Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952932 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Congrats boober on that longevity. Don't see that much nowadays. :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck JB!!! and your wife too!!    Bobber congrats on the mile stone and good luck!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, sprung the wife from Rehab yesterday.    Been pretty busy as caregiver...  Working out the glitches so she can get around.    She is doing better today, after getting rested up and eating some real food.      St Mary's is a great hospital with terrible food.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 here and might get to 39 today...  back to more normal temps!!!  got all my errands done yesterday and some chores too..  so another good day in the books!!  not sure what I have going today yet, so I'll just do them as they come along I guess...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,beauty out the door,42degrees,calm wind,just a thumb nail moon,indicating clear skies,can't remember a better december day.

enjoy it whilst we can...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Del. Being a caregiver is a hard job for sure.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and light wind. Still lots of open water out on the lake. That wind last night raised heck with it. Congrats on the 30 years Bobber!! That is a big milestone. I may have to do the same as you and take the short term disability. Not going to burn up all my PTO for it. So far we are still hanging in there. I think my headache is the worse part of it so far. The body aches are no picnic either. Well, you boys have a good one. And thanks for the ice rig Barry! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......was so nice yesterday i decided to have a fire!!!!! this one should have been the last one till spring!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: no beer was harmed however........

Del......glad to hear your wife is at home and on the mend! like roony said being caretaker is tough.

so on Nov 17th i went to a wake for the dad of friends we know.....today i go to the wake of the wife of his/ mom of our friends. they died a month to the day apart.  dad had some issue with not being able to eat and refused a feeding tube. knowing him i can see that. his wife had demeinta or alzehiemers....... she did not look like the lady i knew. i guess at her husbands wake the rona went around, seveal famkily members got it, including the wife......sounds like thats what got her. no masks where required  but is now!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I have about six stops to make in town today. One of them is to get a new carb for splitter. Thing layed down again. Have to do a quick hide run with these temps so they get salted. Got to run, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 42* down here & I'm hearin 51* for the high. A 15 mph NW wind though so it won't feel that warm. Got my stuff finished by early PM again yday so not certain where this day will take me yet. Got a load of wash goin at the moment so I'll be tending to that for a bit. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  26 here this morning. Did some fishing last night but the wind was really blowing on the river.  It got real wet on top of the ice so I will let it freeze back up good now before I go back out.  Did catch a few.  Looks like some real cold weather coming in a few days too.  May get a skiff of snow today or tomorrow too.  Just taking it easy today.  Darn JB.  I hope the covid is a smooth and easy recovery!!  Congrats to you Bobber on your 30 years. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea get better JB, you and the Mrs.  sorry to hear that Glenn... 

Dang Mark sounded like ya had it right yesterday..  always something... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. .02" of rain at the ranch & .01" in Bugtussle proper. Not exactly sure when all that happened but the yard was wetter this a.m. than it was last nite. Puddles that were dry late yesterday afternoon had water in them again. :scratch: High topped out about 51 yesterday. Not as high as forecast but we'll take it. Congrats boober! That's a long pull working anywhere. Carbs suck mark. The gas we're running today just ain't the same as what we ran 40 - 50 years ago. Never had as many carb & fuel related issues as I've had the past 10 years. That bites glenn. Hope you're making progress JB. I'd prescribe nap therapy. And hang in there Del. Same for you between shifts.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: did anyone watch that piece on the #4 news last nite at 10 about the Hamms beer collection. was pretty cool.

gunner probably had to be in bed by then,  :evil: but...................

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, you always get all the puddles.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: did anyone watch that piece on the #4 news last nite at 10 about the Hamms beer collection. was pretty cool.

gunner probably had to be in bed by then,  :evil: but...................
No WCCO down here so............................. :tut: :mooning: :pouty: & it was closer to 10:30.  :bs: :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday was a great day to put all the deer stands to bed for the season.  Not that I'm done hunting but didn't want to get caught with big snow which could prevent me from getting around at the land.  Saw a lot of grouse and a few deer who seemed to be enjoying the weather as well.  No porcupines were noticed which is good as they really wreck havoc with the oak trees.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks on the congrats fellas!  :happy1: Evening peoples a buddy wanted me to try Asian meatloaf so it's all mixed up and in the oven, smells perty good. I'm jealous of you guys that are ice fishin already,  after next week's cold spell I'll checking around here, I'm sure a few will fall in. Anywho we got a new sectional delivered fir downstairs,  it's huge ! If I ain't fishin you'll know where to find me.. gotta run See ya!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: boober, you get all the new furniture.  :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang the ground is turning white!!!  bring it on  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy cold friday...boy what a change weather wise in the last 24hours,pup woke me up around 1am,needed to drop the kids off,snowing like crazy,was just a matter of time.

Looks like you folks up nord are in the cross hairs for 6+ "'s goodluck.On the up side the ground ain't froze so iffin ya do get dumped on,won't last.

Safe weekend to all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 again and going for 37 again..  the ground is still white..  wonder how the roads are??  got a few things to do today so will be busy some what..   going to make tater salad today too..  I decided that would be good eats!!!  I see where a Mpls cop is in trouble again..  threw down a 64 year fella in an Aldi's of all places..  be interesting to hear more about that...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like maybe an inch here, appears to be melting too. Got a run to the dump today not much after that. Might try to find a place around here to deer hunt tomorrow and next week, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we've got 36* & headed back a little north of 50* today for probably our last time this year. Pretty nice yday( we hit 54*) & with that breeze I hung some of my wash on hangers out the clothesline after 1 cycle in the dryer to finish drying. :happy1: Don't do that in December very often. :cool: My calendar :rolleyes: looks widey open today, so have to see what comes lookin for me. Have a good day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........ground is white here but still see the grass. road out front looks just wet.. think i'll start throwing some stuff in the back of the truck today!!!!!!

tomorrow nite is our Union holiday gathering............ momma better wanna  drive home! :undecided: :toast:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here and heading for 32. Yah, talking some snow here this weekend maybe up to 6 inches. The ground is frozen up here so it will probably stick around. The bad thing will be getting that snow on the already marginal ice on the lake. Wife and I are feeling about the same as yesterday. We go in at 12:30 today to get the monoclonal antibodies. We are getting the full Joe Rogan experience.  Got our ivermectin and other meds last night. Sister in law checked us out too said our lungs sounded good. So that is a positive. My boss rounded my up a computer so I can work from home next week. Going to have to fake it, but better than no pay. Well have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear JB!!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I was wondering how things were going with you too JB.  Good to hear it is manageable.  Hope it stays that way.  The wife's company Christmas party is tonight and this morning she said we aren't going.  The C is getting more prevalent in the area as JB can confirm.  So we are playing it safe and staying home.  We have never missed one I don't think. Will hit it next year.  We had some flakes in the air earlier.  Cloudy and supposed to get some north winds today.  Looks like Sunday I think when the snow hits.  I have things ready here.  I wish the ice was thick enough to get my fish house out there before the snow but that ain't gonna happen.  Will just have to wait and see how it all goes.  I got a pork butt yesterday.  9 lber.  I will cut that up today or tomorrow.  I will grind some of it just cuz I like to use my grinder.  I will make some burgers out of some of it.  May cut some steaks and some country style ribs too.  I may have to go buy another one.  lol  $1.49 lb which is pretty darn good here.  Well you all have a good Friday.