Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904382 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good one Gunner!!  31 here and might get to 38 today..  had the spear house in the drive way 1 1/2 hours friday and had a fellow interested in buying it..  hadn't even put the word out except to Jim..  well a friend of his and I hnow him and his wife too..  he stopped, looked at and sent me a text message yesterday he wants to buy it..  good deal!!!  just going to use my portie from here on for my winter fishing..  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here and heading for 37 today. Did see a few white lovelies falling from the sky yesterday afternoon. We also got the boat winterized and pulled the dock out yesterday afternoon. I got the fish houses out from where they were parked so we can get the camper tucked in the for the winter and cover it. Try and get that down the next night or 2. Made it out for one last sit with the bow for a couple of hours last night. Never did see a deer while bow hunting this year. Strange, usually see some deer. May not bee in range. Still wonder if because of the dry summer they are hanging closer to the lake. Which is all private land. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,chilly start,32degrees out the door,looks like that's the call all week,glad I  made a batch of squeeze your arese chili yesterday.

Gettin thing squared  away for winter,couldn't  get my darn push toro mower to fire,ugh,new plug,air filter,fresh non-oxy fuel,no go,local repair shot is 4 weeks out,probably will have snow on the ground by then? local duck hunters tell me not many ducks/geese in our area yet. :scratch:

Not the case in the dakotas,migration is on bigtime,the further west the better
« Last Edit: November 11/01/21, 07:16:37 AM by snow1 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 34* at 1st peek & I'm seein 37* for the high. It looks like another day of brisk NW wind again too as the flag is already whippin around. Tinkered 'round with the boat a little yday, it shouldn't take too much & it'll be ready to store. Had the ground turnin white for a few minutes here yday late afternoon. Not much else now, hopin your Monday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good one LPS!!   :rotflmao:
X2!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hey at least you know she was paying attention.......this time!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

yea the CWD thing is in both zones we hunt, 169, thats the cabin zone and 197, the leech lake reservation, where the hit :deer: are good at getting away!!!!
There, I fixed it for you!!  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:           :tut: :mooning:          :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

morning fellers.........dont got any idea what i'm gonna do today yet.......so i'll call it a Mikey and Gunner kind a day!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you can call it any thing ya, it's yers all day anyway!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Friday I fought with the furnace for a bit when I got there so I ordered a new controller for it. $118.00 on Amazon. Seen one grouse too on my way to the local restaurant/bar. He was about the size of a leghorn chicken. Didn't get him, oh well. Well we got one load of wood hauled in to deer camp on Saturday and then went for a drive. Seen one deer and one grouse. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Getting a late start today.  Relaxing cuz I got so much done yesterday.  Man the Vikes suck.  Gonna heat up the garage and putz out there today.  Will be fun.  Have a good one.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high arund 40. Us southerners got spoiled with the day we had goin' Saturday. Got more putz projects done yesterday. Picked up sticks, picked the last of the peas, put the bunny guard around the hydrangea, cut & dug the cannas then stashed the bulbs in the garage to dry for a while. A few trick or treaters last nite. At least they didn't show up so late like they usually do. A few more cold days this week then it starts to warm up for the weekend. Could there be one more Stude cruise for the season in my future?  :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading home after a weekend in KC. Southern Iowa and Northern Misery are quite wet. We had beautiful weather for our trip though. The warden is driving now so I'm playing with my phone.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you always get the best drivers!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
playing with leaves outside a bit ago i seen some  :snow5: flakes!!!!!!!!!! no not the kind like boar!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/21, 02:14:51 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you had some BBQ Roons.  Sounds like a fun route. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 26 here and going for about 37 again..  clear skies this morning but no northern lights to be seen..  got a few things to do today and already have a start to the day!!  just seen an ad for Black label bacon..  they are are now selling bacon bites, orr maybe their version of burnt ends I guess..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and heading for 37 today. Got the camper tucked into it's spot for the winter. Just need to pull the battery and put the cover on it tonight. It is sad to put it away in the fall. But before we know it there will be ice on the lake and we will be ice fishing. But for now it will be deer hunting. Well, just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy it's a chilly start,29degrees out the door,spittin snow yesterday afternoon,looked like a more steady snow up north....we're due,dang giant silver maple won't drop it's leaves,was hoping to mulch em yup before it snows.

