Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902591 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers,man shadow is feisty already this morning.  :rotflmao: 21 here 18 at the cabin. Makin ice  :happy1: :happy1:

Sunset was pretty cool last night, sunrise ain't to shabby this morning either.

Not sure what the scoop for today is yet??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea JB new shoes on the car were close to that but I did get a $200.00 rebate so it helps..   but to me just price things right and no rebate.  24 here and going for 45 or so..  that will be nice..  it will be a good day to get the few Christmas decorations out I want to put up..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  They say up to 40 today but I will believe it when I see it.  High of 14 on turkey day.  Sure glad we aren't going anywhere.  There is still open water in spots on the river I see.  I better check the turkey and see how it is thawing. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 26* here & we're gonna push 50* again today. Might hit mid-50's tomorrow. Made a few trips for the leaf project yday & the backyard is 'bout done. Goin to be very glenn-like ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: here today for that I'm afraid, but we'll see. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 26* here & we're gonna push 50* again today. Might hit mid-50's tomorrow. Made a few trips for the leaf project yday & the backyard is 'bout done. Goin to be very glenn-like ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: here today for that I'm afraid, but we'll see. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
so  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: your gonna be busy as heck, huh!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I also need to tear the carb off a splitter and check the gas tank for crap. I have one stack behind the house that is just short of a cord to split. A run to FF for a couple of new 4' tubes for the kitchen light and maybe something else I don't really need, but should have.... just in case. After that get a few things together for a run up North and a couple days of muzzleloader hunting. We put up 124 hides yesterday and even salted these. I think two more weeks and that program will be done for the year. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last spring I told my daughter and my two granddaughters if they planted 10 pine trees every year they could pick a out and cut their Christmas tree at my land. The planting was done last spring with the help of 20 girl scouts. We planned to go on Thanksgiving to cut one but it looks to be very cold that day so my wife and I will go today to select and cut one. Also plant to bud cap the trees planted this spring.
markn, we processed another 200 hides las Sunday and plan to collect and process hides again tomorrow.  As of now we are just shy of 1000 hides. I hope my arms hold out.  :undecided:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime heading for a high near 50. Speedo weather again!  :happy1: Got a print deadline to meet this a.m. After that, planning on enjoying the outdoors this afternoon while harvesting some dogwood & pine cones for the Mrs. Sounds like a 25 degree high for Thanksgiving so need to take tincture & gin inventory before then. Don't wanna run out. Hate when that happens.  :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: looks like Reb divorced us for iceshanty!🥴🤔 :pouty: :confused:

What is Ice Shanty Glenn.  Must be another site?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad he is ok anyway.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe he got his diaper changed over yonder.  Afternoon peoples been a busy day, started with zero coffee for the dot physical (gotta keep the blood pressure down) after that had time to kill before I picked up a dresser for the whipper snapper in St.paul  so headed off to  cabelas in Woodbury for a quick visit.  Chopped leaves and then put on the baggers for the final touch of the year, patio furniture also got put away so the dance floor is ready to be blown off this winter. Don't know bout you but I'm ready for a cold one...See ya!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone forgot to get his muzzleloader license yesterday while at FF. Guess I'll have to go back today. Need a rosebud tip for the torch too now I think of it. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,lol markn...case of CRS eh? comes with age...I'm in the same boat,still not smart enough to make a list when I grocery shop,usually end up two or 3 extra trips.

Sure was nice temp wise out the door this morning,49 degrees,but weather man said temps will drop throughout the day,cold again tonight and tommorrow for turkey day,might go to plan C for turkey dinner as long as it will be to cold to smoke a turkey at my place,chili? beef stew?hmmm.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 and might get to 31!!   :rotflmao:  it was a nice day yesterday!!  got some outside things done got the season..  dug the few things I put up for the chrismas season out yesterday and put up..  light them up thursday...  going to Alex today too to re-supply again..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 out the door and windy is howling out of the north. Temp is only supposed to go down from there. Got home before dark last night and could see the lake was ice covered as far out as i could see. Smooth as glass too. Not any more I bet. I am sure the wind has removed any ice that was there. Cookie talked about hoping Red would lock up smooth. I dream of that also. Maybe some year again. I think it has done it once in the 15 years that I have lived there. Need to stop and picked up some things after work then head home. Finish processing deer then start mixing up some sausage. I will be a smoming maniac this weekend. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  27 here right now.  Felt great yesterday.  I also got some things done outside.  Would like to have a few more days like that.  I bet you really feel that north wind up there JB.  The river kept its ice yesterday although it did get darker colored.  There is open water near our shore but looks like it is solid on the Canada side.  It is colder there cuz its in Canada of course.  Got my shopping done yesterday.  The bird is thawing nicely so should be good to go.  Drive careful if you are heading somewhere tomorrow.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course it is colder in Canada.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yes the North wind comes right off the lake for us.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 42* already here & it'll be 53* by about 2 when the wind goes NW. I did a little more with the leaf project yday & hopin for another trip today. 'Bout ready to put the finishin touches on my holiday shopping as well. No more now, have a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......havent been out yet, so.........do a few things in prep for tomorrow. most the kids are coming. gonna inject the turkey with glenns  :sleazy: vaccine.......butter and seasonings, so it melds overnight.  few other things to get ready......i hate rushing!!!!!! already made up the grasshoppers!!!!!!!

did an inventory of my smoked fish getting low so i best get on that too!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 48 here when the pooches took us for a stroll. Not much on the agenda today, hit the DMV, and a few other spots. I too Mike might hafta work on getting the Xmas stuff outside. Last weeks outdoor news finally showed up yesterday,  gosh I hate that. Anywho....See ya!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 48 here when the pooches took us for a stroll. Not much on the agenda today, hit the DMV, and a few other spots. I too Mike might hafta work on getting the Xmas stuff outside. Last weeks outdoor news finally showed up yesterday,  gosh I hate that. Anywho....See ya!
christmas stuff........bah humbug!!!!!!!  :pouty:

boober......i'm usually reading the outdoor news anyway thats a week or 2 old!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not sure if i'm renewing it? :scratch: one day its heck know, then its a maybe?????????

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime, prolly the high for the day. Temps should fall to 25 by midnite & ~15 by morning. Tomorrow looks like a high of 25 with 15-20 mph NW wind again, gusting to 30. Good thing the grill's on the south side of the house. Harvested a nice bunch of red osier dogwood yesterday afternoon in the EQIP & CREP acreage. Couldn't believe the amount of deer sign between beds, rubs, terds and trails, then discovered they'd raised hob with the electric fence.  :doah: Got that back up and running again for a while anyway.  Turkey's thawing nicely, gin & tincture supply appear adequate, just need to get a few things & we should be set.  :Turkey: 
« Last Edit: November 11/24/21, 11:58:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mine showed up yesterday also.  :crazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!    :Turkey:  we had our thanksgiving get together last Sat. so today is quiet over all!!   bought one more Christmas outdoor decoration yesterday so I will hang that today..  just a small sphere to hang off the corner of the garage..  have a great day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, happy :Turkey: day! We have 20* & we may slide just past 25* here. Gonna have that NW wind here all day too. We're headed up near Dotch's turf today as Sis is having Thanksgiving. They're about 1/2 way between AL & Austin, just north of I 90. Around 60 miles 1 way is all. Bout it here, hope you enjoy your holiday.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys and Happy Thanksgiving!  It is a crisp 2.5 degrees here.  Not much for wind so far.  The river is all solid it looks with a skiff of snow on it.  I wonder how JB's lake is doing up there?  I went out an even put some wood in the wood burner in the garage last night knowing it was gonna be a cold one today.  Hope there are some coals this morning so when the wife goes out and gets the turkey out of the beer fridge she can toss some logs in.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That ain't gonna happen.  LOL  The birds are moving about some in the bird feeder.  I will have to give Bucko and Jiggsy some oats today too.  I do every day now that it is cold out.  I have 2 round bales out for them also.  So everything should be ok.  We don't have as much squirrel activity in the feeder here on the deck since Cooper got one of their comrades.  They stay out in the woods.  We see them but from a distance.  Well one more java then out to the garage.  You guys have a great day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 for a low and at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-20's. Things were a little stiff this a.m. but if this was the coldest it got all winter I'd be happy. Filled all the birdfeeders, put out some ear corn & hauled garbage out so the main trash cans would be empty. Always a lot of stuff ends up in them at Thanksgiving. Getting mentally prepared to get the turkey out and tangle with that. Need to warm up, eat some breakfast and have a tincture first before getting too serious. This afternoon will have the annual pumpkin feed for the sheep. With them lacking fingers and opposable thumbs, it's usually entertaining. Hope you are all well and enjoy your Thanksgiving Day with family and friends!   🦃
« Last Edit: November 11/25/21, 08:44:27 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......had 7 above when i looked.......what more can you ask for ..........making ice and no bugs.  :happy1:

the paper this morning is packed tighter then the sunday paper with all the black friday ads...... i wouldnt care if they gave stuff away.......you aint catching me anywhere's close to a store tomorrow..........oh and i didnt see a wallyworld ad either!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

getting a few things more organized for da big feast later..............

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the MNO family and there friends!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/25/21, 08:56:22 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. And Happy Thanksgiving to all ya!!!. Like LPS said 3 above here this morning. Made it down to -1 last night. Wind finally died down sometime this morning. It was still blowing when I came in to go to bed at 1, but could tell it was dying down then. The shoreline ice looks like floating snowballs and then after the sand bars it is calm water. Probably freezing up if the wind stays down today. Time will tell. Only supposed to get into low teens today. Gots a bunch of sausage to stuff and start smoking today. Well you boys have a good Thanksgiving!