Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4964799 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very funny and thank you to all of youse.  We are both on our second marriage so learned a lot in round one.  We have a great time together! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Rain heading this way in the afternoon. Windy and was all night long. Slept like a rock after the long drive yesterday. At least there were no mounties on my doorstep this morning so that's a relief. Congrats to you & the Mrs., Barry!  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,how was the hoop jumping in and out?

Thought you would be back in town for the stones concert.
« Last Edit: October 10/27/21, 10:34:51 AM by snow1 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope snow, just trying to get my feet back on the ground. Would've been fun to see the Stones but they ain't dead yet.

Coming back across was a piece of cake. Even let us thru with a few cans of beer we had rattling around in our coolers. We told him about them & he let it slide. Guy at the duty free shop prior to that was glad to see us. Said there have been lots of folks thru there who had the same issues I did. Took some up to 3 hours to figure out all the Canadian govt. red tape in those apps. I felt better about it taking me roughly an hour. BTW, I see I just received another lovely notification from the clowns at Switch Health in Canada that my day 8 test is coming up, unless I'm exempt. Got news for them: I'm back in the US. I've seen no COVID test. If they wanna come & administer it, good luck with that. I'd say that makes me exempt.  :coffee: 

One other interesting thing of note we learned from the Canadians who desperately want to come to the US to shop: When the border opens, they'll be good to cross into the US with their proof of vaccination; no negative COVID test required by the US. However, when they come back across into Canada, the Canadian govt. is requiring that their own citizens procure a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to their coming back at an out of the pocket cost they said of $100 - $150 American. Canadians are not amused by their govt.'s handling of the matter, especially since for many of those on the border, their trips are day trips for shopping only. It is a crock. 
« Last Edit: October 10/27/21, 11:58:41 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife Barry!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya Dotch. I heard that about the Canadians going back from my buddy yesterday. His GF lives just across the border in Canada. When will the BS ever end???  :crazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah with this canadian clown trudeau  in charge it's shete show....

back in the 90's when the canadian ministry tried to take citizens gun's during my last canadian hunting trip,it was a close call to the point of civil war.that's another story how that ended.

Won't lie I miss canadian hunting/fishing trips,the northern tranquility...just not the same fishing lake erie,devils lake,the missouri river etc,but this stubborn old swede won't jump thru the hoop's.
« Last Edit: October 10/28/21, 06:46:49 AM by snow1 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,cold damp across the state ,at least it ain't snow (yet)

used/tried
rain-x on the windshield,stuff works great,driving this morning in a steady rain didn't need the wipers....

good day (national chocolate day) to all

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 here this AM and raining. Had just over an inch when I walked out the door. Supposed to rain until midday today. Think the high is supposed to be 49 today. Did some hacking on the grandkids deer last night. About 2/3 of the way done. Will work on them some more tonight. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here and light rain yet...  yesterday at about 6 I had 3/4 of an inch but have not looked this morning..  got what I wanted done yesterday and today going to putz around the house...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I see gas this morning coming into town is up to $3.19. Diesel is $3.64. Getting  :crazy:! I sure miss mean tweets and cheap gas.  :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed JB,in my small town gas is $3.15 but driving into white bear lake it's still $2.99/gal.

I'll take mean tweets and $1.75 gas prices all day,plus being the #1 oil exporter in the world helps vs begging opec for our oil,but then the dems wouldn't be cleaning up on they're oil stock investments,seems they all piled on when crude was under
$10/barrel if I remember right,now over $70/barrel.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Wet here, just over an inch so far.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......still light rain here..........no idea how much we got....i took the gauge down a while back.........

anyone got an extra thremos bottle stopper laying around in a junk drawer  :confused: :pouty: :doah: a certain white dog that resides here got ahold of one of mine and destroyed it while i was gone yesterday!!!!!!!! :censored: :banghead: :banghead: looks like a trip to the hardware store!!!!! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 44* here & we may get close to 50*. The rain started on our way back out here yday ~ 1 & looks like it's not gonna stop until mid afternoon here. Not sure what we've got so far as I haven't been out yet. We got gas for $3.05 yday at M & H in GR, that's with their constant $.05 discount if you go inside to pay. Pretty wet for much outside today but we'll see. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......still light rain here..........no idea how much we got....i took the gauge down a while back.........

anyone got an extra thremos bottle stopper laying around in a junk drawer  :confused: :pouty: :doah: a certain white dog that resides here got ahold of one of mine and destroyed it while i was gone yesterday!!!!!!!! :censored: :banghead: :banghead: looks like a trip to the hardware store!!!!! :confused:

:scratch: Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/ACP0060-632-Classic-Thermos-Stopper-Replacement/dp/B097KPH5FR/ref=asc_df_B097KPH5FR?tag=bingshoppinga-20&lin:nerd:        ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/ACP0060-632-Classic-Thermos-Stopper-Replacement/dp/B097KPH5FR/ref=asc_df_B097KPH5FR?tag=bingshoppinga-20&lin;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 i dont order stuff online!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :tut: putz!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no but I have a couple complete one's I don't use any more...   :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/ACP0060-632-Classic-Thermos-Stopper-Replacement/dp/B097KPH5FR/ref=asc_df_B097KPH5FR?tag=bingshoppinga-20&lin;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: training-087 i dont order stuff online!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :tut: putz!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well then ....................  :tut: :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry: :pouty:            :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                       
« Last Edit: October 10/28/21, 08:01:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well then take this.......... :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How'd he get a hold of it in the 1st place?  :confused:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/21, 02:22:10 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont really know..........wife wasnt paying attention, i wasnt home. AND he so damn tall i've caught him front paws on the cupboard several times cleaning out the butter dish!!!!!! :pouty: :confused: and anything else he can reach.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,glenn this is what golden's do,they can't help getting into trouble,mine the same way at 9yrs old.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,glenn this is what golden's do,they can't help getting into trouble,mine the same way at 9yrs old.
:scratch: How long was it before you figured that out though, snow?   :whistling:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lab golden about the same!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
lab golden about the same!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
  :rotflmao: i've had 2 other labs.......both together werent near as " naughty" as this one!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure wish the heck these trees in my yard would let there leaves go!!!!! :confused: :doah: i'd sure like to get most them cleaned up before i leave for deer hunting!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 44 & rainy at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. .58" of rain at the ranch in the overnight with .72" in Bugtussle. Yup, that Rain X is nice stuff snow. Most of us guys in the car club have windshield wipers on our vehicles that only work so-so. We have enough Rain X on our windshields tho so it doesn't matter. Have driven in some real downpours and am amazed.     

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I too have used rainX for many years and it works great!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
sure wish the heck these trees in my yard would let there leaves go!!!!! :confused: :doah: i'd sure like to get most them cleaned up before i leave for deer hunting!!!!

Yep.  I've got some birch still holding half of their leaves and a maple that is only half-turned red.  Usually those leaves are on the ground before Halloween.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: i'm on a fixed income and cant afford rain-x............you guys with all the cash use all the good stuff!!!!! :doah: