Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902651 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see I have a nice drift down the sidewalk by the garage I have clean off later..  so I wonder whats it like in front of the garage???  got some snpw coming down again now.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well from the reports you guyz are giving up north,sounds like the weather terrorists over hyped the heavy snow along our northern border...15"s! swing and a miss...blessing actually for you folks and the ice...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. .16" of rain at the ranch from last night's storm. Still melting the Bugtussle rainfall out. Peak wind gusts at Owatonna last nite were 62 mph before midnite. Emergency personnel reputedly headed to Hartland this a.m. to assess the damage and determine if there was a tornado involved. Just a lot of branches & crap in our yard. Most of that was from the winds on the backside of the front. Could hear it hitting the house so no surprise there. Just lucky there was no damage to the buildings and that critters & all, we're OK. 
« Last Edit: December 12/16/21, 10:01:47 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think the biggest snow predictions I saw were 4-6" of snow. We are getting a snow squall now but it's the real small flakes. I think I have gotten more snow since 7:30 this morning than we did overnight. Tree tops are still swaying pretty good. Down to 13 degrees now at 10 am. Logging trucks are starting to roll again.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got in a few minutes early & walked out of the exam room a couple minutes after 9. He said my blood work looked really good......see ya. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't get to read everyone's post today but I'll give ya all a toast in everyone's safety and concerns  :happy1:. Afternoon peoples,  I buttoned up lots around here yesterday in front of the wind but good thing the Lab pissed on the charcoal grill cover after it blew off cuz it froze to the patio or else it might be 2 counties away ,  good boy. Speaking of grills,  a fella the wife works with bought a pellet grill which he didn't like so he said come and get it if you want it or I'll sell it,  we went the other  day, all its gonna cost me is smoked meats and fuel.. Anywho gots the day off tomorrow so going to get my enhanced license and go blow some gift cards at Sheels.. Gonna be fun..See ya!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice score on the grill!!  :happy1: :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You get all the good, cheap pellet grills boober... :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/16/21, 04:12:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no kidding great score Bobber!!!   have fun with that thing!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 5 here at the moment and hoping for 17..  I did get the snow off the sidewalk and drive way..  didn't take that long...  sounds like we can get 2 to 3 inches more today into this evening. got a few things done yesterday and hope for a few more today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5 here to start the day and heading for a high of 11 today. Guess I have not heard anything about snow up here, but then again I did not see da weather last night. Plan is to pull my small skid house out tomorrow and ice fish this weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers,dang cold out the door,8 degrees,doesn't seem that long ago I was complaining about the early morning temps at 75 degrees....ugh.

Nice bobber...right place at the right time,good for you,what make is it? I'm kinda on the fence with my pellet grill (pitboss),rarely use it,always go back to the weber charcoal,might dump my pellet grill as well.Have fun with yours.Make sure you keep the fire box vacumed out otherwise I've seen pellet box fires,dang burning pellet fire works its way back to the pellet box.

everyone have a great weekend...be safe iffin icefishing

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike If we're getting 2 to 3 more inches of snow tonight good thing I took my plow back off after doing the driveway yesterday. Should have looked at the weather forecast. Nice grill bobber, like snow said the firebox needs to be cleaned out. I do mine every time I fill the pellet hopper. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
6 degrees this mornings.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike If we're getting 2 to 3 more inches of snow tonight good thing I took my plow back off after doing the driveway yesterday. Should have looked at the weather forecast. Nice grill bobber, like snow said the firebox needs to be cleaned out. I do mine every time I fill the pellet hopper. Later... :happy1: :happy1:

with my Green Mountain I clean it after each bag..  the specs say that is way to do it..  so I have and have not had any issues and I also burn good quality pellets too, less dust... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Green Mountain too.  I have a small 1 gallon shop vac that is about shot that I use to clean it out.  I do not put a filter in it and just point it so the wind won't blow it back at me and let er rip.  It just exhausts the burnt pellet dust into the air.  Works great!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 17* at the moment & aimin for ~33*. I have some runnin I'd like to do today, nothin pressing though, so we'll see. Some friends of ours who live just 8 miles east of us lost power Wednesday night in the storm. They learned yday at HH that it will not get restored until sometime today. They've determined that it was a EF1 tornado over west(15m) of us in Ruud. Some damage to the water plant over there too, so no power or water over there yet. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's getting to close!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a Green Mountain too.  I have a small 1 gallon shop vac that is about shot that I use to clean it out.  I do not put a filter in it and just point it so the wind won't blow it back at me and let er rip.  It just exhausts the burnt pellet dust into the air.  Works great!

LOL...LP,same here,cheap little vac just for the grill,first time I cleaned out the vacum,I didn't replace the "papertowel" filter that came with it,dang thing shoots pellet dust everywhere I just  point the vacum exhaust outside.,now my grill which I keep on my 3 season porch to keep outof the seasonal elements gets a good vacum job,like you said my rear steps/sidewalk get a good coating of pellet dust,sure helps when the steps/sidewalk is icy.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 10 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Back to reality again but high temps in the 20's are the norm this time of year here. That 62 or whatever it was and humid the other day was a little over the top. All the snow left & St. Olaf Lake opened up about 3/4's of the way again. Got some paperwork, banking & investigative soybean variety stuff to do then we'll see. The ewe with triplets is a racist. She decided she didn't like the black buck lamb so now we're bottle feeding it 4 or 5 times a day. May just punt on the rest of the day and get mentally prepared to haul chit tomorrow, again.  :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 10 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Back to reality again but high temps in the 20's are the norm this time of year here. That 62 or whatever it was and humid the other day was a little over the top. All the snow left & St. Olaf Lake opened up about 3/4's of the way again. Got some paperwork, banking & investigative soybean variety stuff to do then we'll see. The ewe with triplets is a racist. She decided she didn't like the black buck lamb so now we're bottle feeding it 4 or 5 times a day. May just punt on the rest of the day and get mentally prepared to haul chit tomorrow, again.  :pouty:
You always get all the good chit.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully this link works. If not we'll always think it should have. Update on the Hartland tornader.

https://www.albertleatribune.com/2021/12/sheriff-weather-service-confirms-hartland-damage-caused-by-ef1-or-ef2-tornado/

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering about that if it had been confirmed yet. Thanks Dotch!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn scary thing period and then this time of the year to boot!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like the tornado might've still been going not far north of me. My shearer & neighbors had damage from the same part of of the storm as what hit Hartland. Messed up a corn dryer, knocked down a bunch of trees, wrecked a pumphouse and blew a guy's pickup around and got crinkled by the weight box on the tractor. Happened about a mile away as the crow flies.   
« Last Edit: December 12/17/21, 11:52:26 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like ya were lucky!  :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You always have all the luck! Glad it missed ya

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Me too. Lost our 40'x72' pole barn in '96. Scattered it over half a mile. Would never want to go thru that again especially this time of year. Feels raw out in the breeze today. They're making a lot of progress in Hartland. Sounds like most of the block that includes the post office will need to be torn out. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow Did Hartland University survive?
« Last Edit: December 12/17/21, 02:41:21 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh well, at least that racist white ewe laid on & killed the little black buck lamb I'd busted my @$$ to save. I have a burning permit so tonite I'm going to start a mostly peaceful protest, light some fires and steal the neighbor's TV's. Wonder if they have any gin?  :scratch: