Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4962598 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got done with the side walk and driveway  I'd say all of 8 inches..   60 miles away by Brainerd, they had 13 to 18 inches..   darn near got stuck a couple times here too...   and I have chains and weights..  yikes!!   now to see how much comes tomorrow!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
4"-5" here in International Falls at noon. 23 degrees. Saw the county plow go by a couple of times also the log trucks are still running. Debating if I want to go shovel now while it's warm, or wait until it's frigid in the morning.

Stay safe guys.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I don't know officially what we have for snow fall but we may be over 6" by now.  I plowed the winter feed yard in the pasture right by the bales.  Maybe half a football field.  Now I will maintain that for the winter.  I got both bale feeders in there too so feeling good about that.  So that took a few hours so I plowed the driveway again.  Around noon it looked like it was done snowing.  Now the flakes are bigger and adding up faster.  SO it was a Dotchy kind of day here on the ranch.  LOL 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Best hit the gin then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing I had the plow on the F150 today. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
holy moly!!!  looks ya used a front end loader!!!!  I'm thinking 7 inches here, how much there?? 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,freezing out the door, burrrr,3 degrees,looks like more snow on the way by 9am,weather guy said folks up north will get the worst of it again,hold tight fellers its december in minnesota.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody used a front end loader. LOL. Morning boys -7 here and snowing already this morning. We got 6-8" of snow yesterday I would guess and they are talking another 2-5" here today. Moved snow out of the driveway last night and sounds like I will be able to do it again tonight. You all take it easy moving snow. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Warmed up overnight. 0 degrees this morning. Got a little under a foot here today. More snow on the way today. Another 2-4 inches. Then the cold moves in.....20-25 below the next few days.

Going to start making Whole Muscle Venison Jerky today. Starting with Hi-Country Smokey Blend. My grinder bit the dust last week. A new one on the way. Then pepperoni sticks up next.
« Last Edit: December 12/28/21, 07:17:44 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Looks like we got 5" or snow here in International Falls. Zero this morning with no wind. My phone says another 5" this afternoon / evening, we will see.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 21*here & we'll end up ~ 30* later. Nary a snowflake spotted here ;)  :smiley: :evil:...................yet, might get a couple inches by this afternoon, is what they're sayin. :confused: A light glaze too. It sounds like they got blasted up at the lake though, I heard 10", & another 3-5" predicted for today. Didn't get my running done yday, maybe today. :scratch: That's all from the southern border, have a good day & take it easy movin the snow guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a light dusting here so far today and the temp went up over night here too..  5 now and maybe 14 later..  sure going to get colder later this week for sure..  got to go into Alex after lunch today, VA visit and get a new garage door remote opener..  one of mine stopped working..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning All, 12” yesterday in suburban Nevis. Starting to snow again this morning. Spent most of the day digging out, and have some more roof raking to do today.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 14 here and talking 1-3" starting soon. Did all my running around yesterday,  started making a new spice rack for the kitchen so should be able to finish it today. Have a swell day fellas!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll come clean, the picture was staged. That pile would have bigger if I were to get real serious about plowing snow with my truck. LOL. Used and abused the new blower yesterday. Other than a couple of shear pins the blower getting sheared off it worked great. Burns only about a gallon of fuel an hour too. More coffee, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man everyone is busy with snow.  I have some on the ground that I could plow but I will wait and see what happens today.  Or if I get bored I will clean it up.  Getting new tires on the wifes car today.   One had a slice in it but wasn't leaking.  I didn't want to take any chances.  Not fun changing tires on the road in the winter.  Or summer for that matter.  The wife is working from home today.  She is in her office with the door closed so the dogs and I don't bother her.  She is pretty serious about it.  Also with the door open Cooper would be stealing things from her all day long.  lol  Thinking of eggs, sausage, cheese sandwich today.  So Gunner do you have someone take care of snow removal when you aren't there? That is a lot of snow.  Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........i wa pretty wore out last nite, cleaning up snow here and at moms, getting the beef in the freezer. gotta defrost , clean it and rotate stuff. i worked so hard at cleaning up the snow, i broke my push shovel!!!!  :doah: :scratch: :confused:

Gunner........you need some of that "good" snow to,,,,,,dotch and roony dont need to get it all!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

think i'll start looking at loading stuff for the cabin departure this sunday morning!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody does it, LPS, it'll wait for us. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

morning fellers........i wa pretty wore out last nite, cleaning up snow here and at moms, getting the beef in the freezer. gotta defrost , clean it and rotate stuff. i worked so hard at cleaning up the snow, i broke my push shovel!!!!  :doah: :scratch: :confused:

Gunner........you need some of that "good" snow to,,,,,,dotch and roony dont need to get it all!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

think i'll start looking at loading stuff for the cabin departure this sunday morning!!!!!! :happy1:
:scratch: Must've been a cheap shovel, you should get a good one at Mernard's next time!! :nerd: :evil:             :laugh: :laugh:
We "save" all our good snow for the lake when we know you want to go up.  :sleazy: :mooning:
« Last Edit: December 12/28/21, 09:42:14 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: well i can assure you i didnt get it at wally world!!!!!!1 :mooning: :mooning:

it was either a menards or fleet farm shovel.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there goes some more of that moldy money again!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the moths will like getting some fresh air too!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there goes some more of that moldy money again!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the moths will like getting some fresh air too!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:confused: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Whatsa "push shovel?" :bonk:...My "push shovel" is a 60" blade attached to the quad.Kinda eyeballing a 48" blower attachment for the quad but I have a long class 5 driveway,pretty sure all the class 5 would be gone by spring.Blower sure would be nice for big snow events.

This ...just more $ to piss away but it sure would be handy....

« Last Edit: December 12/28/21, 10:04:04 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that looks sweet!!  looked at blowers for wheelers a few years ago..  not that great yet back then...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A push shovel is a gadget us poor people use to clean up snow. Also for people with less cash than a guy named snow 1 has!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. Some snow & freezing drizzle expected to develop with snow accumulations of 1" - 2". Tractor is where I can plug it in & aimed at the snow blower, just not hooked up yet. Hopefully I won't need to. Sometimes freezing my assets on the skidsteer a few minutes beats dicking around a half hour waiting for the tractor to get warmed up.

Someone was talking the other day about daylength, sunset, sunrise, highs & lows, etc., this time of year. I find that kind of stuff interesting since I'm out in it twice a day whether I want to be or not. Can already tell we're gaining some daylight in the late afternoon when we do chores. Dunno if I've posted these sites before but these are some I've been using for a while. You can input your own location or somewhere nearby to get a pretty good idea of the temps & time info.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@5039144

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/us-climate-normals/?s=03   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting sites Dotch.  thanks!! 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Here’s my shovel.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here’s my shovel.
:rotflmao:now datz a shovel.  :happy1: :rotflmao: :surrender:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Here’s my shovel.
I have a shovel very similar to that. Mine is on the front of an ASV.
Hey look your bobber is up!