Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945839 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, only -13 here & we're shootin for 3 for the high. I didn't leave the house yday. Messed with a couple little projects I got goin & watched football. Today may just be more of the same, we'll see. Have a good day & stay warm.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. phone and outdoor thermometer seem too be in sink!!!!!!! -22. gonna wait till it hits -10 then head north!!!!!!beer should be cold by the time i get to the cabin!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: so hurry up..warm up!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morninpeoples-15herepaperisreadandcoffeeaboutwrappedup.NotmuchongoingtodayeitherwatchsomefootballandlaylowimthinkingSeeya!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-29 this morning in International Falls at 8 am. Neither truck started yesterday and I hold no hope for the Ford for today either. I'll give the Dodge a try this afternoon. I did plug the Dodge in yesterday so maybe............

Since I didn't get out yesterday I didn't win the Powerball. I'm sure Glenn did and he will treat the Mrs. to breakfast today at Hardees. Hopefully he can upgrade his beer taste selection now also.    :happy1:
TIP line: ā€‹ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. phone and outdoor thermometer seem too be in sink!!!!!!! -22. gonna wait till it hits -10 then head north!!!!!!beer should be cold by the time i get to the cabin!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: so hurry up..warm up!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
:scratch: Go talk to your thermometer ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:, that should speed things up a bunch!!  :sleazy: :nerd:  :evil:           

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
-29 this morning in International Falls at 8 am. Neither truck started yesterday and I hold no hope for the Ford for today either. I'll give the Dodge a try this afternoon. I did plug the Dodge in yesterday so maybe............

Since I didn't get out yesterday I didn't win the Powerball. I'm sure Glenn did and he will treat the Mrs. to breakfast today at Hardees. Hopefully he can upgrade his beer taste selection now also.    :happy1:
good thing you mentioned it......i forgot to check!!!!!!!!!

and i'm getting the best beer on the market already dutchy.......i cant go up from there!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morninpeoples-15herepaperisreadandcoffeeaboutwrappedup.NotmuchongoingtodayeitherwatchsomefootballandlaylowimthinkingSeeya!!
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

boobers been stricken with the boaranze flu!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Mike when I read your thing about taking decorations down I looked up and our tree is gone.  LOLOL   The wife did it before I got up.  I have always thought about a diesel but only had one in a knock around truck I had once.  They are cool though.  So Markn I saw a video on Youtube about this sickle type of mower you can attach to the bucket of your tractor.  It is hydraulic so you can turn it up or down whilst mowing off brush along trails.  Will do horizontal or vertical cutting.  Looked cool but I don't know how much they cost.  Gauza or something like that was the brand. Well it is hovering around -31 here today.  Glad football is on later on.  Hope JB and his friend survived yesterday on the lake.  Well you all stay warm!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -16 at choretime heading for a high around 6 above. Boar will be happy. I'll be burning some cardboard shortly before the wind changes direction. Shift some canna bulbs around in the garage & stash them then putz with some other projects. A nap also might happen...😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sunshine and 72 here.  Well, that's the answer I used to give when people from out of Minnesota questioned me regarding how cold it was in the winter. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Neat looking mower on the bucket Barry. Not sure what Iā€™m going to do. I have a DR pull behind now and am considering a walk-behind. Got all winter to look.
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,chilly start to 2022,hope all the cob webs have cleared as well as double vision...
0 degrees out the door shootin for 25 degrees later today,i'll take it after last weekend,good hrief it was cold.

good day to all.
« Last Edit: January 01/03/22, 07:42:36 AM by snow1 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning. Warmed up overnight. 6 above this morning. Won't last long though. Back below zero  Wednesday.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -7 here this morning. Big change from the -35 we had yesterday morning. We survived the weekend on the lake. The only cold times were the rides to and from the fish house. Otherwise it was nice and toasty in the fish house. The boys pulled right around 11 am yesterday. Not much else here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, warmed up some here too, at 5 now and going for the low 20's...  got all my christmas suff taken down and put away yesterday..  sure looks different now!!!   not sure what I have going on today so I'll just go with it..  have a good day all!!   :happy1: 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 8 above here. My last day off today then back to the grind tomorrow.  Spose to hit mid 20's today I think I'll go watch some tip ups on a nearby lake. Bout it...See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's a balmy -4 here this morning.  I went to bed in the 3rd quarter last night.  If the team isn't into it I am not wasting my time on them.  I think Zim is tired of the whole situation too.  One more game and we will probably get our azz kicked then too.  I hope so and then we will get a better first draft pick.  Not much going on here today.  Maybe a little more pasture mowing.  We shall see. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 2* now & may hit the mid-20's before the day is over. Got a couple projects I started in the last couple weeks I can putz with for a bit today early, if I want. Otherwise I'll just play it by ear. Hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 8 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Cleaned the excess cardboard out of the garage & entry way yesterday. Can only use about so many small boxes. Did use a few to stash canna bulbs & 4 o'clock tubers altho I was surprised. There were a few canna bulbs in the bottom of one box left from spring that were still lively. Might see if they'll make a 2nd winter just for laughs. The ones I dug this past fall look good too. The last 2 falls being a little drier probably helped. Finished off 2021 weather data this a.m. to send in. Otherwise prolly be a quiet day for the most part. Starting the 20th year of the column tonite. Time flies when yer havin' fun. Sometimes even when yer not... :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers....nice  break,temp wise out the door,23 degrees.....short lived after we get the snow later today then back in the freeze bunker...sub zero sounds like.

Oh well,its mid winter in minnesowta.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 now and get to 23..  then later the snow and then the wind thru tomorrow..  wind will be the worst to contend with..  propane company showed up yesterday and filled the tank..  so good to go there for awhile...  not much more going on today..   have a good day all!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to get outside for the first time in seven days. Dandy chest and head cold going on. Clean off the trailers sitting next to garage and blow the snow out into the woods. Have to see how the attachment works on three point with a ball on it for moving trailers. My hope is I don't have to get off tractor. Should cut up a pork lion in the fridge into chops too. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning....10 above here this  morning. Getting up to 15. Snow on the way later today and tonight.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 28* & are 'sposed to top out ~31* later. Under a WWA from 9 tonight intil 6 tomorrow night as well. Only about 1" of snow but they're warning of 45-50 mph winds. :doah: A little running to do today but not much else. Have a good 1.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning, balmy 3 degrees in International Falls. Good news, got both diesel trucks started yesterday. Turns out I had a bad extension cord for the block heater on the Ford. Dodge I didn't plug in until Sunday. Neither truck liked those brutal cold overnight temps. Lesson learned.   :bonk:

Thinking i'll take a drive to Baudette this morning before the snow gets going. Nothing else to do.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Only an inch of snow forecast in the overnite but at least there will be wind gusting to 45 mph. :doah: It's either dead still here or gale force winds, not much in between. Finish a column this a.m. then head to a meeting in Waseca this afternoon. It's close enough to roony's so the weather should be perfect! Otherwise just another day in paradise.  🏝

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Do they still let you in Waseca?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey Dutch what time are you planning on being in Baudette?  You can stop in and pick up your Ice Rig if you feel like it.  Let me know.  I will PM you my address.  Still eating breakfast and will do the usual fill woodburner and grain horses.  Should get the snowmobile running.  It's been a couple of weeks I bet.  Well you all get ready for the snownami.  We are in the 3-7" range here with 35 MPH winds.  Think I will haul some wood in too.  Later boys.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Morning boys.  Hey Dutch what time are you planning on being in Baudette?  You can stop in and pick up your Ice Rig if you feel like it.  Let me know.  I will PM you my address.  Still eating breakfast and will do the usual fill woodburner and grain horses.  Should get the snowmobile running.  It's been a couple of weeks I bet.  Well you all get ready for the snownami.  We are in the 3-7" range here with 35 MPH winds.  Think I will haul some wood in too.  Later boys.

Sounds like a good idea! Here is my cell number 612-859-0706 you can text me your address. I'll leave around 9:30 I think.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman