Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903718 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  I thought about stocking shelves or meat cutting or like I said the hardware store but I just haven't gotten myself to do it yet.  I do find lots to do here.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Your system couldn't handle moving into a quality Grain Belt beer. They would haul you into a hospital and declare you have Covid.

Good luck with the Teals gig. They seemed like good people back when I dealt with them.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Your system couldn't handle moving into a quality Grain Belt beer. They would haul you into a hospital and declare you have Covid.

Good luck with the Teals gig. They seemed like good people back when I dealt with them.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

It's what I've heard too. I talked to a guy doing the same part time type gig there now a while back and liked it. He's been there 5 years
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Sorry glenn but it sounds like you got the "retirement my butt, get out of the house and get a job" speech from the Mrs. Can you confirm or deny this?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I think Mark hit the nail on the head!!!  well Glenn??  sure was an interesting drive to Sartell and back yesterday..  still lots of folks who think they are driving on summer roads...  did grab lunch at Sanchez burrito and as usual it was very good!!  but I did get a clean bill of health yesterday, for another 4 months anyway..   going into Alex this morning, might check out the new BBQ store too!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morin gents.... cold one at that,radio guy said it was "colder than a witches tit" been years since I herd that line...3 degrees out the door,shooting for 30 degrees later today.

happy hump day guyz.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -3 when I rolled out of bed this morning, heading for a high of 16 today. Just sitting here waiting on Glenn's answer. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sorry glenn but it sounds like you got the "retirement my butt, get out of the house and get a job" speech from the Mrs. Can you confirm or deny this?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i can neither confirm, nor deny it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

actually my wife had nothing to do with this. 100% my decision. but i did do an aweful lot of back and forth deciding if i wanted to.  the truth is when i talked to the store manager a bit maybe 2 days a week. we shall see more details tomorrow. i have a really hard time sitting idle and just wanted something to keep me a bit more occupied is all. AND maybe a few more bucks for toys.  :sleazy: :sleazy:

morning fellers........momma already is out the door, her granddaughter cohorsted her to go christmans shopping with her!!!!!! not sure what i have up my sleeve yet today!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 14* now & we may hit 32* later. Not nearly as windy & it's going to the south here today. Highs in the 40's to near 50 by Friday for us. A chance of some precip on Saturday & Sunday too. Went through a couple closets & came up with a trash can bag of clothes for the local consignment shop earlier so I ran them out there yday mornin. Needed to straighten something out at the bank too. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had to get the wife's car in for an oil change this morning so did some vehicle shuffling.  Found some sausage patties that are pretty good so they are warming in the pan. 2 eggs 3 sausages and toast on the menu.  Plus a glass of Clamato juice.   :happy1:  So I got my windshield yesterday and got it installed on my Ranger.  Waiting for winch and brush guard yet.  I am already thinking doors and heater.  I'm thinking that may not happen till next year.  I really like it.  So as you know I have been retired for about 3 1/2 years.  A friend of mine retired not long after I did.  I saw him back then at the gas station and said hi.  Told him how great it was to still be drinking coffee and in my sweats yet when the wife walks out the door to go to work.  He said "no way could I do that.  My wife would kill me.  I am dressed and out the door before her every morning."  Unreal! I wonder if that is still the way it works at his house.  I have to fix the garage door opener again today.  That little coupler broke again.  Not much else going on and that is ok.  You all take care.     

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 15 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Another set of twins hit the ground this a.m. Ewe hid them until I was just about ready to pull out of the driveway. Shut the pickup off, put on my chore duds, scooped them up & had mom follow the kids down the hill tp the main barn. Black ewe had a black ewe lamb & a white buck lamb. We'll see how racist she is. Seemed OK when we left so will see what she's about after lunch. Ruby took a great big dump right outside the walk in door on the pole barn just as I was heading back to the house. Hopefully that's frozen when I come home. Dog has no scruples I tell ya.
« Last Edit: December 12/22/21, 10:43:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 15 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Another set of twins hit the ground this a.m. Ewe hid them until I was just about ready to pull out of the driveway. Shut the pickup off, put on my chore duds, scooped them up & had mom follow the kids down the hill tp the main barn. Black ewe had a black ewe lamb & a white buck lamb. We'll see how racist she is. Seemed OK when we left so will see what she's about after lunch. Ruby took a great big dump right outside the walk in door on the pole barn just as  Iwas heading back to the house. Hopefully that's frozen when I come home. Dog has no scruples I tell ya.

LOL thanx for the Ruby update Dotch....maybe her feet were cold?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it back from Alex, and did stop at the BBQ store..  do they ever have assorted seasonings, rubs, brines and marinates!!   still getting set up but hope they stay around..  not afraid to charge but then who isn't now days... 

hey Mark did you check it out yet?? 

I didn't need anything today  but will go back to try some!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be fun to check out.  I like trying new spices and sauces. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Would be fun to check out.  I like trying new spices and sauces.

I agree Barry!!!   and will be doing so!!!   :happy1:

« Last Edit: December 12/22/21, 09:22:10 PM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You get all the stores with new sauces and spices... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Myself, on the other hand, gets all the broken, unfixable furnaces. New furnace and air going in today. Prices are nearly unbearable. I guess that's why I live like a pauper...so I can pay for these cat's ass trophies when they happen. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL roony....I can relate....

Gloomy morning but better temps,25degrees out the door with lite drizzel,guessing bumper car morning rush as the roads are slick already.

Be safe all you last minute shoppers and merry christmas to all.

PS~ LP iffin ya get a chance to try a good rub for chicken,try "pecan rub" like you I like to try all the different spices when sniffing around BBQ stores.
« Last Edit: December 12/23/21, 07:52:25 AM by snow1 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
30+ years out of the lennox pulse furnace, they tell me that's good. My woodstove in the shop is older and will outlive me.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not yet Mike, haven't been on that side of town lately. Looks like there will be a trip to Stillwater in my near future. Found something I can't live without. Pictures soon. Good luck with the new furnace roony, replaced mine a year and half ago and have seen a difference in the bills already. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here and snowing this morning. Had about an inch on the blazer I had to brush off. Stopped snowing about half to Warroad. Sucks to have to replace the furnace Roony, but 30+ years is pretty darn good out of the old one. Friday for me today. Plan to be out of here by 3. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I hear ya roony, I too had to replace mine 2 years ago this coming week..  ouch..  18 here and might get to 32..  grillin time the next few days!!  OK you got me wondering what toy you are chasing down Mark!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/21, 07:31:04 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya I can't wait to see Marks pics neither.  Snow I got some pecan pellets for my pellet stove and really like them.  I bet that rub is good too.  What a coincidence, we were talking furnaces last night.  We have a Bard 80 which my furnace guy says is a good dependable one.  We have been here 16 years and it was here when we got here.  May be time to upgrade but I am thinking summer may be the time to do it.  I wonder too about getting central air at the same time.  Then we wouldn't have to carry the ac's out of the basement anymore.  Wonder what that will cost us???  5 or 6 grand???

Hey we just had the shortest day of the year, that is a nice hurdle to be done with.  All down hill to spring now boys..   :sleazy:  Have a great day!
« Last Edit: December 12/23/21, 07:15:10 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just checked and we don't gain time in the morning until about Sunday but in a couple of days we start gaining in the afternoon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I have been told, residential HVAC units have nearly doubled since 2019 and another 10 percent price hike is coming in early January. I purchased Bryant units. Granted I didn't really shop around since I need heat in my big old farmhouse. Thankfully we have the pellet stove.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just checked and we don't gain time in the morning until about Sunday but in a couple of days we start gaining in the afternoon
We gain a total of four minutes of daylight thru the 1st.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
13 here in I-Falls this morning. They are predicting some snow.
The house here I bought had a new furnace put in around 2011 so I shouldn't have to worry about it. My old house in Princeton the furnace had to be replaces at 20 years so you did good getting 30 out of yours. The new ones don't last as long but are more efficient although I don't know that the energy cost is less then the cost to replace. But splittin and humping wood wouldn't be my idea of fun either.

I would guess the Potter jury will come back today.

Have a great day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it's 28* here & we're headed for 42*, they're saying. Even warmer tomorrow, record highs both days for many in these parts. Made it over to see some friends I hadn't seen since last Spring yday for a bit. :happy1: :cool: An open calendar here today so far, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually check that every morning with weather too, LPS, & what I have here(TWC) actually says we're 1 minute shorter than yday :scratch: when we had 9 hours on the dot. :confused:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
In Iowa less daylight is better. SORRY, Smurphy made me do that.