Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947434 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
JB, glad its not kicking your  :moon:.

let us know what you think of the working from home thing..........i wasnt a big fan of it at first. just dont have access to some of  the things like being at the office!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Not looking forward to it Glenn. Considering I program and run CNC mills and 3D printers and I can't bring them home. So I will do as much programming as I can. Barry that is a good price on the pork butt. We paid 2.49 last week. But we were making sausage and needed them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very decent price LPS!!  yea buy another!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 & sunny at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Only made mid-40's here yesterday so this one is a gift after originally being forecast as a cooler day. Finished soil sampling about dark. Had some ice pellets about 9 last nite but otherwise it's been dry. Hauled a couple lambs into the locker this a.m. & called the people getting them so they can give them cutting instructions. Now I can exhale, have coffee & coast for a spell. Could commence hauling chit tomorrow after some putzing at home this afternoon. Might check to see if my chainsaw is done too. Heard one running down the hill at the guy's shop last nite but not sure if it was mine.  :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. At da hospital getting the antibodies now.  Going to get some tonic water too. May have to raid Dotch's supply of gin.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not looking forward to it Glenn. Considering I program and run CNC mills and 3D printers and I can't bring them home. So I will do as much programming as I can. Barry that is a good price on the pork butt. We paid 2.49 last week. But we were making sausage and needed them.
to bad you don't have more ice, you could work from the fishhouse  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. At da hospital getting the antibodies now.  Going to get some tonic water too. May have to raid Dotch's supply of gin.  ;)

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here today and might make it to 32..  not a whole lot going on today..  so I'll figure it out as the day goes along..  sounds like maybe snow today and tomorrow..  so I should throw down some grass seed on the black dirt where the tree was taken out..  we will see..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 16 here at the moment.  The river sure looks shiny this morning.  Think I may check out the fishhouse so it's ready when I decide to take it out.  Will cut up the pork butt today too.  Not sure what else.  Like Mike just waiting for the snow to hit.  As of last night it isn't supposed to start till 10 tonight but I will check updates now too.  Have a good day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 31* now & we may hit 40*. :scratch: Some light flurries this AM too, they're sayin. Got some runnin to do early & not much else goin on. Hopin you enjoy your Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Morning boys. 16 here at the moment.  The river sure looks shiny this morning.  Think I may check out the fishhouse so it's ready when I decide to take it out.  Will cut up the pork butt today too.  Not sure what else.  Like Mike just waiting for the snow to hit.  As of last night it isn't supposed to start till 10 tonight but I will check updates now too.  Have a good day.

16 here in the Falls also. Pretty good wind from the NW clear sky. Feels like snow is coming.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here heading for 22. Like LPS said snow is supposed to start sometime late tonight. Wife and I need to fill the wood shed today before the snow hits. Thankfully we are not feeling to horrible or that could be a miserable job when sick. On that note, feeling not to bad. Not running a fever anymore and feel just a little run down, but not bad. Little bit more of a cough today. Ya, Glenn I wish I could have worked from the fish house. Well, you boys have a good one today.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, enjoying the tanzanian coffee this morning. that is really good stuff!.......making ice today!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: got most if not all my fishing stuff in the truck last night. some frozen food together!!!!!!!! getting there.

tonight is the Union holiday party. adult beverages and finger food!!!!!!!! momma said she'd drive home!!!!!!! :happybounce: :party1: :dancinred: :toast: :toast: :sleazy: should be enough nordern minn guys there to get an idea of ice conditions too!!!!!!! :happy1:

may thorw some of my winter ice fishing clothes together later.......piece work!!!! :happy1: or in other words....get outta momma's hair!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Need to make a feed run today sometime, get back to freezing squash, then maybe haul a couple loads of chit from the lot if there's time. That'll be the first stuff to freeze & will be in the way for moving snow in the lot. Be good to get it out of there. Scrubbed the north side of the house yesterday afternoon. That algae is a PITA on vinyl siding. Used some bleach on it so see how the algae likes that. Well, better tear into it. Ta ta!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Per Glenn saying they updated the snow storm I just checked.  We were 3-6  now it is 4-8 and a 24% chance of 8-12".  Yikes.  I hope it all blows away.  Starting at 10 pm tonight and ending by 7 pm on Sunday.  Glad I don't have to go to work on Monday.  The high on Monday is 0 and on Tue it is 8.   :confused:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to work on Monday. From home. Guess that will be a plus.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Per Glenn saying they updated the snow storm I just checked.  We were 3-6  now it is 4-8 and a 24% chance of 8-12".  Yikes.  I hope it all blows away.  Starting at 10 pm tonight and ending by 7 pm on Sunday.  Glad I don't have to go to work on Monday.  The high on Monday is 0 and on Tue it is 8.   :confused:

yea I took Monday off too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

yea I took Monday off too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
oh your off alright.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Another morning in muzzleloader office. Didn’t see a thing but it’s the views that count. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: nice view.........i dont see any tracks in the snow though!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys get all the snow and cold... :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: nice view.........i dont see any tracks in the snow though!!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
Didn’t see anything to make any tracks. Had a shot at a small one on the edge of the trees in the middle of this picture last Saturday. Too small and I passed on him.
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I took a friend out muzzleloader hunting. Well, he used a muzzleloader and I use a bow. He saw three in the morning a buck he jumped on the way in and a doe and fawn. The doe popped out of the ground 30 yards away while he was watching the fawn at 60 yards. No shot.
I rested in the cabin while he hunted from a stand 110 yards away.  We watched a 6 point feed in the field. 30 yards from me but 145 from him.  Lone doe fed in the field 100 yds out from him but it was early so he waited to see what else might show up.  Just before dark 5 deer ran into the field to eat.  As he was getting ready to shoot a big doe a noise scared them away. And so no deer were harmed during our hunt.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well we got about 3 or 4 inches of snow over night..  si I'll have that to clear off..  26 now but it's going to be dropping to around 0 tonight..  ice making time if the snow didn't mess things up to much on the ice..  hear on the news some one on a snow mobile went threw the ice north of Duluth..  he made it out..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and  just starting to snow here. The less we get the better for the ice.  I am feeling fairly good today. Was feeling pretty good yesterday too. Loaded up the wood shed and then went and pulled 3 of my ladder stands and trail cameras out of the woods just before dark last night. 1 stand left to go.  That one might stay for the winter. We shall see. Not much on the agenda for today. Have a good one boys.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning....27 here. Couple inches so far. More to come today. Plus windy from the north this afternoon. Not going anywhere today or tomorrow. Winter storm warning.
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36* here & headed towards 41*. Under a Wind Advisory, 20-30 with gusts to 45, from 6 tonight 'til 9 AM tomorrow though. My schedule ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: appears pretty open again today. :scratch: Have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas just a dusting here, but musta been enough for the salt truck to go by. Not much on the agenda today, got the Xmas stuff out just in time yesterday,  gonna do a big batch of chicken legs fer the game and probably lay around all day. The Wild game was fun to watch last night, hopefully they keep playing well on the road trip coming up, boit it...See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well now that it's light out, I see a hugh open area in the middle of the lake...   wind and snow keeping it open..