Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904711 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Do they still let you in Waseca?

Only under the cover of darkness... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got pork lion done. 27 center cut chops, 3/4” thick, $17.63 for pig, buck and a half for the vacuum bags and 22 minutes of my time. Tuckered me out, time for a nap I’m thinking.
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice mark,curious what make sealer you have? mine is out dated and frankly a pos,can't seal anything with moisture unless flash froze,looking to up grade,I see commercial grade sealers start at $500+  but today we can buy in bulk to save a few bucks.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow when you are sealing wet stuff use those sandwich bags from way back, no seal, just a flip and flap type deal..  can't recall what given name but they work good for that..  or use plastic wrap from a roll.. 

but yes a good sealer goes along ways too!!!   :happy1:

and Mark that looks great!!  get better bud!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/04/22, 02:42:17 PM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good idea Mike.  I try to freeze on a cookie sheet first but that can be a pain too.  Had a great meet with Dutchy today.  We both got to gabbing and solved most of the worlds problems.  LOL  Will probably do some fishing this summer. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Fishing would be great but I'm worried that Lab would chew a hole in the boat.    :rotflmao:

Very nice meeting you and it was a nice way to spend a morning.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Perfect!
:pouty: :banghead:  no damn wonder my ears bothered me this morning. :confused: :puke: youz guyz was talking trash about me. :confused: :rotflmao:

Hey LPS  U happen to go fishing with dutchy this summer, ya might need to hit the landfill for his beer. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good evening....Blizzard warning out here overnight.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

People in this area are starting to head for Frisco Texas for the FCS Championship game between North Dakota State and Montana State on Saturday.
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/04/22, 06:44:52 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fishing would be great but I'm worried that Lab would chew a hole in the boat.    :rotflmao:

Very nice meeting you and it was a nice way to spend a morning.

He is a pretty darn good dog for 14 months old isn't he?   I love the heck out of him and the older black one is Buddy.  We have had him for about 6 years and he is 12 years old by now.  Love him too!  He didn't like Cooper at all and Cooper being as pushy as he is jumped on Buddy all of the time and Buddy would not like it and nail him..  I felt so bad and tried to keep it under control.  Buddy is still the boss but Cooper is a lot bigger so Buddy just walks away sometimes when Cooper plays too hard with him. They like to fish too. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I like dogs also. Real weak spot for Labs.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning. -1 and 25 mph winds here and heavy snow, blizzard conditions. Not supposed to quit until late morning. Temps will be going down all day to -25 tomorrow morning.

I'm making German sauage today. 1/2 venison and 1/2 pork.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, wind howlin here too..  7 here and might get to 9 before heading well below zero...  just might not go to Alex today..  it can wait a day I'm thinking..   511 is rather full this morning too..  other than that not much going on today..  have a good and safe day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I get to plow some snow after breakfast. I might have to head to town too today. My Fleet Farm list is getting longer and almost have a full page (small tablet). Just read in the Park Rapids paper the snowmobile race there is Jan. 29 and 30. Good thing the LP tank is getting filled today on the schoolhouse, may have to go up and watch it this year. That's all on my dance-card today. Later... :happy1: :happy1:

Snow, my sealer is an old FoodSaver Mini 220. I found it at a rummage sale a million years ago for a couple of bucks. It still seals even with some grease on the inside of the bag from the meat. Just have to be sure there are no wrinkles at the seal point. :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers..... Holy sheep shete... nasty out the door ,dumping pretty good still,about 3"s ofd drifting lite snow,20mph winds making driving a challenge along with dumb arse drivers thinking it's sunny dry roads,gonna be a bumper car rush hour I suspect,about 10' visibility with this wind,blowing snow.

careful is the word today on the roads.

Mark,yup, "food saver" here too,not worth a shete sealing anything with moisture unless I flash freeze it,like fish,on the upside it comes in handy for a quick meat marinade and squrrielin away meat sticks and brats.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 5* & should get all the way up to 11* before the day is over. Only :rolleyes: 25-30 mph sustained winds here the rest of the day, we had 45-50 mph gusts when I 1st turned on the TV ~5:30. I poked my head out of the sidedoor of the garage & it didn't look like we had any snow to me. I did hear a plow on the next street over though. Pretty sure I don't have anything I need so badly that I have to go out today unless I want to. Hopin your Wednesday's a good , warm, & safe 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -3 and windy here this morning. Have a bunch of drifts in the driveway from the new snow. The temp is supposed to drop all dat today I am hearing. I will need to move some snow when I get home. Ended up making a run to Grand Forks with the wife yesterday. She had an appointment with the oral surgeon and she wanted me to ride along incase the roads were crappy. She is getting an implant put in and they had to uncover the stud I guess. 6 hours of driving for a 10 minute procedure. Amazed the dentist in town couldn't do it. Oh well, the rest of it will be done here now. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just was outside, can't say how much snow we got but we have some decent drifts that will need removal later... 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-5 with a North wind at 15 here in International Falls this morning. They say the temp will continue to fall today. Looks like 1-2" of fresh snow overnight.

Need to run to the grocery store at some point today but thats about it.

Stay safe.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -3 and windy here this morning. Have a bunch of drifts in the driveway from the new snow. The temp is supposed to drop all dat today I am hearing. I will need to move some snow when I get home. Ended up making a run to Grand Forks with the wife yesterday. She had an appointment with the oral surgeon and she wanted me to ride along incase the roads were crappy. She is getting an implant put in and they had to uncover the stud I guess. 6 hours of driving for a 10 minute procedure. Amazed the dentist in town couldn't do it. Oh well, the rest of it will be done here now. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
  most likely could but it's about the money...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly Mike!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We go to Northern Lights Dental in Warroad.  Real nice people there. There is a guy in town here that is going to have or already had a batch of lab pups.  The mom isn't as big as Cooper he said.  We got a few inches of snow here but not too bad.  I will probably fire up the Dodge and plow us out today.  Gonna have left over steak with eggs for a late breakfast today.  Still having java.  Well you all have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, that's why I have I have to drive to Sartell, 3 to 4 times a years for a paradental visit..  If they would just do the job right at the dentist office I wouldn't have too.. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 6 at choretime with slowly falling temps throughout the day. Snowfall difficult to gauge but roughly 1/2" at the ranch & 1" in town. Windy w/gusts up to 45 mph so visibility in places is an issue. It's getting a lot of mileage out of a small amount of snow & suspect some is being blown in from the west where snowfall was heavier. Listening to a webinar, have some banking to do, drink some coffee then see what the weather is up to at noon. May have lunch & head home for the day.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -17 here this morning and only supposed to make it to -10 for a high today. Then down close to 30 below tonight. We go to the same dentist as you Barry. Our Dentist retired a couple of years ago and she took on most of his clients. We had some pretty good drifts in the driveway so I cleaned up snow last night. I always like looking at a freshly plowed driveway. Not sure why, but I do. Guess I am just  :crazy::rotflmao: Bank run after work and fit the grocery store. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, depending on which outdoor thermometer I look at it's either -23 or -18 here in the northland.

The outdoor toilet tells me it's -40. :cold: :cold: :happy1:

Packing up and heading home this morning.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a safe drive home Glenn!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,zero at 0430 now 5 below out the door....roads suck this morning,"black ice" I see we had 175 accidents yesterday in our state alone,suspect more of the same with crazy drivers today.

Safe travels glenn.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -18 here and might see -9 today!!   then -23 tonight!!  yikes!!!  going to make a resupply run here too..  need some food basically..  darn battery on the snow blower was super low, had to charge it for a few hours before I could blow the snow out yesterday..  have to figure that out now..  have a good day all and stay warm!!    :happy1:

have a safe trip home Glenn!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks fellers. I'm in no hurry.