Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947377 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice markn!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Our weather terrorists just issued a winter weather advisory saying 2-4 inches of snow.

Just got done mulching up leaves, bring it. :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been snowing for an hour or so here...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Started about 20 minutes ago, deck is almost all white, and dipstick anal neighbor is running behind his lawnmower now!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: in da snow. :rotflmao:

:pouty: :pouty: then i got my new neighbors that dont seem to care about there yard. thy raked up leaves once and i think they mowed there front yard twice?? never there back yard. her response was the dogs and kids will keep it batted down????? :scratch: :doah:

not to happy with them right now............. :confused: yesterday i noticed his wife walking along my side the fence, i knew right away one of there dogs got out. didnt pay much attention till i mulched leaves today, the dog dug a hole under the fence untill it got out. big azz hole on my side, and they never bothered to fill it or come tell me they are going to!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: they even took the dirt and did something else with it.  :confused:

there are chunks of wood blocking holes all along the fence!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/13/21, 02:37:51 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Started snowing here too.  Coming down pretty good.  So Glenn you do have a fence?  Gophers are on now. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Started snowing here too.  Coming down pretty good.  So Glenn you do have a fence?  Gophers are on now.
no i dont, but my 3rd neighbor ago put it up. his wife wanted to do daycare and they had a dog........then the house got 2 small....they appeared to like to have kids!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

watching the gophers too!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great neighbor to have Glenn,  I seem to be surrounded with the same mentality.  Awesome pic lps, let us know how the syrup turned out roony, that sounds tasty!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 and hope to make it too 28..  not sure how much more snow we got but the ground looks covered for the most part..   did manage to get several things done in the garage yesterday, glad that is done..  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it’s the last day of firearms deer camp here. Drinking a cup of coffee and eating a donut that should have been comsumed  at least a week ago, yet it tastes great. Nephews girlfriend shot a nice buck yesterday afternoon I’ll try to a picture of it on here tomorrow when I have a laptop and not the phone. Looks like an interesting drive home. Roads look pretty bad right now. Oh well, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got another 3" of light powdery snow yesterday.  I am hoping the ground froze enough that I can do a proper plow job today.  We have a lot of snow.  I am sure the railings on the deck have 10" but that probably isn't a real test of snow depth.  Should plow up nice.  Some wind would really get it going.  So the steak got overdone last night.   :angry2:  The wife loved it.  Oh well.  Better luck next time.  Our beloved Vikings play at 3 ish today.  I am curious to see how that pans out.  ???  Not sure what is on the menu today but will think of something.  Markn you drive careful.  I bet it is slippery in spots.  I see lots of waterfowl sitting on the cold looking river this morning.  Time for more Java.  JB must be out hunting like crazy.
« Last Edit: November 11/14/21, 07:51:29 AM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, that's alotta snow lps. Mornin peoples 30 here with just a dusting of snow, I did get the leaves chopped up again before the snow started yesterday, looking like a nice day on Tuesday so I'll probably give the yard a last round of leaf control.  Picked up my new snow chucker yesterday so now I spose it won't snow at all. Anywho you fellas have a great Sunday and hopefully a vikings victory later on.. See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. You are correct LPS. Been hunting hard when I can. Finally checking in today. Had no service at deer camp. Not all bad really. We did head home before all the snow. Got a couple deer at camp. Hunting at home now. The wife shot a unique buck yesterday morning. Has like Minny moose antlers. Pretty cool. Big body deer. I am thinking older deer past his prime. Plenty of snow on the ground. I would guess around 10". Well, back to hunting. Have a good Sunday boys.

Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 26* here & we will get all the way up to 31*, I hear. Snow started here a bit after 3 yday & was done by by 4:30. I haven't  been out yet but I don't believe we got much more than a 1/2". Did take a little stroll down just past the main entrance to the resort yday AM & the county blacktop was pretty slick. So I stayed in the snow on the shoulder & it was much better. Got a few clothes that need cleanin & I imagine there's a Sunday paper run comin too. Not much else, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........slept in a bit and felt good!!!!!!! putz a little to already.  :happy1: cleaned off the deck maybe an inch, not any more then that, can still see the grass in the yard.

been procastinating about going back up deer hunting, but decided i'll put my deer huntin stuff away...maybe i'll get at it today!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a trace of snow here. The apple syrup turned out tart but good. Some people add sugar but I wanted to keep it all natural. A person could sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar over it if they need it sweeter.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You make all the good syrup... :pouty:

Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Well, it's a high of sorts I guess. ~.25" of snow late afternoon yesterday at the ranch. Melted out to .03" of liquid equivalent. Raw NW wind changed from the S overnite. Was steady at 20 mph gusting at times up to 30. Restocked the birdfeeders this a.m. after chores. Brrrr!!! Finishing some putz projects in the garage after some long overdue laundering jackets last nite. Wind is supposed to die down this afternoon so will head back outside if that's the case. All kinds of trouble I can get into out there...  :sleazy:

Some limited deer hunting success locally. Meat market as of yesterday noon had only one deer brought in for processing. Saw one being loaded into the back of someone's pickup late yesterday afternoon on my way back from doing chores at the neighbor's. Not much gunfire until later when Gopher fans became suicidal... :bonk: 
« Last Edit: November 11/14/21, 11:03:27 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the wash machine goin & went outside only to discover we had more snow than I thought. Must've gotten some overnight as we have close to another 3" out there. Light fluffy stuff this time, nothin like the 1st round.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
This should make the guys at the car wash happy tomorrow. And that 13 point my nephews girlfriend shot yesterday afternoon. I watched it come into that woods in the morning and didn’t get a shot at it. She sat in my stand in the afternoon. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn nice deer Mark!!!  congrats to her!!!    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I picked up 84 deer hides yesterday and that was only half of the boxes we have out. I will get the rest this morning and I expect at least that amount or more. Then wash the truck. After that put away hunting stuff and get my booster shot this afternoon. Somewhere in there should be a nap. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin gents,chilly monday mornin at that,25degrees out the door....ugh.

cruised by whit bear lake yesterday,watched a couple die hard muskie guys beating the shoreline....
good day to get stuff done as mark said,national "clean out your refrigerator day",huh,cleaned mine out yesterday....,amazing the things one can find to do when ya stop watching sunday football.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20 here and heading for 27 today. Back in the salt mines today. 3 day week this week. Daughter and grandson are supposed to come up hunting for the last weekend of firearms. That is a beauty of a buck Markn. Tell her congrats. Need to stop at the hardware store after work and pick up a ball valve. The one on the main line coming in from the well is leaking. It is going to be a real mess to change since our well flows all the time. Luckily there is a floor drain right there. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and might see 31..  I did get a few things done yesterday and even listened to the football game for awhile..  would like to clean the 2 main rain gutters one more time tomorrow.  that darn maple tree has really been hanging on too the leaves..  hoping that can be done tomorrow..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......real lite snow......barely a dusting i'd call it. temps on tuesday almost wanna make we think about one last fire for the year!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

my leaf project is done for the year........whatever is hanging hopefully blows into the neighbors yard!!!!!!! :happy1: :evil:

like Mark...i suppose i could finish putting my hunting stuff away.  :pouty: i did get the guns back in the safe the other day. not sure what the rest of the day brings!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 07:24:39 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it is 20 now and won't get much warmer.  I haven't adapted to it yet.  I do have the thinner long johns out as daily equipment now.  lol  The Vikes looked better yesterday.  I replowed some things yesterday.  Had to keep the plow up in spots and I did peel up a little sod but no big deal.  Now it should all freeze up nicely.  You all stay warm out there. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Any volunteers to help with hides.  We have about 200 that need to be processed and the hide chairman wants to do them today. I think it might just be the two of us.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 25 to start here & I'm seein 33* as the high. Probably gather some more of my stuff so I can throw it in the car later for our return trip back south of the border. That looks like it'll most likely be Wednesday or Thursday. I did mess around on the wheeler with the new snow for a bit yday. May do more of that today  but think it'll be with the blower instead. I do have 1 other small project outside too. No more now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 25 to start here & I'm seein 33* as the high. Probably gather some more of my stuff so I can throw it in the car later for our return trip back south of the border. That looks like it'll most likely be Wednesday or Thursday. I did mess around on the wheeler with the new snow for a bit yday. May do more of that today  but think it'll be with the blower instead. I do have 1 other small project outside too. No more now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
i suppose it'll take a couple days to say your goodbyes over in Inger!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :kiss: :kiss: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :tut: Nope but I can drop a note in their mailbox if you want & tell 'em about the big party your plannin. :scratch: Should I tell them to keep 12/9 open?  Or maybe ALL WEEKEND!!  :sleazy:  :nerd:  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:   
« Last Edit: November 11/15/21, 08:45:24 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Gotta finish doing payroll, tie up a few loose ends and get on with my day. Precip has left the soil surface kinda sticky and smeary so not much going on in the fields for tillage. Makes it kinda iffy for soil sampling as well. Got a notion I should process the winter radishes this afternoon so Mrs. Cheviot can have her garage stall back when she returns tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be amazed at all I've accomplished while she's been gone, said no husband ever.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)