Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902321 times)

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
Good morning guys.
I am pretty sure it is cooler there this morning than it is where I am.
1:00 meeting and then headed for home.  Thanks God

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Great  job JB. A day you won't forget either!! Awesome.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear your daughter did not get hurt Glenn. Hopefully like was said the other person has insurance.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is great JB.  What a great hunting story!  What a great Grandpa!  Nice pics too.  It was 25 here when the wife got up so I am glad I winterized the camper yesterday.  Was real easy once I figured out where everything was.  Will park it back in the woods today so we can spend the weekend out there.  Man Cooper is antsy this morning.  He's bugging Bob and and Buddy trying to get them wound up.  Then he was working on the wife.  LOL  We have to go to town to pay some bills today and of course stop at the hardware store for more stuff.  I am putting one of those green garden hose holders on the power pedestal to hold the power cord and coax off the ground.  Will be fun to not have to run the genny when we are out there and no more coax on top of the ground anymore.  Always worried about driving wheelers over it.  Gonna have a couple of homemade sausage patties and a couple of eggs for breakfast.  You all have a great Friday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, TWC's site says it's 23* but last I looked we had 30* out in the garage & there's no frost. Headed towards the mid 40's again, they're sayin. Must've seen close to 50 trucks headed north pullin boats or wheelers/S x S's between here & GR yday AM(~9) Glad we all our runnin done yday :happy1: :cool: as it was pretty busy in town, especially L & M & WM. Was surprised to find only 2 boats out in the bay when we got home too. Think I'll tinker with the blower install some more early today & the mini tiller could use some TLC. From there  :scratch: :confused:.................hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Greetings from Flanders ON! 34 when I went to the $hitter heading for a high in the mid-40's. Congrats to your grandson & to grandpa JB. Glad yer daughter was OK glenn. What a fiasco yesterday turned out to be. Drove to Bemidji fine, had lunch, then about halfway to I Falls I have to spell Bill who's swerving & doing head bobs. Got groceries. Went thru customs & the guy was a dick with 20 ?'s. Then I got to do the random COVID test thing. For starters their apps suck. The ArriveCAN was bad enough but this one was over the top. More ambiguous language than a Larry Smith Agronomy 3030 test. Some headings in French only. Once you've figured out what they want you to do then you have to figure out where their Purolator drop box is. Then YOU,  yes YOU have to schedule the pickup on another app for THEIR effing test! Whole process took us over an hour. What a joke. I jumped thru all their hoops and barrels prior to departure. All this did was left a bad taste in my mouth as far as wanting to return again anytime  soon. :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure glad I have no desire to go to Canada!!!   :puke:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me neither.  I used to go once a month for work but wouldn't put myself through the hoops now.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree with you guyz...."oh canada" can pound sand these days,won't lie I miss the good citizens of canada and the tranquility of the ontario woods/fishing but refuse to jump thru the hoops going in and coming back,our disconnected biden administration could pick up a few pointer's from a country that protects they're borders.
« Last Edit: October 10/22/21, 11:01:49 AM by snow1 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You got it snow. I have made many Canadian friends over the years, both on Crop Tour & in my numerous visits to Ontario. They will always be welcome at my door. Folks like Trudeau would get the same treatment I reserve for the likes of Biden, Walz & Ellison. I wouldn't let them sleep in my barn.  :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well I'm back from HD'S. no SKURRELS, did see one but no shot.

THANKS HD, for letting me wander through your woods. :happy1: I enjoyed it.

On to a beer and fire
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya should go back in Dec. when the leaves are off the tree's...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya should go back in Dec. when the leaves are off the tree's...
that's the plan at some point. At least he invited me back unlike boar!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 here and going for 46 again...  got a few projects I want to do today..  but first is the decoy show..  it's been over 2 years so it's time!!!  coffee is tasting good again this morning..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 37 and heading for mid 40s again today. Sitting out in a tree stand now hunting this morning while everyone else sleeps in and I keep getting rained on. 0% chance of rain my ass. I can see the big ole moon. Not sure where the clouds are. Grandson and I went down to the forest yesterday afternoon chasing grouse. He shot 2. Actually seen a few birds. I was surprised from the reports I have been hearing. He wants to go again today. I wanted to cut up deer. Grandma says take him hunting, her and I can cut them up this week. Ok, I am going to hold her to it. Well just another day in paradise hoping to not get to soaked. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We made supper and slept in the camper last night.  Slept great.  I did notice the furnace ran more than I expected but we were nice and warm.  As it started getting light this morning I looked up and here the roof vent in the bedroom was open.  So I looked and the one in the bathroom is wide open too!!!   WTH...   We have those boxes over them so they aren't as obvious as ones without that.  SO it is 35 out this morning.  Would have been a couple of degrees colder if we hadn't heated up the woods all night.  LOL  Good thing I filled the propane tanks yesterday.  Well not sure what is on the list of things to do today but will find something for sure.  Watch Gophers at 2:30.  I verified that they do play today.  Youse all have a great day.  Make sure your windows are closed.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, I did that same thing once with my camper, leaving the roof vents open and furnace running. If I remember correctly there was long day of hunting and a few beers involved. :rotflmao: Headed to St Cloud for a meeting in a few minutes and then back home for our trap shooting banquet. Busy day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............a balmy 25 degrees when i looked.........but nice pretty blue sky!!!!!!!! its momma's b-day today......so gonna take her down to the local pub, Winners, and wine and dine her!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 33* at 1st glance here & 46* will be our top, I'm hearin. Went out :fishing: in the bay yday after bfast & managed 4  :fish2: only kept 1 though. It shouldn't take more than another hour & the blower will be ready to go, so that can wait now. They had a houseful at the meat raffle last night as we only got in on 1/2 the boards which didn't really bother us. I didn't get to the tiller yday so that's where I'll most likely start my day today. Enjoy your day!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Tell momma happy b-day from us Glenn!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers happy birthday to her Glenn!!   :happy1: :party3: :toast:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at Flanders Corner heading for a high in the low 40's. Snowed and rained a little here yesterday. No mounties after me yet so that's a good thing. Bill sawed up a bunch of small dead birch that looked like he'll so I hauled that around & put it away.  Have to split some yet but we'll ease into that. Bill has a headache after all those G&T's. Soften him up so I can beat his @$$ at cribbage! :angel:

Happy Birthday to the Smurfette!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/23/21, 10:55:44 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma says thanks. She's also looking forward to my spanking later!! :happy1: :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma says thanks. She's also looking forward to my spanking later!! :happy1: :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao:

she's going to spank you??   sweet!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

she's going to spank you??   sweet!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
whatever it takes!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well momma is wined and dined. She's a cheap date.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1: $45.00.  :happy1:

Now... For the spanking!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I'll bet she fell a sleep on ya Glenn!!!  36 here and again going for 46...  with a slight chance for rain/snow..  I did manage to get get most of the outdoor things done that I wanted to..  just have to finish the last ramp rebuild..  but that will later this week...  today is more indoor stuff...  mainly making a chicken hotdish...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 30*now & we may hit 48* later. Spent an hour or so yday AM in the boat again, got 1 & it wasn't gonna survive so I gave it to the neighbor. Messed around outside 'til about noon. Got the tiller goin but when we went to use it we had issues. :scratch: Helped the neighbor get the canopy off his lift yday too. Not much else now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40 here with a strong wind off of the lake. Heading for mid 40s again today. Plan is to bring the grandkids back later today. Going to meet at 3. Grandson and I went grouse hunting yesterday afternoon again. Got 2 again yesterday, seen 10. We had a wild game supper last night. Deer inner tenderloins, deer heart and grouse.  Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, I hear you on the battery thing. A quick count revealed I have around 17 batteries (not counting tools) that need to be monitored and replaced as needed.

Jerkbait, I know it's a blast being with the youth while they take their first few deer. Enjoy it before they head out on their own. Job well done.

glenn57, My grandsons parents won't let him drive in that area for the same reason. I also hope insurance is involved.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***