Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904170 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finish packing and hope to be on the road by ten. Looks like its a Thursday solo run this year. No one else is coming up until tomorrow. Oh well. Have fun ladies and gents, shoot straight and most of all shoot safe. It's been three years since the last hunting death, let's go for four. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 27* last I looked & we may hit 50*. Got a few things done outside yday early & really have only 1 left, that's the dock. We have real wood, Alaskan Cedar, for decking on the older rollout portion of dock that we remove. Each 4 X 4 section must weight 30-40#s & we have 40' of that in the water this season. Our barge guy will take care of that & the lift that way we know it's safely up on shore. We do have another 20' of newer dock with composite decking that we remove ourselves too. Not sure :scratch: that will all get done today, pretty slippery yet, & that's OK. Enjoy your day!!
« Last Edit: November 11/04/21, 08:20:50 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Looks like an absotively beautimous day. I may have to head home & work on some projects outside this afternoon if it keeps this up. Finished an executive soil sampling job yesterday just ahead of the stalk chopper & rake so that was a plus. Other guy appears like he's gonna rip the whole field now so will punt on that one until it settles a while. Trying to figure out the pattern of working his fields has escaped me. Most work the stuff in the order it's been picked. This is random. Several fields, parts worked, parts left unworked, come back & finish it later. No rhyme or reason to it. :scratch: A lot of bored farmers right now. Harvest is over so there will be more recreational tillage and other assorted nonsense until they run out of things they can do from a tractor cab.  :huh:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey! I might've figured out what happened to Reb... :scratch:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,feels good out the door,40 degrees,gonna warm up all day with this southern wind.

happy friday...Be safe all you wrabbit hunter's heading north.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 37 here and hoping for 54 today..  I should be able to get most of my outside stuff done this weekend too..  that will be nice.  got a funeral to go to today and then get new shoes for my car...  it needs them bad so just in time for winter..   have a good and safe day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36* here & lookin for 51* for the high. We got our dock detail wrapped up by ~ 10:30 yday, so I messed with the leaves some in the afternoon. Had a couple boats out in the bay yday PM too. Just put some clothes out on the line for probably the last time, up here anyway. Not sure what's next, so I'll just wing it from here on. Hopin your Friday's a good 1!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Enjoying a cup of coffee at deer camp. For some reason it tastes better here than at home. One of my sons is stopping by my place to get all of the stuff I forgot yesterday. This list seems to get a little bigger each year. Good luck tomorrow and be safe, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree mark,I travel/hunt solo most often,have contacts for different species all over,so when the call comes to get on  the stick,"it's on" never fails forget something but never my shotgun/ammo....usually remember whilst driving,never fails,extra boots,jacket etc..

hunting with one or two buddies is fine but iffin you depend on them for the trip/hunt and they cancel at the last minute sucks,worse yet the wait game,all fired up to get on the road,slackers dragging they're feet is a pet peave of mine.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime, breezy and heading for a high in the mid-50's. Having lunch with an old friend in an hour or so. Looking forward to that. We've both been in the business a long time so it'll be fun to catch up and trade stories. Pickup is in the shop getting some much needed surgery before the snow flies so I'm on foot today. Have to deliver a ram tomorrow so need to get mentally prepared for that. Otherwise lotsa putz projects for the weekend.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you don't have to carry that buck sheep too far.Remember to wear orange

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I always have a white hankie hanging out of the back pocket of my Carhartt's so the hunters can see me... :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 41 here today and hoping for 61..  man that wind yesterday was strong!  got the new shoes on the car yesterday and found out it needs brakes sooner than later so will get that done soon too.. plan on doing some outside things again today..  so I can enjoy the it while it's nice yet!!!  good luck all you deer hunters too!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Got the ram loaded & ready to haul to his new home. He must've eaten his Wheaties. He was a handful getting him into the trailer. After I get him dropped off it's putzing in the barn moving crap around to get an empty wagon out so I can back the full one in. When you live with someone who thinks setting stuff in front of anything with wheels on it is a good idea, it makes for one helluva lotta extra work. :rolleyes: Will take a break to watch the rodents tho. Need to have a little fun too.  :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 45* here * it sounds like 59* will be the top. Went to the meat raffle last night again for probably our last time this season & it was packed. Looked to be quite a few hunter's to me though as quite a few left just after the meat raffle started. We won a pkg of 4 Ribeyes on the drawing for the 3rd board :happy1: :cool:, so it was a good night here. I'll be looking for some things outside to do today too. Good luck  :deer: hunting & be safe. Enjoy your day!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ribeye's sound real good Gunner!!  grillin time!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  43 this morning and hope to see 61 later today..  got a bunch of outside stuff done yesterday..  biggest things left will be mowing 1 last time today and clean the gutters before it rains Wednesday...  hope all the deer hunters had a good day yesterday too!!  heard shooting early yesterday but not much after that..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 48 and cloudy it looks. Worked a half day yesterday then came home split wood while smoking 2 racks of ribs. Kinda sore today so think I'll lay low, probably give it one more day then chop leaves again. Momma gave me the nod to upgrade our snow chucker,  man they've gotten spendy. Anywho enjoy your Sunday gents.. See ya!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 43* last I looked & shootin for 57* today. I didn't here much shootin here early yday but I wasn't out much until 9 ish. Got the snow fence up, it's just a short 1 that protects the big garage door, & put a blanket on the sled early yday. Other than that I got in a nice stroll in the AM with some college football after that. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Clouded over so not the start to the day I was expecting. Was a happy little black bucky (Raisin) after I dropped him off at the guy's place yesterday. His ewes chased the bucky around at first. After a few minutes of that Raisin picked out a speckle-face ewe & pounded her 4 or 5 times. Attaboy! At least someone's getting a little... :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/07/21, 09:00:13 AM by Dotch »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good monday morning gents,and what dandy...48 degrees  out the door,nice glow to the east....If the cancel culture frowns on the name "indian summer" well tough,because this is it...weather wise,after a dandy warm weekend,got dark way to early tho,thinking I fell asleep around 8pm? wide awake at 1am hoping it was sunday morning so I could sleep in...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 41 here and a very nice sunrise here too..  hoping for 48 today...  I did get the major part of the mowing done..  but the leaves are not working with me!!  I need to clean the gutters tomorrow too before the rain arrives wed...  other than that not much going on today..  I am hearing some good deer hunting results but not wide spread..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
AM greetings from central Hubbard Co. Two deer in the barn looking for a couple more. Might rain here shortly. Later...
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Markn,looked like you folks up north had precip off and on yesterday yes?

More forcasted today?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 40* for us & it appears ~ 52* will be the high. I was putting something in the little shed yday ~ 10 & I heard I some noise down at the lake at our neighbors to the north, it was the barge guy. So all our gear is out of the water.  :happy1: :cool: He's hopin to be done with what he has left by Tuesday. Think we'll try to drag the roll out dock a bit closer(5-10') to shore today. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods, have a good 1!!
« Last Edit: November 11/09/21, 07:38:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Seems odd to have sunshine in the a.m. doing chores but we'll take it, for a few weeks anyway. Drove the Stude to Mapleton yesterday. Hwy 30 west of Bugtussle is smooth as glass so was great to get one last cruise in before parking it for the season. Could see lotsa hunters out driving the gravel roads all the way over and back. Get some banking & paperwork done this a.m. This afternoon hopefully slide out of here for some yardwork to get closer to ready for winter. See some bunny chewing already on some stuff so better get the enclosures around the burning bushes. Covered the astilbes last nite. Eventually... :pouty:   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  Didn't read back on anything except the football thread.  Congrats BW.  Just got back from deer camp at 3 today.   Had a good time seeing my old buddies.  Blue has had cancer twice and survived and has had diabetes for quite a few years too.  He has that under control by losing 75 lbs in 5 years by changing his diet.  Didn't have to change much other than avoids sugar as much as he can.  He does take pills but no shots.  My buddy Rocky had a neck operation a couple of years ago and has had breathing problems ever since.  He went in and they were going to scrape more scar tissue off and his throat collapsed and they had to do a tracheotomy.  He still has it and may have to have it forever!!!!  Unreal!  He can talk and eat but it is always getting plugged up with mucus and is gross cuz he always has to clean it out.  Poor guy!  He is 67, my other buddy is 75.  SO deer camp isn't what it used to be.  We used to raise some serious heck in town or towns and then back to camp for a late night of more fun.  Still were in our stands early.  Now we have breakfast and coffee and take our time.   :happy1: Now it really is for the camaraderie.  Saw two bucks but not quite close enough.  Lots of does so that was fun too.  Saw Markn and his buddies must be at his cabin.  I drive by it on my journey.  Was gonna honk but thought what if a deer is distracted by it.  ???  Well have a good one.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,little cool out the door,but hey it's the second week of november and we're heading for the 50's later today.

trying to adjust to sundown before 5pm has me falling to sleep way to early,my pup had me wide awake again at 3am...walkie time.

looks like snow friday,we're due.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 here going for 50 today..  big thing today is cleaning the gutters before it rains tomorrow..  that won't take long with the leaf blower set up  I have...  way easier than climbing ladders now days..  not much else going on other wise today..   so have a good day all!!   :happy1: