Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904407 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here and going for 36 today. Like Mike said supposed to be up in the 30s thru Wednesday I believe. Then they are talking about snow potentially. Then colder after that. Couple of neighbors out fishing. I would like to see a little more ice. I hope to pull my small house out next weekend. Today I will get the snowmobiles ready to go and finish rearranging the garage. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice sunny morning here.  Went for ride in our woods and found a lot of wood I can cut up and pile in the Ranger.  Will do that the next few days.  Good to get that cleaned up too.  The wife went with and she really like it too.  She said she can't wait for summer to ride in it.  LOL  Not quite enough ice for me neither.  6" and I like 8" to take my house out.  It melts some under the house too so I will wait a few days too.  Better safe than sorry.  No Vikes today so don't have to worry about that.  You all have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 28* & we'll get close to 40* before the day is over. Our 10 day says 40* tomorrow, then 45*, & 65* :scratch: with rain on Wednesday. Officially we had 1" of snow but I used 3/4 of a gallon milk jug of salt on the front steps & sidewalk. :rolleyes: A pretty short list here today again, hopin you enjoy your Sunday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 & breezy at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Got the lot cleaned out yesterday afternoon, did chores, filled the bird feeders & made basketti. Neck is stiff today after running the blower.  Not used to I yet. Chores done & the Mrs. is making cinnamon rolls while Ruby & I warm up on the couch. Our chores boots leak & I wrecked one of the driveway markers blowing snow so a trip to FF later. Cinnamon rolls starting to smell pretty good...😋
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: I found this can coozie in the ditch. :scratch: I figured what the heck, might as well use it. :happy1: :rotflmao: was so warm I had to puty beer in the shade. :confused: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/12/21, 05:30:25 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I found this can coozie in the ditch. :scratch: I figured what the heck, might as well use it. :happy1: :rotflmao: was so warm I had to puty beer in the shade. :confused: :rotflmao:
The least ya could do is put decent beer in it!!  :bonk:  :nerd:  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: it's top of the line stuff baby!!👍👍👍 :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers....hope everyone survived our first big snow of the season in one piece,a solid 10"s at my place in hugo,yesterday's sun sure knocked the snow pack down,this weeks warm temps forcasted should do a number on it as well.

Did not encounter the freezing fog  weather man predicted just the "late for work" frantic monday morning drivers as usual,exit and freeway entrance ramps were glazed over so you folks be mindful if heading to the big cities this morning before the sun goes to work on them.

good day to all.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and that will be the high for today I do Believe. I am back to work today. Feels good to be back. That working from home is not all it is cracked up to be. It has its pluses, but I prefer to actually be here. Crazy to say. About all from here. You boys have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and hope to see 38..  another weekend in the books and a good one too..  got a few small things to do today...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 27* to start & we'll top out at 40*, they're sayin. A High Wind Watch out though that sayin S to SW winds from 25-35 mph with possible gusts to 60. :doah: I can hear it starting to build already now. Got a couple errands to run but not much else. Have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Big day today.  Pay off my truck, hit the landfill, ship out some football prizes to youse guys, and mayhaps check the ice thickness.  That will take all morning.  I did cut some firewood yesterday and the Ranger was fun to use.  I may cut down an old dead elm today too.  I have my eye on it anyways.  May squeeze a nap in after lunch too.  You all have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers a balmy 24 here. Lake got a little sloppy yesterday around the fishhouse. Slow fishing too but didn't expect much. I'll pull the house about noon ready for another lake tomorrow with a buddy, should be here this afternoon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: It could get real sloppy up there by mid-week as I'm seein highs near 40* through Wednesday.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/21, 08:18:56 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: It could get real sloppy up there by mid-week :rolleyes: as I'm highs near 40* 'til Wednesday.
:pouty: and there talking rain and snow mix wed.  :doah: according to the bermidjj radio station.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Gunner they sure are talking about the high winds in the cities too.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that stands to reason, gunner's back in Iowa  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that stands to reason, gunner's back in Iowa  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: Yeah, TWC's sayin 41* & rain(60%) in the afternoon for Wednesday. A NW wind 15-25 with 1-3" of snow(80%) for Wednesday night down where your lady's friends :sleazy: hang out.  :nerd: :evil:  :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12/13/21, 08:24:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
29 here.....not gonna warm up any. Stay right around 30 for a high. Much colder starting Thursday. Gotta make ice. Fishing trip planned for next week to a Red Lake sleeper house for 2 nights.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Loaded buck lambs this a.m. What an ornery bunch of little pricks they were to get in the trailer. 🤬 Be hauling them to Zumbrota this afternoon. A little over an hour away. Never been to this place before so could be interesting. Prices are decent tho so it'll be good riddance. Buck lambs are my least favorite domestic animals at the ranch. Wreck chit, eat a lot of feed, want to breed anything and are generally obnoxious. Remind me of teenage boys. Glenn I thought you traded those koozies to mikey for smurf masks to wear when you go to Wally World!  :scratch: :rotflmao:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I still have mine!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No wind here, 1 mph & nothin above 10 mph 'til after midnight now. The HWW is still in effect however.  :scratch: :doah: The weather terrorists really missed that 1. :bonk: :banghead:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for mid/upper 30s today. Then sometime tomorrow things change and get colder. May even have a chance of some snow tomorrow night. Hope we don't get to much, but some banking snow would be good for the fish house. I didn't do much but relax last night. Felt good. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,early start to kick start the day eh JB...

Nice out the door,30 degrees,balmy for second week in december,even left my jacket on the hook as I walked out the doot,crazy weather day tomorrow forcasted, 50 degrees,rain,t-storm,snow...gotta love minnsawta.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
yah. Da wife had a 6:10 doctor appointment at the in house clinic here. So I was into work early today.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not bad here either..  30 and looking at the upper 30's..  really yappin about the potential winds tomorrow into Thursday..  but are saying less than than an inch of snow for us..  got to check the air pressure in the truck tires today while it's a little warmer too..  they are down just a bit so now is a good time to fill them..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not bad here either..  30 and looking at the upper 30's..  really yappin about the potential winds tomorrow into Thursday..  but are saying less than than an inch of snow for us..  got to check the air pressure in the truck tires today while it's a little warmer too..  they are down just a bit so now is a good time to fill them..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

mike,have you thought about filling your tires with nitrogen?,most car dealerships use nitrogen when r&ring folks vehicles,therory using nitrogen #1 tire psi not effected by cold temps...just a thought.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 34* for us & we're headed towards 45* today. Ended up warmer than expected yday, I seen 45* on my car, so we'll see. I've got a 10:00 appt in Clear Lake for a oil change & tire rotation so I'll be hittin the road pretty soon so I can do a little shopping before that. Time for a little breakfast, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 26 and real windy here.  I wanted to drop an old Elm tree here today but will have to see how the wind will effect my drop.  Checked the ice yesterday and it was a solid 8" so I got the house out there and did some fishing.  Got some saugers and another perch but not as big as the last one.  I better enter it in case I don't get another one.  The cold weather is getting close so enjoy this whilst we can. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

mike,have you thought about filling your tires with nitrogen?,most car dealerships use nitrogen when r&ring folks vehicles,therory using nitrogen #1 tire psi not effected by cold temps...just a thought.

actuallyI have thought about it..  don't know enough about it..  costs $5.00 a tire and no charge to add if needed..  that's all I know...