curious how the mpls votes go today to cancel the mpls police,9 shootings in mpls over the weekend and these clowns want social workers to address this major issue....if passed this sets a dangous presidence for our suburbs,mpls gang bangers are already creeping in to brooklyn center/park.

oh well on with tuesday,good day to all.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a cold 30 here.  Had a few squalls of sleet yesterday.  Then some snow.  The deck is still white.  Brrr..  I did get those Timren suspension rubbers in yesterday.  Easy and only took 15 minutes.  Nice setup.  Will vaccuum the truck and clean windows today.  I have no plans on ever going to the cities again.  May have to at some time but sure hope not.  What a crap hole it has become.  Hard to believe some don't want cops there. ?????   Well lets all have a great day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 31* here & we're hopin for 38* later. The ground here had a slightly white tint to late yday afternoon too. Got the batteries out, a little more TLC for the Yammie, a few quick swipes with the shop vac, & the boat was put to bed yday morning. :pouty: I'm thinking today will be the day that the mower to blower conversion is wrapped up, after that we'll see. Hope you enjoy your day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........not alot of the agenda, just get deer huntin stuff on a pile. not sure what else i'll get myself into but i'm sure i can find something!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Lows like that hasten the leaves falling off the trees. Also stops the colors in their tracks. The Norway maple in the front yard can be bright yellow in the right season. Too often tho it starts turning, gets a hard frost, the leaves are a dull olive color and fall off.  :huh: One more night of cold and it should start to warm up for the weekend.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my maple and apple tree's still haven't figured out it's past time to fall off the tree!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got grill cleaned out this morning, put up 52 deer hides in the trailer, shower, trip to town for apple cider vinegar and now ribs for Saturday nights dinner are on the grill. Poured myself a cup of coffee and now watch them smoke for three hours while spraying the apple juice every 20 minutes. Nap at 3:00. Later.....
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only 3 hours?  what temp do you do them at?   looks and sounds good!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well my maple and apple tree's still haven't figured out it's past time to fall off the tree!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
my maples have been stubborn also, but there falling pretty good today. Gonna go play with them in a bit

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea they are slowly coming down but there is a bunch in the tree yet...  oh well this weekend will be better to mow anyway...  for me anyway...

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good markn,pellet grill? what smoke flavor?,even tho I have the "pit boss" pellet grill,I rarely use it,always go back to my 22" weber charcoal grill with added wood chunks for the larger meats,smoky joe for smaller stuff,wings n such.

I do miss my bradley electric smoker,it was the best for smoking fish and jerky,kicking myself for giving it away.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good markn,pellet grill? what smoke flavor?,even tho I have the "pit boss" pellet grill,I rarely use it,always go back to my 22" weber charcoal grill with added wood chunks for the larger meats,smoky joe for smaller stuff,wings n such.

I do miss my bradley electric smoker,it was the best for smoking fish and jerky,kicking myself for giving it away.
meh. Snow go spend some of that moldy money you got laying around. :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
my maples have been stubborn also, but there falling pretty good today. Gonna go play with them in a bit

Silver maples are losing their leaves at the ranch and the Norway maple is starting to. Unfortunately it looks like it won't get purty this time around. Leaves are down on the rest of the trees except some of the oaks & shrubby-type stuff like nannyberries, aronia & American cranberry. Nice color on them. The burning bushes are colored up too. :happy1: Hope to put the mulching blades and kit on the zero turn this weekend to grind up what's on the ground anyway.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We saw some decent colors on our trip to Kansas City.
There are really a lot of nice, adult trees there.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you always see the best adult tree's...