Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4956714 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good score Mark! The neighbor at the cabin has a good size Kubota unit with a claw attachment,  sure is nice cutting logs waste high instead of on the ground  Mornin peoples and merry Christmas,  the 12 #  ham is hitting the smoker about 9!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like some snow today..  ham sounds great!!   going to make scallop chowder today myself..   first time for that..  just use a clam chowder recipe and go from there!!   have a good day all and Merry Christmas to all!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas again everyone. Well we're getting things together for dinner on or about 1:00 today. Doing something different, meatloaf and cheezy potatoes this year. Should have a house full.
Mike, not sure about a cab yet, need to see much I freeze my azz off first.
DB it's a three cylinder Kubota diesel, 23hp. 116 hours on the unit. Me likey so far.  Have a great day everyone. Later...:happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Merry Christmas everyone. 4 above this morning. Snow just about ready to start here. Supposed to snow pretty much all day. Stop overnight and then start again tomorrow.

Just the 2 of us today. Kids are all at the other side of their family today. Peaceful day. Get to watch Puckers lose this afternoon.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas boys!!! -4 here this morning going for 5 above I think. Nice score there Mark!. Just the 2 of us here today too. Nice and peaceful. I may fish later. We shall see. I will at least need to go out some blocking under the house today. With all the drifting it was starting to push water up yesterday. Well you boys and your families have a Merry Christmas!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Just got in from graining the horses and getting a fire going in the garage.  Was down to 40 since I didn't fire it up yesterday.  Gives me something to do and a little exercise.  We baked a huge batch of cookies yesterday and they turned out great.  May be the best I ever had.  Just gonna take it easy today and cook our ham up.  Was thinking about putting it in the smoker but not sure yet.  It is a 9.5 lb one. Smoker goes up to 250.  Bobb do you put your ham face down in a pan in the smoker.  I would think that would save some juices.  Wondering how long mine would take.  I'm thinking 4 hours. ??  Well you all have a great day and stay safe if you are on the roads.  Merry Christmas to all.  Hope the Packers lose too!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........quiet day here too!!!!!! well except for the 3 dogs!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

tommorrow the kids come for christmas.

tem sure was a change from yesterday morning, still tolerable though!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I normally do cut down in a roasting pan lps, this one is a whole ham. Hoping at 225 to hit 130 or 135 internal temp at 4 hrs or so. If not so be it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we are doing a ham this year, for tommorrow also, but momma's in charge of that and its going in the oven today. we will thorw it in a crock pot to reheat tommorrow. mom always did that and still turned out nice and moist!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Brown Sugar & Honey makes a great glaze on ham or use it as a sauce.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas gang! 20 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's.  Got the last 5 loads of chit hauled yesterday so am kicking back today, sort of. Adjusted the hay feeders, picked up 4 million sticks & filled the bird feeders. Watching Dr. Pol with Ruby. She growls or barks at every dog & there are lots of them. Lots of odd jobs to finish this afternoon. T bones on the grill for dinner! Going to sear them 1st...:tongue:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/25/21, 10:46:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Brown Sugar & Honey makes a great glaze on ham or use it as a sauce.
:tut: icky. :rotflmao:

Sear.... Just a fancy name for burnt meat!!!🤭 :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny Glenn, we like Dr. Pol too.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas. Home is nice and toasty with our new high priced furnace. Having a Hillshire Farms bone in ham, porcupine meat balls and a smoked turkey. We will live on leftovers into the new year. S brown Christmas is ok with me.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no brown Christmas here, snowing for the last couple hours..  way more tomorrow they are saying...  winter storm watch starting to morrow..  4 to 8 inches they are yapping possibly... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:not snowing here... Yet and only saying an inch. Up north there talking 4-8 starting tonight.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got more than an inch here so far...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: you get all the good snow.........i'm sure roony and dotch would like some.........so since its christmas........you should really share!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
love too!   :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: you get all the good snow.........i'm sure roony and dotch would like some.........so since its christmas........you should really share!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'll share the 17 loads of sheep chit I finished hauling then. Not bad today but when it thaws & the wind is right, watch out!
🦨
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
da5ts ok Dotch, it is what it is and besides I don't want to short Glenn on his gifts from you!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll share the 17 loads of sheep chit I finished hauling then. Not bad today but when it thaws & the wind is right, watch out!
🦨
I'd gladly take some if the wind came out of the south. :evil:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got 3 to 4 inches here..  fluffy stuff...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is 6 here.  Just took Cooper and Buddy for a run down to the river and back.  Didn't get stuck as I drove the Ranger.  LOL 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Merry Christmas everyone. 4 above this morning. Snow just about ready to start here. Supposed to snow pretty much all day. Stop overnight and then start again tomorrow.

Just the 2 of us today. Kids are all at the other side of their family today. Peaceful day. Get to watch Puckers lose this afternoon.
dont help when mayfield looks like he's playing for the  puckers!!!!!!!! :pouty: :confused: :doah:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very nice rig there markn.  My guess is there's a cab in your future.. after the first time you blow snow when it's 10 degrees and a strong wind blowing.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd agree deadeye. Could depend on summer use plans I imagine. Removable soft side cab might be an option. Never had a cab until 3 years ago. Heat housers were the best I could do. No regrets. Have to peel clothes off now as opposed to freezing & looking like a powdered donut. No style points for that.  :cold:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 here this morning..  not sure what I have on the agenda today, but I'll know when it gets here..  maybe even get it done..  sure not looking forward to the wind and snow tonight...  oh well..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! My mom's 93rd birthday today so we will go see her at the Care Center. I just wish she got more enjoyment out of life but I fully understand why she doesn't. Otherwise, having lunch with my son and his family and seeing them off to KC. This evening a relaxed few beverages with the warden.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
birthday wish's to you Mom roony!!!   :happybday: