up is tedious. Now I'm waiting to hear from my buddy if he got his COVID test stuff back yet. He did the Vault saliva test, supposed to be back in 72 hrs. Clock is ticking. If he doesn't get it, we may have to reschedule.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like stole my dog too!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

naw he got the good brother!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:   someone made me say that!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Might need some drops for the itchy eye Rebs. At least until the allergies mellow out.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been using those too......still not helpin'.  :angry:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Day all! 1.1 inches of rain in the gauge this morning. Going to see if there are a few tomatoes to bring in to ripen inside. Otherwise it's just cleaning things up in the garden. Could mow one last time but my incision isn't ready for the bumpy ride yet. Also doing some housecleaning in the shop.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 at home this AM, heading for 41 today I think. Just got all settled in the ground blind with the grandson. Hoping for big Hank. May have to start the wood boiler later today. Supposed to stay in the 40s thru the weekend. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,chilly damp start,40degrees/mist out the door,could be worse if snow.

ground blind JB?Who's big hank?

good day to all once it clears later this morning.

PS~ News covered the after math of the greenwood fire,geez what a mess.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  snow Big Hand is the deer they are hoping for ...   good luck JB!!  32 here and hoping for 45..  haven't looked at the rain  gauge yet..  going to help the GF get rid of her old washing machine today, her kid is too damn lazy...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

I had .4 of rain... 
« Last Edit: October 10/21/21, 07:42:00 AM by mike89 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Had .70" here in rain gauge. Got camper winterized last Sunday, pulling it out to it's Winter resting place later today. Had to go to fleet yesterday and buy a new battery so i can get the legs to go up and down. Had to use the pick-up and jumper cables to get slide-out back in on Sunday. May have to work on brush mower today for something to do. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......37 when i looked....havent checked the gauge either.......and when i do its coming down.......or i'll end up buying a new one again!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

trip to the apple orchard is on the agenda for this morning, then later off to st cloud. at some point clean up the black walnut stems and leaves. that wind did a number yesterday. dont want them mulched up.

tomorrow headed out to HD's........do some skurrel control!!!!!!! :Hunter: :fudd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 30* when I was out in the garage, seein 46* for the high. A bit of a northerly breeze goin already too so probably won't feel that warm. It's the 1st day of MEA & the nearby resort is rumored to be ~ 1/2 full so I expect to see a bunch of boats out in the bay later. From what I seen last time out we're getting very close to turnover here IMO. We're headed to town in a bit, brother has dentist appt & I'll see if'n I can't get in to see the barber while that's goin on. 'Bout it from here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup I like my boat.  My old one had those jump seats in the back so had to lean over them and I didn't like all of the room they took up.  You can see his eye is still dark colored around it.  His lower lid still sags some but gets tighter all of the time.  He is a lot more comfortable now.  Rebs my eye Dr. told me that lubricating eye drops help a lot and she said don't get the ones that say will get the red out.  They can be more irritating.  I haven't donated blood for a long time and want to get started doing it again.  Vitalant is the company that does it around here.  When they are here I will get with the program again.  Got all of our wires hooked up yesterday.  I will get our camper back out to the camping spot today.  Need to run to town for some supplies too.  Lot's of frost on everything here this morning. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup I like my boat.  My old one had those jump seats in the back so had to lean over them and I didn't like all of the room they took up.  You can see his eye is still dark colored around it.  His lower lid still sags some but gets tighter all of the time.  He is a lot more comfortable now.  Rebs my eye Dr. told me that lubricating eye drops help a lot and she said don't get the ones that say will get the red out.  They can be more irritating.  I haven't donated blood for a long time and want to get started doing it again.  Vitalant is the company that does it around here.  When they are here I will get with the program again.  Got all of our wires hooked up yesterday.  I will get our camper back out to the camping spot today.  Need to run to town for some supplies too.  Lot's of frost on everything here this morning.

LPS..........i donate blood all the time...........working on the 8 gallon pin now. i know when my time is up..........i get hammered with texts and emails.....until i set up an appointment. i go on monday or tuesday next week. i quit going to the local town blood drives....to much  :bs:. i go straight to the red cross building in st cloud. in and out in 45 minutes to an hour!!  they sure like my O- neg blood!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  I created an account so now just need to get in.  I can give in Warroad next week if I want to drive there.  Maybe I will do that! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Think maybe you could get all of Glenn's wires hooked up?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Morning folk. 43* and drizzly wet here. Headed for 30* the next two nites with
 frost warnings out and daytime highs in the low 40's. Summer is over in the banana belt. Gonna take it easy today. Been pushin' it lately. My buddy tells me I have the new flu that's going around...still have those really bad body aches and headache from the weekend. Tail is just a draggin'. Said two guys he works with have it really bad, went into ER, tested for COVID, nada,  docs told them there's a bad flu going around. Might wash some clothes, though...I can't just sit around. Enjoy the day, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/21, 08:34:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hired a professional to help.  ??????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, anything would....ahh, never mind!   :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, anything would....ahh, never mind!   :smiley:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nope............people have tried for years.................... :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here heading for mid 40s again today. Snow, yes big Hank is the big deer we were waiting for. Picked that up from Randy Newberg. He says that all the time. He has a from. Lives out in Montana originally from Big Falls MN. Well, the grandson shot his very first deer in the morning yesterday. Got to break in his new rifle. Then I took the granddaughter out in the afternoon and she got her first buck. Cute little feller. They were both super excited. Fun to see. So today we will go do some grouse hunting. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to them. Bet your the best Grandpa ever now. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

My quarry for the day will be much smaller. Tree rats. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Getting ready to head to HD's to chase SKURRELS.

Was in bed already but last night my daughter text me, she was in a car accident last night. She is fine, never had to go to hospital. Some 18 year old non English speaking Somalian ran a red light and hit her. She thinks he was also on his phone.

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Getting ready to head to HD's to chase SKURRELS.

Was in bed already but last night my daughter text me, she was in a car accident last night. She is fine, never had to go to hospital. Some 18 year old non English speaking Somalian ran a red light and hit her. She thinks he was also on his phone.
Good to hear she is ok

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good cold mornin gents,hard frost last night,I see snow  in the forcast later this morning.

Congrats JB,forgot it was MEA weekend for the grand kids,are you processing or meat locker? Good experience for the youngens to home process,but time consuming and educational.

Good weekend to all and be safe.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  Congrats to the grandkids JB!!!!   dat suks Glenn..  hope they had insurance!!  and good luck tree rat hunting!!!  32 here and going for 46..  got errands done yesterday..  picked up some 5X4 green treated 2X6 decking boards, 10 foot long..  they were $8.36 each which I didn't think was real bad..  have to finish repairing the ramps for my sheds..  got them cut to size now just pull the old ones and replace them..    have a good day all!!     :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck chasing tree rats Glenn!
Snow, we do process our own deer. Best way to go if you ask me. That will be tomorrow morning project.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great JB. They will never forget their first deer and they won't forget their Grandpa either.