Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901235 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -17 here and might get to -1..  just a tad bit cold for sure!!  looks like the snow is done with us for now..  and I'm OK with that..  going into Alex this morning to get a few supplies..  don't need much more than the basics so won't be very long..  then I think I check out Culvers for a butterburger!!!  have a good and warm day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,,,so cold this morning the air looks blue,-10 out the door....I see another front moving in,hope no more snow,odd afternoon yesterday,midday it was freezing rain after a 1 hour snow squall,roads were glare ice,seen one bad crash on hwy 52,one person died...folks just can't slow down.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-12 in International Falls this morning. I think (I didn't measure we got between 6-8" yesterday alone. 5" the day before. Heading to the cities today, hoping the hiway is good.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a safe drive Dutch!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have a good trip Dutch!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good morning.....-22 here this morning. We got well over a foot from the 3 storms that went by. That's enough for awhile.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  we must have the warm spot a balmy -7. Not much going on today momma says since I'm home I get to go grocery shopping,  oh goody! No big deal I'll be in and otta there.  My minnows from last Thursday were still doing good in the garage yesterday but I'm guessing they probably are pretty stiff today. Have a good hump day gents!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -16 here right now.  I don't even know how much snow we got the last few days.  I just keep on plowing and shoveling.  Will have to do it again today.  I will wait awhile though.  We gained another minute in the evening.  That is the only bright spot.  Drive careful Dutch. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have -3 here & gonna work towards 15* by this afternoon. I found out we had a little ice under the snow the hard way yday. :bonk: Luckily the part I landed on has some good padding. ;) :smiley: Not sure what's in store for this day yet & that's OK. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
6 below here heading up to 9 above today. Putzing in the shop and. Going to see mom today. Have a goodun.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers................was -14 when i looked. not sure the agenda for today!!!!! sure glad i decided to clean up thesnow last night and not wait till today. still trying to figure out when i'm going to head north  :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

safe travels dutchy!!!!!!!!! look out for snow!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: J/K snow!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
6 below here heading up to 9 above today. Putzing in the shop and. Going to see mom today. Have a goodun.
man, you get all the warm air!!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -8 at choretime heading for a high around 10. No newbies so at least there was that. It's definitely making ice. Was a guy yesterday on St. Olaf with a portable fishing on the new ice. The other day he was up in the NW corner of the lake where it remained froze from the first go round. Not a lot definitive on the plate for the day. Finish up submitting my CEU's for certification is about it. Was strongly considering letting it slide. Not cheap & not like it's ever done me much good. The certification authorities just want your money. Looking at the renewal, even with COVID mucking things up, I have plenty of CEU's and I will have been certified for 30 years in January of '22. An awful lot of certified individuals running around out here who threw away their code of ethics when they received them. These are the same folks whose unethical recommendations are responsible for herbicide and insecticide resistance issues among other things. Two years from now I'll see how I feel about it. By then I may be retired and can give those in charge a piece of my mind w/o worrying about retribution.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK dotch  :scratch: :scratch: whats a CEU????? mikey wants to know!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

he said its a certificate to taste gin products!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Continuing education units. In this case you accumulate 1 CEU per hour of continuing ed. For a two year cycle it takes 45 CEU's to recertify. I typically under report them, especially the self-reported credits, but still have way more than enough when renewal time rolls around. You don't get any extra credit for that & you can't bank the extra CEU's. Other than satisfying my own curiosity, not sure what the point is.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Continuing education units. In this case you accumulate 1 CEU per hour of continuing ed. For a two year cycle it takes 45 CEU's to recertify. I typically under report them, especially the self-reported credits, but still have way more than enough when renewal time rolls around. You don't get any extra credit for that & you can't bank the extra CEU's. Other than satisfying my own curiosity, not sure what the point is.
:happy1: :happy1: so you just keep getting smarter as time moves forward??? :bow: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No it just makes me kill off more brain cells with gin so it all evens out...😵

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Warmed up overnight, minus 2 right now. Froze my azz of yesterday on the blower cleaning up around the buildings. Checked on a cab. I can get a soft sider with a glass windshield and wiper for about 1,700 plus tax, but i had an issue with the 350 bucks shipping cost. For something the size of my kitchen table I may have to buy a semi and get back into trucking again if there's that much money in it. Nah, being retired is more funner, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Warmed up to 11 balmy degrees here overnight! Suppose to get up to the mid 20's today. Tomorrow the cool down comes. Have a good one!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -27 when I rose out of bed at 4:30 this morning.  :cold: :cold: Supposed to get up to -1 for a high today. Supposed to get really cold tomorrow night and Saturday. Can't wait. Have some buddies coming up today to ice fish for the weekend and a couple coming tomorrow just for the day. Planning to bring the big house out tomorrow and Scott is bringing his wheel house up too. The only fun part will be getting them across the pressure ridge. I will go and try and make a decent crossing this afternoon. I will be done with work at 11:00 today. Yippy!!! You boys have a good one today!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNIN GENTS.... Ha JB...-27 degrees this morning and you say tomorrow will be really cold?....good grief.  spittin snow hear this morning,just enough to glaze the roads over.Kinda had plans to hit the farm saturday to start the new year bangin rooster's but looking at the forcast maybe not,need a plan B....Duce wasn't having booties on his feet (sure was funny) so now I'm using spam spray on his feet,otherwise he's constanly cleaning snow from inbetween his toes.Eye balling a new pup as Duce is 9 yrs old now,ugh...puppies.

Be safe guyz...
« Last Edit: December 12/30/21, 08:31:09 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, hey Mark how about an after market cab??  not sure where you would find it...   -2 here also..   tomorrow night and saturday night they are saying -24 for lows..  got to get some motion lotion for my snow blower today if I want to keep it going..  so a trip to town for gas and a couple other things in LP.   have a good day and stay warm!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 10 here on the good side of the dial. Sipping on coffee and checking out local lakes to go after some sunnies later. Took the whipper snappers suv for a rip yesterday and the low air pressure light came on. Turns out every vehicle here needed about 10# with the cold snap. Bout all I got, see ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Too cold for me to even want to go ice fishing.  Will have a bit of a warm up in a few days, then I will get going.  I will finish plowing my feed lot in the pasture today.  It is going good.  Only takes an hour or so to get it all done.  I got distracted the other day so didn't finish it.  Coffee is tasting good this morning.  You all have a good day. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have a heatwave here as it's 17* already & we'll end the day~25*. Got some runnin to do this AM but that's about it. Have a good day & try to stay warm.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to agree on the coffee!!  tastes darn good this morning!!   :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Minus 6 here in International Falls at nearly 9 am. Will need to shovel the deck off this morning and knock some snow off the feeders for the birds.  Weather app says -20's to near -30 the next few nights. Starts to warm a bit on Monday it looks like. Good snow cover here for anybody who likes to snowmobile.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....above 0 here to. think i seen 11. got some running to do myself today since its gonna be a heat wave!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Still mopping up end of the year-beginning of next year stuff. May sneak out of here early today & run some errands. Also supposed to be a package arriving via FedEx at home. Not sure how good they are about leaving stuff w/o a signature so need to keep an eye out for that. Ya mark n, that freight sounds pretty steep but they kinda got ya coming & going thru dealerships a lot of time. A wiper would be nice, something my old Year-A-Round cab has but doesn't work. Really be tits to have one front and back but with a sliding split rear window, won't happen. Really like Cooper's rig on his skidsteer too. Bigger skidsteer w/blower up front so you can see what you're doing. I'd want a skidsteer big enough to handle 1500# bales. If I did that tho I'd probably do something stupid like clean out neighbor's yards to justify the expense. Could've bought several decent IH Hydro 186's or 100's for that money but now the used tractor market is just nuts for anything worth a crap.  :doah:   
« Last Edit: December 12/30/21, 10:18:46 AM by Dotch »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed dotch. I would have loved to have a skidsteer with a bucket, blower and maybe a brush mower but couldn't justify the price. I've looked for almost a year and everything I've seen is either junk or costs 35K (a wee bit out of my budget) and that's just for the skidsteer. Oh well, I have 2 above this morning here. Was going to go to Emmaville to ride snowmobile this weekend, but feeling a bit under the weather so I'm staying home. I did get to binge watch Band of Brothers yesterday. All ten episodes. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm