Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952509 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen a news story of a no-vax guy out east who gotten it the 3rd time recently too. :rolleyes: First 2 times were a pc of cake, this time he was starting his 3rd week on a respirator.  :sad:
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 05:08:01 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, that is the crazy thing about covid - you never know who is going to hit hard by it.

I do wish they had a better way of predicting who would get hit hard and why.

But again - the cynic in me says - they don't want us to know that because there would be more low risk people who would opt not to get the vaccine, and that is NOT what the drug companies want.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Starting to rain here. It was so warm i decided to go for a walk in the woods. In a short time it got dark and started raining. Some distant thunder...
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 02:57:11 PM by roony »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Starting to rain here. It was so warm i decided to go for a walk in the woods. In a short time it got dark and started raining. Some distant thunder...
Cool!   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The last I saw Snow is like you said, a little east of us.  It is upper 30's now so there could be rain first and then snow.  Looks like Dutchy may really get it.  My fish house is on 8" of ice so I hope it gets cold fast any time now.  It's so foggy I can't see it now.

After reading this I checked my phone, the advisory is still saying 2-4 inches with up to 45 mph winds. So unless the powerlines get iced up bad I hope we are OK here. I have candles and a MR. Heater with the 20lb adaptor hose so I can tough it out for a while anyway. I know the birds think something is coming the way they are hammering the feeders today.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew people who died that weren't vaccinated and I know two "long haulers" that were not vaccinated. I'll take my chances getting jabbed. I'm not wanting to spend my life fighting for every breath.
Just the opposite of the people I knew that got it. They all handled it pretty easily other than a couple. And I decided to take my chances with the virus over the jab. My choice and that is the way it should be. Now that I have been thru it I know I made the right choice for me. Like Steve said it effects everyone differently. It hit my younger brother hard about 9 weeks ago and he is still trying to get over it. He got the jab.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I saw a joke on Facebook where a guy was leaving a counter holding a punch card saying to his wife "One more jab and I get a free Burrito." I thought it was funny....kinda true but funny. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A month ago a friend of mine and his wife, both vaccinated and boosted, went to a funeral (person did not die of covid). Most of the attendees were antivaccers and live in a county with very low vaccination rate. Since that time two people who attended the funeral have died from covid and another is on a ventilator and is not looking good.  So far my friend and his wife are fine.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
At this point I think we all know the virus could get us. So as long as everyone understands the risk I'm OK with people making it a personal choice.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Under a Tornado Watch as of 5:30 until 11 now. Local weather just said the line of storms is moving across the state at 80-100 mph. :crazy: TWC's radar shows ~ 7:45 for the worst of it for us. :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Under a Tornado Watch as of 5:30 until 11 now. Local weather just said the line of storms is moving across the state at 80-100 mph. :crazy: TWC's radar shows ~ 7:45 for the worst of it for us. :confused:

hope are safe in all those areas!!!   scary....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Keep your heads down if you are in the southern part of Minnesota or Northern Iowa.

Weird weather patterns.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Starting to storm here. Wind and lightning.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not looking forward to the butt early drive to work tomorrow,  could be a sheet of ice with 25 mph winds.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got rain and rolling thunder here too..  drive safe Bobber and any one else in the early hours!! 
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 07:03:10 PM by mike89 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Made 'er thru the tornado watch & while it rained hard the thunderstorm blew thru quickly. Now we have the wind warning to look forward to overnite.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I took advantage of the nice weather today and did a brake job on my F-150.  Front pads and rotors and rear pads. Only swearing was pounding off the rotors.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Made 'er thru the tornado watch & while it rained hard the thunderstorm blew thru quickly. Now we have the wind warning to look forward to overnite.  :coffee:
Ditto

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hear tell there was damage in Hartland, not too far from Dotch.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rumored possible tornado touchdown in Hartland. Bank lost the roof. Sounds like a mess. Outside of town reported very little damage. Wind really picking up here.

« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 09:50:07 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,what a change temp wise from yesterday 21 degrees windy out the door...

good to hear Dotch you folks dodged the bullet last night...my town did as well,small light show around 7pm,very little wind,was expecting the worst but glad it was a mild ride last night,thankfully.

enjoy your thursday fellers.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here and mighty windy out of the NW. Little bit of snow coming down so the wind can blow that around making it a tuff drive in. We got pretty much zero snow overnight. Crazy storms you all had down south. Hope all are alright. Today is our big annual meeting, aka profit sharing meeting. Virtual again this year. Our department is going across the street to a local restaurant to watch it. Then the department is buying us lunch.  :happy1: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I heard about Hartland last night too..  and the interesting part is I met a fellow yesterday from there!!  his place was outside town so hopefully from Dotch's report his place faired ok..  then I'm hearing about a tornado east of Cawcheshter..  looks like we got less than an inch of snow so far..  it would be interesting as to how much rain we had too..  just sure all are safe where ever they are..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boy.  Like JB said no residual from during the night but it is snowing lightly now with a lot of wind moving it around.  12 here now.  Will have to see what Dutchy says about over there near the Falls.  On the radio they said Eyota east of Rebs got hit by a tornado.  First ever in MN in December I think they said.  I am glad it is colder to keep this ice safe around here.  Not a lot going on today.  Will check the fish house after this freeze.  Looks like the snow will be out of here by 10 am I guess.  The wife just got a text that the roads are real slippery here and visibility is bad.  Be careful.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 27* here & headed towards 30*, still ~ a 25mph wind goin too. I 1st heard the sirens at 6:50, the light show was only 1 or 2 minutes later, & the "train" sounded like it was out in the middle of our street within another minute or so. We had a little nickel sized hail & decided to ride it out in the basement. By the time we got the laptop booted & could look at the radar(~7:30) it was by us. The lights blinked 3-4 times but that was it, some heavy damage about 15 miles west of us, Ruud, though. I've got my yearly physical scheduled for 8:30 today so I better roll. Hope your Thursday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: December 12/16/21, 09:51:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad your place is ok Gunner.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that Gunner!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that is too close.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
14 degrees with snow flurries. No accumulation yet. Windy. Not much truck traffic out front, the log trucks aren't even moving much yet today.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
8 degrees here this morning. Wind has been roaring all night. Looks like we got a couple inches and blowing around. Schools around here are all starting 2 hours late.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.