Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902381 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is a good idea Mike.  I will do that too.  Have to run to town for some errands so the dogs will love that too.  Nice looking morning here.  29 at the moment.  Could be getting wet tomorrow.  Then 30's for the highs for awhile after that.  Gonna be a drastic change.  Glad the boat and dock are in.  I mentioned getting an old 16' boat and motor and got dirty looks so we will drop that idea for awhile.  lol  You all have a good day. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 37* at 1st peek here & they're sayin 50* will be the top. We did drag the old section of dock up as far a we could get it yday. Had 16' more out this year so we had a big section hangin up over the bank so we needed somethin to support that 'til next season. Found a couple old sawhorses along with a longer dock post & bracket that looks like it'll work.. Still got a battery in the old mower & the blade isn't on the Grizzly yet so guess I'll start there. No more now, enjoy your Tuesday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 50's. Got a press deadline to meet, go grab some feed, check the fence at the neighbor's, then back to more putting stuff away before it rains tomorrow & Thursday. Ground up a mess of ash, silver maple & hackberry leaves yesterday. Just disintegrated once they went thru the deck. Between that and all the Ruby poop, no wonder we have a bazillion nightcrawlers.  :doah:

Forgot about this one yesterday. It marked the 50 year anniversary of the release of Led Zeppelin's 4th album. How could I forget? Must be losin' it.  :scratch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFhf3BisUA     
« Last Edit: November 11/09/21, 11:03:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good music Dotch!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 and quiet here now 45 maybe later and rain..  I did get all the rain gutters cleaned out yesterday but the maple tree is still hanging on many leaves!!  darn it..  going down to St. Cloud today and get a few things and hit up Costco too..  then if it's not raining yet when I get back fire up the lawn mower once more to chase some leaves...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy "HUMP" day fellers,chilly out the door 33degrees,sounds like another 50's day by noon before we get the precip.

I here ya mike,finally my giant silver maple is dropping leaves,at the rate they falling last night,I'll be knee deep in leaves after this rain passes by thursday,this after I R &R'd the tractor mower which will be needed to grind the leaves up...Oh well could be worse,like snow on the ground.

Looks like the deer are really moving at night as major fresh blood splats on the road this morning.

You night travelers keep alert the next few days.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey I almost forgot!!  it's the Marine Corps birthday today!!!  Semper fi!!!   and tomorrow is veterans day!!   :happy1: :happy1:

50 years ago I was in advanced training in the USMC!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36* presently & it appears 44* is gonna be the high. I heard from our little buddy last night as he was getting nervous about the weather. His son is coming up tomorrow & the forecast he heard on the Bemidji radio station had him on edge. :rolleyes: I seen/heard everything from 8-10", to 6-10", & even 3-5" on TV & internet yday, so I can't really blame him. Riley on WCCO early today said closer to 2-4" for us now by the time it's done on Saturday. We too are headed to GR today as we need a few staples. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  30 here and may hit 38.  Rain 61% at 10 am.  Gonna be sloppy for a few days.  Too bad the camper isn't in storage yet.  Oh well.  No biggy.  I have kind of a scratchy throat today.  Must be from all of that aggressive deer hunting we did.  lol  I honor you Mike for your Marine days.   :happy1:  Thanks much.  I too got the gutters cleaned yesterday.  I have a big ash tree that drops all kinds of debris and a maple that can be a mess too.  SO I am ready for this bad weather.  lol  I better check the propane today too.  Our Buddy called me too to get the weather forecast here too.  I told him to enjoy getting snowed in at the cabin.  Cooper is talking to me so I have to go.  Later. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So mr nervous nellie aka 'wavey finger" is worried about the snow eh...every good minntisnowtan know's early snow fall won't last as the ground ain't froze,won't last.

You guys shoulda imbellished a bit like "oh know,you didn't hear? 12"-18"s 50mph winds starting tonight...that would make his cheeks pucker. ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Rain slated to start after or around 3 p.m. so better get the remainder of the crap picked up around the yard, one small chunk of lawn mowed & the last bunny guards around the bushes. I see the cats caught one of the little bush wreckers yesterday so that didn't hurt my feelings any. Maybe ~1" of snow for Friday. Sounds like 7" - 8" possible for the Canadian wilderness where we were a few weeks ago. I'll take the 1" snowfall. Supposed to be back in the 50's here midweek next week.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On this day in 1975 the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. God rest their souls.

https://youtu.be/9vST6hVRj2A 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
On this day in 1975 the Edmund Fitzgerald went down. God rest their souls.

https://youtu.be/9vST6hVRj2A 
A couple pcs on it on the Duluth news the last couple days. They had a memorial at the Split Rock Lighthouse for the families of those who lost there lives today.
« Last Edit: November 11/10/21, 05:55:17 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from the university of Emmaville. The rain has just turned white. Will have to wait and see what happens. Headed home tomorrow, going to buffalo on Friday and then back up to camp Friday afternoon. Later...
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Glenn must really be heading home today..  winter storm watch for us to almost maybe blizzard conditions even!!!  thanks buddy!!!    :rotflmao:  got home from St. Cloud yesterday and no rain yet, got the mower out because the maple tree dropped lots of leaves..  then I looked at the gutters under it, yup full again..  cleaned them again..  then the rain started..  not sure how much we got because I took the rain gauge down..  going to make a run to Alex this morning and that's about it for me..  one good thing from yesterday was we had lunch at Popeye's, darn good chicken!!   :happy1:

also today is Veterans Day; I salute all our vets out there..  all gave some, some gave all...   I also salute too all who have supported us too...   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents...agreed Mike,salute to all of our vets on this day,at one time vetrans day was referred to armistice day,I remember the blizzard on this day that many duck hunter's parished  near "wabasha" minnesota as they got stranded hunting the back water's of "weaver bottoms",hunting this area years ago old timer's alway's reminisced about that fateful day,on this day as we had lunch in Elba minnesota not far from weaver.

Dang giant silver maple sure dumped leaves last night during the rain we had,buried in leaves this morning...ugh.

Sure is dark out and chilly out the door,damp still spittin rain,feels like snow...thank goodness it ain't snow (yet) you guyz up north are getting some accumulation today "yes"?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Vets.

Had about an inch and half of snow on the Weber at camp when I stepped out for the 2:00 am pee this morning. Got to pack a couple things, dirty clothes, and head for home. Shouldn’t be too bad the roads are wet that’s all. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning and Happy Vets day.  I will call my Dad later as I do every year on this day.  He was in Korea.  We have a couple of inches of snow on the deck.  Lots of snow/water on the yard area.  Hoping the ground freezes soon.  Cooper can enjoy the snow this year.  It was so cold when we got him and had to hold him when we went outside cuz his feet were so cold.  Hope Glenn is surviving. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 34* here & goin for 37* later. Just pulled the blade for the Grizzly inside, it'll be goin on later, & I swept ~ 1" off it before it came inside. I'm thinkin the same thing, mike, glenn's probably already 1/2 way to Remer ;) :laugh: & I'm hopin he takes the snow with him. Been watchin the forecast & it was all over the place real early today. TWC is now 1-3" today, they were 3-6" earlier, Accuweather is still 6-10" by mid afternoon Friday :rolleyes:, & WCCO has been more in line with TWC since yday. :confused: Never guess  :scratch: :doah: which 1's on our buddies phone. ;) :smiley: Gotta give a shout out to all the Vets here today also. Stay warm & dry guys, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: November 11/11/21, 08:36:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally a day off. After getting camp ready for hunting on Friday, hunting Sat - Monday, and processing hides Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm ready for a day off.  Oh, also have two more deer in the freezer so I think were in pretty good shape as far as venison goes. Plan to start it all over again tomorrow.   :bonk: 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime topping out in the mid-40's. .58" of rain at the ranch & .53" in Bugtussle. Expecting 1"- 3" of snow tonite into tomorrow. Better than the 1' - 3' some of our Canadian friends will likely receive. A few things to finish at the ranch. Found one nice little red oak the squirrels must've planted north of the pasture fence that I'll put some tree wrap around. Got a yard full of bright yellow Norway maple leaves after the wind. Grind them up next week. Otherwise got almost everything buttoned up around the yard for now. Bunny guards affixed. Squash are inside, all 75 of them.  Shouldn't run any rocks, tarps, hoses, extension cords or squash through the snow blower anyway.

Thank you vets!  :drillsergeant:
« Last Edit: November 11/11/21, 10:34:41 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: afternoon fellers...........yeppers.......i be back. kinda bites asi was planning on coming home sunday. the weather, we;; that and the lack of seeing deer prompted it.

last night got up to pee about 3;15 am, it was raining. at 5;45 am got up for good, t he ground was white.  by the time i left at 6;45 am i had a 1/2 inch of snow on the hood of the truck.

driving home all the way to Emily all you could see in the woods was that wet heavy snow  hanging on the trees and underbrush. i good way to get soaked!!!!!! who knows i may get the bug to head up the wed/thurs before the last weekend........  :scratch: :scratch:

anyway, the cabin and equipment is ready for ice fishing!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is snowing here and is down to 32.5 degrees.  Pretty white out but no big deal yet.  Waiting for the blizzard.  lol

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It turned back to rain for a while about 10 here but it wasn't for long. Quit all together around noon but again for maybe an hour. Comin down pretty steady now, just got the blade on the Grizzly so let 'er buck. Warm enough now, 35*, that it's a mix & melting some.
« Last Edit: November 11/11/21, 03:36:24 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So when is the last time we heard from Rebs? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.. Well we got a good 8" here so far and maybe closer to the 12 they were saying.  I will let my know in awhile.  Cooper is loving the snow.  I have to go find our shovel.  I am hoping the ground got hard but I don't think so.  lol  Be careful out there. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So when is the last time we heard from Rebs? 
Took a look & it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow . :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers, cold wet start today but it's friday baby....

Chatted with Reb last week,said he was taking "hiatus" for awhile,said the few snipping on here wears him out...I get it...

That or the Reb is pissed about the nudist being 86'd....j/k.... ;)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and plenty of wind!! no more than 2 inches on the ground here..  but saying we could get more..  I think leaves are going to have to just stay where they are now..  stay warm and have a good day all!!    :happy1: