Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902498 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it is 23 here this morning.  Nice.  No snow here last night.   :happy1:  I have a project today that I am looking forward to.  I have to put the roof and bumper and rear window on my new Polaris Ranger.   :sleazy:  The front windshield and winch haven't shown up yet.  It is pretty nice!  May have to take it out for a cruise today. 

LPS, is that a full or mid size?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Retired boys and there toys.... :rotflmao: oh wait  :confused: :happy1: nice rig.

You already have a plow setup, I wouldn't.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool rig there Snow.  Went cruising around after I got the roof and rear windshield and rear bumper on.  A lot more comfortable than our wheelers.  Will be nice to get the front windshield in.  Cruised right along.  It makes me want to go cut some firewood so I can haul it.  LOL  Coop it is the midsize. 
« Last Edit: December 12/09/21, 03:32:25 PM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Retired boys and there toys.... :rotflmao: oh wait  :confused: :happy1: nice rig.

You already have a plow setup, I wouldn't.
Ya but if it's got heat and  in closed , it'll take longer and I'd be all for it!! Evening peoples went thru my tip ups yesterday and my summer fishin stuff was still sitting in the corner downstairs,  so I cut off all the lures put them where they belong,  opened up  all the drags and put the rods  na night for the year. Anywho,  See ya!!
« Last Edit: December 12/09/21, 04:56:45 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,gloomy friday start but 28 degrees,at least we have that going for us to start the weekend,looks like snow is already moving into Dotches neighborhood,all day event along the southern border  sounds like.

be safe and hunker down iffin ya can until this storm blows over.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9 here this morning heading for 26 today. Don't think we are supposed to get any snow up here. Cut some wood and loaded up the wood shed last night. One more day of the working from home. Now I am trying to create work to do to stay busy. Makes for a long day. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no snow here yet either..  doesn't sound like we will get much, but it sounds like Dotch-a-roony territory is going to get it..  stay safe fellers..  got a few things on my agenda today so I'll keep some what busy..  one thing I need to do is go to Coborn's and get some cottage cheese with chives!!  it's on sale this week!!!   :happy1:   have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
3 above here mention of snow the next week
. Off to set up spear shack soon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 32* now & are on our way to 36*. We're just SE of the big snow event now it appears as there's only 1-3" forcasted for us now. The WWA now says we're in for some freezing drizzle instead. :rolleyes: Personally, I'd rather have the snow. :scratch: We both have our yearly physicals scheduled for next week so we made an early trip out to the hospital so they can do their blood work. Stopped & had a bite to eat on the way home too.  'Bout it from down south, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to lightly pack and head to Grand Rapids this morning about 11:00. Meeting tomorrow morning and Christmas party afterwards. Just hope I can get past Reeds in Walker both times without stopping. Usually gets a bit expensive. They seem to have stuff I really don't need, but should buy anyway. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1:  :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Slept till 8:30.  Not feeling 100% today.  Gonna take it easy today and rest.  Will see how long that lasts. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime, holding steady and falling to 20 overnite. Snowing lightly presently with accumulations of 8" -  12" expected. Most of that will likely be falling afternoon into evening at roony's place. :happy1: I got almost everything ready yesterday afternoon. Spreader off, chains on, blower on, forks off the skidsteer, bucket on. Stashed the spreader out of the way so I can maneuver with the blower better. Need to put a little plastic over a couple windows on the lambing barn & stuff some bags of wool against the east door on the main barn to keep the snow out. Gotta make a feed run yet, grab some thistle seed and be damned if I ain't almost out of gin! Go figure... :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Started the 2510 this morning so I should be good to go. In Bugtussle now, soon I'll go home and watch the snow fly.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
3 above here mention of snow the next week
. Off to set up spear shack soon.

Hope you brought your steel toe boots, hate to see you stab yourself in the foot with that pitchfork.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see that happening to Glenn!! Afternoon forum fellas,  snowin good now, looking south I don't see Dotch in sight, hopefully he got his errands ran and the gin store was his first stop! First one didn't stand a chance here! I'll wait til morning to  fire up the snow chucker but dang I'd be a neighborhood hero if I had a contraption like Barry's with a plow on it! Anywho after Glenn's top ten fav tater tot hotdish is wolfed down it'll be laying low with the fire cracklin later on.. See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, you drank all of my two favorite kinds of beers boober, cold or someone else's!  :pouty:

Yup, made the circuit, got feed 1st in case the weather went to Helena handbasket, then on to Owatonna FF to get some thistle seed & other supplies. Put on fuel for $2.69 then hit Cashwise. Got a 1.75 & a 1 liter to replenish my gin supply. Reckon it'll hold me thru the storm.

As far as the storm, left Owatonna around 4 & it started flurrying a few miles out of town. Got 4 or 5 miles from home and it turned like ugly on an ape. Doing ~ 2" per hour when I pulled in the driveway at the ranch. Actually the antilocks did their thing & I went on past the driveway 1st. Stuff packs & is slippery as snake snot. Got the barns buttoned up pretty well & did chores. Think I'll make some of my S1/2 of the NE 1/4 famous basketti for supper tonite then see what the morrow brings.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :nerd: nary a snowflake up here. :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:sleazy: :nerd: nary a snowflake up here. :happy1:

Geez Glenn, don't set it on a tee like that for me.............

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Got up early and got the snow cleared. The wind piled it up so its hard to say how much we got but it was plenty. Now I hope they plow the road so I can get to work on time.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, very little snow here..  hearing some big numbers for how much different areas got..  got a few things to do today so that will be fun..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  17" they say here, no plows in sight either. Besides taking care of the obvious and the neighbors driveway I'll just do the mess around here.. better get at it..See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27* & on our way to 31* here. It looked like about 1" on top of the garbage can & maybe 2" in front of the side door to the garage. Haven't been out yet but I gotta believe that there's a 1/2" or more of slush/ice under that. The lights starting flickering about 1/2 way through HH & it was probably 5 or 6 times on & off by ~ 9. They were out for a few minutes a couple times but it off & right back on the rest, heard it was the same for the whole town too. I haven't heard any plows here yet either. I'll venture out for a look see in a bit & maybe put some salt down. Better roll, have agood 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 0.0 here right now.  There will be a fire in the wood burner today.  Not a lot on the schedule.  My cutting firewood program went tits up with these temps.  Gonna stay warm with the wife and drink  more coffee.  Don't overdo the shoveling youse guys.  You have all weekend to get er done. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 7 here right now heading for mid 20s today. Went out and filled the wood stove this morning and putzed with a couple things in the garage. Got some deer skulls to boil today for euro mounts. Also need to rearrange the big garage and get the snowmobiles ready to go. You boys take it easy with all the snow. Like Barry said you got all weekend to get it done. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....23 here. Chaska had 12 inches overnight. Big piles of the white stuff.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot of snow some of you got. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Roughly 8.5" of snow at the ranch. Got the chores done & the Mrs. out the driveway this a.m. ~ 9. Hasn't melted out yet but it has plenty of water in it. Gave the tractor a workout. Get the skidsteer out next to get at some of the nooks and crannies. Like to keep shoveling to a bare@$$ minimum.  Waiting on one ewe to come in yet. Was sure she'd pop last nite  during the storm. Nope, still waddling around yet this morning. Run a couple errands after cleaning stuff up & it'll be choretime again. Punted on basketti last nite so have that to look forward to tonite.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and looking for 36 today...  looks like nice weather for most of the week too..  got a few things to do today but nothing pressing..   have a good day!!   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
27 in I-Falls. Calling for high of 37 with wind SSW at 13. Not bad for Dec 12.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, 21 here and says up to 38. Took the house off yesterday, gonna see what's under the ice on cabin lake for a couple days
 Buddy is coming up tomorrow afternoon  then venture to a different lake. Not to bad moving with little snow and 8 inches of ice

Sunrise is looking pretty cool. Watched a doe in the yard last night down by the lake. :happy1: