Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902769 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 outside & 62 inside. Heading for a high in the low 40's. Had a great evening visiting Canadian friends. Took them veggies as a peace offering. Wonderful discussion on COVID. Between the 4 of us, we could solve this crap in a matter of days.  :rotflmao: Looking for firewood today again. Time to manufacture some bacon, eggs & taters 1st. Ta ta, aye?
« Last Edit: October 10/24/21, 10:27:12 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......35 when i looked. got the paper, that wasnt there  :angry2: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 SOB's. that north breeze made it chilly.  thinkin i need to vacum dog hair, bet you cant guess what color either,  :pouty: out of the truck and play with leaves...that'll be this afternoon.

yea deadeye, i know exactly why they dont.  :rolleyes: driving in st cloud can be something else. there's a reason st cloud has 2 of the worse intersections in the state. :confused: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Camper is all buttoned up and ham, eggs, cheese, onion omelets done too.  Got a rack of ribs thawing out to smoke today.  Fun Sunday thing for us.  (me)  lol  Got a lot of brush trimming done yesterday so it is easier to pull the fish house down our river path.  Found another Buckthorn too I believe.  Cut it down of course.  Next year I am going to buy some spray that I heard works on dogwood etc if you spray the trunk/roots right after you cut them.  ???  Mayhaps Dotch knows more about it.  No Vikes today so will just channel surf and see what attracts my attention.  Was 26 this morning and it is 34 now.  You all have a great day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We quit our local paper probably 5 years ago for the same reason. We never got it because they didn't pay enough so anyone would do it. :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We quit our local paper probably 5 years ago for the same reason. We never got it because they didn't pay enough so anyone would do it. :tut:
i'm getting to that point............. and of course there business hours are M-F!!!!!  :confused:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Here it is. The chemical you need to see is "Triclophyr"
I put it full strength in a squirt bottle and spray it on the cut stems. Or just hack into it 4-5 places and squirt the cuts.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks DE.  I will order some. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Triclopyr is THE product. Can do the spray bottle thing or I keep a little in a plastic jar with a paint brush in it to paint the stump. Good on grapevines that are getting out of control in spots. I put a cup worth in the jar 5 years ago & it still isn't empty.
« Last Edit: October 10/24/21, 11:00:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great!  We do have some grape vines that are getting heavy too.  Just in spots not everywhere.  Good to know. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A qt was $41 and a gallon is $71.  I ordered the gallon.  The wife was happy when I said it killed grape vines.  She will be spraying the heck out of them.  lol.  Thanks youse guys.  Now I hope Warshington and Taylor Heineke beat the Packers. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Find where the grapevine is rooted, cut it with the loppers or saw, paint or spray the cut stump = grapevine gone.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A qt was $41 and a gallon is $71.  I ordered the gallon.  The wife was happy when I said it killed grape vines.  She will be spraying the heck out of them.  lol.  Thanks youse guys.  Now I hope Warshington and Taylor Heineke beat the Packers.
you mean she's not scratching her head your spending money on line .........AGAIN!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

watching tenn manhandle Mahomes and KC..........that derrick Henry is a beast!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: :doah: You just figure that out? :pouty: :doofus:     He's 6'5" 250#'s & almost as fast as Buxton! :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: :doah: You just figure that out? :pouty: :doofus:     He's 6'5" 250#'s & almost as fast as Buxton! :crazy:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: no...........been watching him since college!!!!!!!!!

right now TB is crushing Lee's bears...... 21-0 after 1 qtr! and brady just threw his 600th regular season TD!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/24/21, 04:06:51 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor Lee and his Bears.  Someone ought to check on him again.  :blues brothers:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy monday morning gents,chilly 33degrees out the door,sure felt like snow yesterday cold n damp...caved in gettin ready for winter,hummingbird feeders came down,snow plow hung on the wheeler,cleaned out the garage,it's amazing how much crap a guy collects then shoves in the corner...never thro nothin away you might use down the line that never gets touched again,next job is r&r the lawn mower's,not much use this summer but oil change,blade sharping doesn't hurt.

yesterday evening watching the line of rain along the iowa border it looked like the front was held back along I90 ,looked like a good soaking.

Gonna be a long day,up all night,couldn't tune my mind off,last time check was 0230 then up at 4am.

« Last Edit: October 10/25/21, 06:54:13 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and hopin for 48..  have an appointment for labs this morning..  Doc wants blood to check my numbers..  should mow one more time, to cut up the leaves mostly...  we will see...  other than that who knows what today brings!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 this morning next to the lake and 27 in Williams TWC said. Heading for 48 today they are saying. Well the grandkids are all home now and back to work I am. A full 5 day work week this week it will be. Not much else happening here. Maybe look for some "Lets go Brandon" T-shirts.  :rotflmao: Need to get one of those. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A brisk 28 here.  Went fishing for awhile yesterday and only caught 1 nord.  Not enough current to bring the big waves of eyes upriver this year evidently.  Didn't see any other nets out neither.  Maybe early yet. ???  Need bread so have to hit the grocery store today and may go to the landfill too.  Have some old wire in my trailer from taking that section of fence down.  May go fishing if it doesn't get too windy.  We need fish.  Cooper is all riled up this morning.  lol 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 34* for our start & it appears we may get close to 50*. Got the tiller started again yday & it ran better so I'll give that a shot again today. Started messin around with the leaves but they were comin down almost as fast as I could move 'em, so that'll have to wait. I see some more time in the boat again today before the wind gets too bad. That's it from this neck of the woods, enjoy your day!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
May vac up a load or two leaves today, clean the garage and wash the side by side. thinking about it that may take two days. ;) Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........gotta go visit the vampire shop this afternoon. damn they can be persisent buggers when they want your blood!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

first a visit with mom..........

got the majority of the black walnut leaves ands stems under control, but the other tree have barely shed anything. looks like a wet wed and thursday, that may help!!!!!

Gunner........the trees up there gotta about be nekked by now, not???????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
There are still alot of trees up here with leaves on let and some still green. It is crazy weird this year.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There are still alot of trees up here with leaves on let and some still green. It is crazy weird this year.
really........who da thunk that!!!!!!! yea goofy crazy year.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well went and donated some blood for the A1C results...  hoping they are respectable numbers...   stopped at Markn's place and his new man shed is really nice!!!  he did a great job!!   was nice to visit with him too!!!   turns out we know some of the same people too!! 

and Glenn the leaves here are still mostly on the tree's yet too!!  that's mable's, apple and birch tree's...  oaks too.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It's really wired here. My black walnut tree is almost barren. My maples are still mostly full of leaves, but other maples in the neighborhood are still like mine, or mostly barn of leaves or darn close.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang from Flanders ON! 26 at 8 a.m. and topped out in the low 40's. A few snowflakes here and there but it's cleared out now. Still some leaves here and there on the popple and birch up here too. Was surprised. Imagine I'd better get back at it. Column written so better help Bill finish splitting wood. Then it'll be HH for one last time here... :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, was thinking about mowing some leaves today, but they are saying the wind is going to around 30 mph and plenty higher today..  so will have wait and see maybe...  37 now..   I did get the Harley put away at my friends for the winter, it is time...  had some good rides, and what fall colors were out there were great!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another cool morning here out the door,33 degrees,might break out the winter coat soon at this rate,loaded up on kerosene yesterday for the garage heater,boy has the price per gallon jumped but what can we do? except thank slow joe.

Stopped at our local grocery store late yesterday,this cool weather has making "chili" on my mind,was suprised to see toilet paper and paper towel shelves were empty...here we go again.

Later.