Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902759 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LP,Agreed about pecan smoke,usually buy pecan wood chunks for my weber charcoal grill at menards once/year used for pork ribs /flesh in general adds a nice flavor I don't get from apple wood,my pellet grill I found the competition pellet blend has all the basis coverd,hickory,cherry,apple and pecan,,,tho my pellet grill is rarely used,for fish,i'll drain the hopper and refill with maple pellets,nice sweet smoke flavor when done right.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

In Iowa less daylight is better. SORRY, Smurphy made me do that.
:tut: I think :scratch: it's probably a good thing in MN too :rolleyes: cause a lot of people I know think your govenor has already spent too much time out in it!! :nerd: ;) :laugh::laugh:  :sorry: DOTCH made me!!
« Last Edit: December 12/23/21, 09:13:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  :rotflmao: Roony when should I send the check  :sleazy:.

Been a busy morning. Got fish in brine for smoking. My last batch didn't last long. :pouty:

Daylight, moonlight... Meh it is what it is.

Da smurfy house has baseboard electric heat. Love it, no furnace. :happy1: electrician said that brand will last forever. Had to replace my AC unit this past summer was $3400.00, comes standard with a heat pump that can run till about 34 degrees out side.

LPS, I would think central air would be better that those window jobs and if your doing the furnace you'd probably get a better price doing both at the same time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dsng these meat prices are crazy!
The cheapest meat right now is deer testicle. They're under a buck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. No newbies this a.m. so that freed up some time for me to be Christmas delivery boy. That and I made the mistake of harvesting exactly the type of greens Mrs. Cheviot wanted for some holiday centerpieces at the flower shop, last nite, in the dark. Guess who wants more stuff harvested today sometime? Boy did I eff that up! :doah: Oh well, at least I get to haul more chit tomorrow.  :rolleyes:

Bummer on the furnace roony altho this one will probably last you from here on out. Yup Barry, no regrets about putting central air in when we did the remodel & addition. I don't miss lugging that AC unit out of the basement. The increase in the electric bill was barely noticeable since we run off-peak. We're not around that time of day much anyway and Ruby has never complained.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well fellers........ :sleazy: i knew my charming personality would win out!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rolleyes:

after the first of the year you are now looking at a gainfully part time employee!!!!!! :happy1: sounds like i will be stocking bakery stuff for starters, will include some freezer work...... told him i'd help whereever help was needed except cahier and front counter stuff.

thanks for the good words dotch!!!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, congrats.  Good decision to not interface with the public.   ;)  :bonk:  :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Freezer sounds like a perfect spot.
Chill Out!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, congrats.  Good decision to not interface with the public.   ;)  :bonk:  :rotflmao:

ya got that right!!   besides we all knew he would get hired, every business out there needs help!!!  just sayin.....   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to know my influence paid such huge dividends... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

When they find there are bites missing out of the bakery stuff I'll just say you hired him, not me!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to know my influence paid such huge dividends... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

When they find there are bites missing out of the bakery stuff I'll just say you hired him, not me!  :bonk:
:nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'm back from Upper Red. Been there since Tuesday. 2 nights in a sleeper rental. Weather was decent. We actually were able to fish outside yesterday afternoon and move around a little. We wound up catching 45 walleyes,1 sheepshead, 4 eelpout, 4 perch and 1 crappie. We ate 5 walleyes for supper on Tuesday. Good fish fry.

Glad I'm home.....supposed to get 3 shots of snow here by Tuesday.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
well fellers........ :sleazy: i knew my charming personality would win out!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rolleyes:

after the first of the year you are now looking at a gainfully part time employee!!!!!! :happy1: sounds like i will be stocking bakery stuff for starters, will include some freezer work...... told him i'd help whereever help was needed except cahier and front counter stuff.

thanks for the good words dotch!!!!! :rolleyes: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Glenn's wife ;).......................... :happybounce: :party1: :party3:......................... :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                 :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: Glenn's wife ;).......................... :happybounce: :party1: :party3:......................... :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                 :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: she'll miss me!!!!!!! :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: As much as Shadow? :confused:                           ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Ya, wait until Glenn figures out his wife is paying more for Teals to hire him than he is making.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for 32 today. Getting ready to head out the door and pack things up to head out to the fish house. Gots to remember to put some wood in the wood boiler too. Hoping to catch a few fishies today. Hopefully I can remember to make me a sign for the fishy contest. I got to pull a LPS today and send the wife off to work while I am in my sweat pants. I could get used to that. Well, just another day in paradise. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Christmas eve has arrived and a good one to all of you folks!!!  a get together at the gf tonight, that will be fun for all..  got a few things to do today but nothing pressing.. good luck JB!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 40* already here & aiming for 45*. We're headed for Austin today after lunch to get together with our sister & BIL as well as the youngest niece tonight. Got a room so we'll spend the night & then get together with the oldest niece's family tomorrow early. Then dinner tomorrow with the BIL's side before coming home later. Not much else now, have a Merry Christmas all!! Even you Scrooge. ;) :smiley:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 39 here and the snow is disappearing fast. Went and warshed the pickup at 6 this morning , I was the 4th in line, sheez doesn't anyone sleep anymore?? Anywho the SIL and fam is coming over this afternoon for lasagna and tomorrow my side comes over with a whole ham going on the smoker, should be fun. You guys have safe travels this weekend!!! See ya!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Crazy hot 31 degrees at 8 am in International Falls. Heard the plow guy pushing out the driveway at around 6:45, shortly there-after the country plow went by  :rotflmao: it's like they work together!

Saw they had a terrible wreck on 94 east of Eau Claire yesterday morning, both directions closed almost all day. Thankfully nobody badly hurt or killed. It's a good reminder to take your time if you are traveling lots of drivers coming into the midwest who haven't driven on snow in a while.

Potter & Wright families not having a merry Christmas this year, it's a time for all of us to count our blessings and stay safe.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning....33 here right now. Snow tomorrow and again on Sunday. And once more on Tuesday. Then below ZERO every day next week. Should be making ice 24 hours a day. Just so the snow doesn't get so deep we can't drive out.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Harvested another bunch of greens for the Mrs. to decorate with yesterday. Add one more to the "BJ's she owes me" list. Getting mentally prepared to borrow the neighbor's skidsteer. 330 Mustang like mine sans cage so I can clean out a small low clearance building. Guessing there are only ~3 more loads of poo and I'll be done with this fiasco for another year. Hope so. I could sure use a nap this afternoon. I can use one most anytime. Have a good 'un fellers!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....going to be a relaxing day......no christmas gatherings for us!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: mayhaps go see mom then i'll check out the horseshoe chain.

fish going on the smoker about noonish!!!!!!!

texted the coffee man last week for more Tanzanian coffee...........he said he cant get any........must be on a ship stuck somewhere.......Biden lied!!!!!!! :confused: :embarrassed: so he sent me 3 different flavors to try, a palmararo, columbian, and trying the Ethiopian one now...... not to bad.

oh yea.........i was wondering why i felt older this morning???? :surrender: :scratch: then realized my youngest, the twins turned 43 today!!!!!! :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/24/21, 09:51:20 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just got back from the store.  I got supplies to make chocolate chip and also peanut butter cookies.  I got some milk to dunk them in too.  It is 37 here today.  I should be cutting firewood but that can wait.  I have enough for a couple of months.  We are going to have a long cold streak starting tomorrow.  Highs in single digits, some above and some below 0.  I was thinking of putting our ham in my smoker too.  Never done that but it sounds good.  Will be a high of 6 here so maybe I will stick with the oven. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry. Christmas everyone. Took a drive today and 307 miles later I was home again. Santa had me pick up my own present this year cause I was nice and he was busy. Don’t worry the new stable (garage) isn’t quite full yet but getting there. Here’s the new addition. I thinks I’m going to like it. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice toys!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you!  Man that will come in handy all year round!  Nice pick up. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Been considering one of those! Let me know how it works out. Diesel I assume?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang nice Mark!!   looks almost new!!!   good for you!!!  might want to find a cab for the blower set up...   I sure like my cab on mine!!!   :happy1: :happy1: