Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904193 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: i'm on a fixed income and cant afford rain-x............you guys with all the cash use all the good stuff!!!!! :doah:

oh what ever!!  and my tree's are holding back too... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
lab golden about the same!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
  :rotflmao: i've had 2 other labs.......both together werent near as " naughty" as this one!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure wish the heck these trees in my yard would let there leaves go!!!!! :confused: :doah: i'd sure like to get most them cleaned up before i leave for deer hunting!!!!
  :pouty: :tut: Want some cheese too? :scratch:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/21, 10:21:42 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: no but a case of MGL would work. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You can't hardly even tell I did leaf detail here Monday & Tuesday either. :crazy:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
lab golden about the same!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
  :rotflmao: i've had 2 other labs.......both together werent near as " naughty" as this one!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure wish the heck these trees in my  :happy1: would let there leaves go!!!!! :confused: :doah: i'd sure like to get most them cleaned up before i leave for deer hunting!!!!
  :pouty: :tut: Want some cheese too? :scratch:            :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cheese and beer!!!   maybe some pretzels too!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: no but a case of MGL would work. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
Maybe if you switched to something cheaper like Busch Light you could afford some Rain-X too. :doah:  :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
lol,glenn this is what golden's do,they can't help getting into trouble,mine the same way at 9yrs old.

Allow me to draw a parallel here.....perhaps Glenn was, or still IS, in some odd way, a Golden... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:

And go down to Ace and buy a cork for that thermos!!!!!  If I can do it a few weeks ago, so can you!
They have drawers of assorted ones!!! :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
cheese and beer!!!   maybe some pretzels too!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: I was thinkin somethin more along the lines of MD 20/20.  :doofus:           ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/21, 10:38:35 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man glad those days are behind me.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That was some pretty potent kool aid. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :pouty: :pouty: oh the abuse. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry:

Closest Ace is 25 miles, we gotz a our own hardware in town. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet they'd have 'em. That's what they used for years.
And It's not abuse; it's just tough love.... :rotflmao:  :kiss:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
lol,glenn this is what golden's do,they can't help getting into trouble,mine the same way at 9yrs old.
:scratch: How long was it before you figured that out though, snow?   :whistling:

Gunner after 5 goldens over 50 years,just when you think you can trust them....Bang! a wakeup...actually in my current pup's defense,couple years ago I was laid up in the hospital for 10 days,my ole lady had passed away so I was in a bind for a dog sitter,good friend with a lab took my boy,told my friend "no table scrapes"....yeah right,goldens have a pleading look when you cook/eat,gotta stand firm,my friend was a push over,pup has been a handful ever since,child gates to protect the kitchen etc....Still love the boy,I understand.

Yup rain-x,is the real deal,for years thru my company we used a product called "crystal fusion" on our company vehicles,same stuff airlines use and our DOT on they're plow trucks and trooper cars,nothing sticks to the windshield with this stuff,tempers the windshield glass 20% harder than just factory glass (so they claim) inhances night vision....best windshield stuff I ever used,sadly today these newer vehicles with all the built in sensor's in our windshields we no longer use the stuff.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've always fed my dogs table scraps. My kid when he had his dog was adamant about no human food.

He's been thinking of another dog, said he researched it and came to the conclusion that some human food is good for them. Claims they get nutrients they don't get in just dog food.

Now I'm pretty certain there are studies out there that say different. Let's just say rather than throwing food in the garbage, I think it's putting it to good use  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About 5 labs ago I was adamant that my dog didn't get people scraps.  Now after I am done with almost every meal I let Buddy and Cooper lick my plate.  I pour warm water on it to help loosen food and give them more to lick.  I think they love me more due to it.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea LPS, your dogs brother sure can give me them poor sad puppy eyes!!🥴🥴 :rotflmao:

Bye the way my dog turned a year old 2 days ago, how about yours. :scratch: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh you two big softies  ;)I spill enough on myself that my 4 legged vacume cleaner get's plenty of my good stuff,he's not allowed to beg at the table tho. :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd give my pooch bits and pieces of whatever I was making...and that dog loved everything. Green peppers, ONIONS, fruit, ( he loved green grapes) veggies. Whenever I had green peas, would lauch'em off the end of a spoon, and he'd catch 'em in mid-air. Out of all my dogs, never had one that could catch stuff like Scruffy. Toss grapes in the air, he'd jump and get 'em before they could hit the ground. Had other dogs that would sit there and just get hit in the face by a tossed goodie. :rolleyes: Only thing I ever found he wouldn't eat...oysters; but he loved shrimp!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is easy to remember Coopers birthday cuz it is right before our Anniversary. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had 1.7 inches of rain since yesterday til this morning... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had 1.4" last I looked & that was ~ 11. Looks like it's done now.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What??!  No bacon flavored???! :bonk:  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally been getting some good rain here....was thinking about watering the yew and dwarf Mugo pine really good tomorrow before going into winter.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 and foooggggy at our place this morning. Cleared up about half way to Warroad. Heading for 52 today last I seen. We ended up with 1.1" of rain. Heading out bow hunting after work today. I will spend as much time in the woods as possible this weekend. Enough to make the wife crabby. If she doesn't then I wasn't hunting enough.  ;) :rotflmao: First I need to get trhu another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,finally quit spittin rain,looks to be a dandy saturday weather wise...

have a great weekend all,be safe iffin afield

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, hey JB how's the eye coming along??  35 here and heading to to 52 also..  not a lot going on today, just another Friday!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The eye has cleared up pretty good now. Still doing the drops and healing up. So my right eye was done for seeing in the distance last March and now this eye was done for seeing near. This way I should not need readers of bifocals but I will need to wear glasses yet. I just need to take my glasses off to read.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........yeppers..........today and tomorrow look great weather wise......after that the cool down. i havent turned on my baseboard heaters yet, been using the heat pump on my AC unit. but tomorrow that ends!!!!!!!

once it drys up gonna run the lawnmower to cut the grass and mulch leaves, then whenever the trees finally do drop the leave just mulching them up. who knows mayhaps a fire and some beer will be consumed the next 2 afternoons!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I dumped out 1.6" from rain gauge yesterday. Going to toss some clothes in the truck and head North this morning for a couple of days. 20 gauge over and under is also standard issue. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm