Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905037 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 17 here but the 14 mph wind makes it feel colder. Gonna meet with some fellas mid morning and do some sunnie fishin, sounds like they're driving out but not me,  I can handle the 100 yard walk. Other than that thinking papa Murphys this afternoon.. See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good stuff Bobber!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 11 here this morning heading for 17 today. Should feel a lot warmer. It was windy yesterday and below zero. Going to make some coffee the decide if I am making breakfast here or out in the fish house. About all for me. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......yeppers.....feelin the heat wave.mid week gonna be even warmer!!!!!!!!! gonna clean up some snow today then head up to moms to do the same.

good luck  :fish2: :fish2: boober and JB, just remember all the things i taught youz guyz!!!!!!! :super smiley: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Glenn, I learned what not to do from you.  :nerd:  :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
10 degrees above this morning but windy here in International Falls. We had snow over night but it doesn't look like much.
« Last Edit: January 01/08/22, 08:39:47 AM by dutchboy »
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup Glenn, I learned what not to do from you.  :nerd:  :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: now ya hurt my feelings!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I couldn't help myself

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 15* presently & we may see 30* this afternoon. :shocked: I didn't do much of anything yday as could feel a cold comin on so I stayed home. Last cold I had up at the lake it took me most of a week to beat it down, feelin quite a bit better today already this time around. :happy1: :cool: Think I'll stick close to home again today just for good measure. Take a little easy out in this warmer weather today so you don't get yourselves sick too & enjoy your day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one jb!  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :surrender: :doah: :embarrassed: oh the abuse!!!!!!!!  :banghead: :banghead:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going for a ride on my new to me snowmobile today. Not sure where we're going, just going. Going to enjoy this warmth while it's here. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:

Didn't see that one coming Glenn? Looked like a freight train from here. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Going for a ride on my new to me snowmobile today. Not sure where we're going, just going. Going to enjoy this warmth while it's here. Later....... :happy1: :happy1:

Didn't see that one coming Glenn? Looked like a freight train from here. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i guess i shoulda with this group of misfits here!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Same as JB. 11 here and south wind.  We have a few inches of snow by the house but I can see there is none by the garage.  Of course there is 3" or so on the deck.  Will have to shovel that. Not sure what is on the agenda today yet.  We shall see. I have not cooked breakfast in the fish house for years JB but enjoyed doing it.  Sausage and eggs was fun.  Our cabbage soup turned out so good I am tempted to have it for breakfast.  I will see what the wife wants first.  We have football today don't we? Would like to see  Philly beat Dallas.  Wish it was the first game.  KC at Broncos is the first game at 3:30.  Kind of a bore.  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dutchboy,
Don't complain too much about the chains coming off. I grew up on a dairy farm with a silo (No unloader) and barn with gutters (No barn cleaner).  Untold hours chipping frozen silage off the walls and many tons of manure shoveled out of the gutters into the spreader. And if that wasn't enough if the snow got too deep to pull the spreader, we loaded it in a wheel barrel and wheeled it out on a pile.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morn, er, afternoon gang! 13 at choretime & topped out around 32. Made a FF run & came away disappointed. Empty shelves in places & many sale items not stocked or priced. Americans should learn to expect less as our fearless leader says. :rolleyes: Odd, animals don't work that way. Got the dead picked up, filled water tanks, dumped buckets that had thawed then filled birdfeeders. Grabbed a bite to eat & watching some hoops until choretime. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the ice here on the river.  Lots of snow adding weight so I have been holding off fishing.  I went down today and drilled a hole about 20' from my house and the water started gushing up onto the ice.  I have my house blocked up waiting for it.  I had 22" of ice where I drilled the hole.   I will go check it in a few days and see if it all froze up. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Up and at em early today.  Making deviled eggs and the coffee is perking.  Looking forward to the Vikes and Bears today.  Anything could happen.  -13 here.  Have a good one.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....-15 here this morning. Not going above zero today. Warmup Tues and Wed.....close to 30 on Wed.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We have minus 11 this morning. Nothing going on today, watch the Vikings about it. Put on 75 miles on the sled yesterday on its maiden voyage. Trails were a bit rough later in the day, arms and wrists are stiff. Not too bad. Have a great Sunday all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all -11 here too,  might make it to -2 today..  yea might watch some of the game today, not sure..  other than that not sure what I have going on..  only time will tell..  have a good day all...   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -14 here this morning heading for a high of -8 today. Out in the fish house early today. Had lots of trouble yesterday evening. The battery in my track truck went dead when I tried to start it. Walked about a quarter mile over to a neighbor's fish house to get a ride back to shore. We brought out a couple batteries and tried jump starting it. Could get close, but just wouldn't go. So I bought out the generator and battery charge. I have the block heater plugged in and the charger on the battery. Also had the charger on another battery all night. Keeping my fingers crossed. You boys have a good one!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck JB.  I forgot you had that track truck.  Cool!  Is that what you always use to get to your house or do you have a snowmobile too?  Would love to see pics of it.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -2 at choretime heading for a high around 7. Another lamb born dead last nite. Knew about it at 10 p.m. but didn't take the lamb away from the ewe until this a.m. 15 mph wind has a bite to it. Guess who gets to do the outdoors part of the chores? Good thing I'm in my winter plumage or my face would've been froze. Good day to stay inside by the fire. Gopher hoops should be on at 11 altho there were some games cancelled or postponed due to COVID yesterday. Good luck JB! Hope she fires up.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks jb, hopefully she fires today. Mornin peoples 4 below here at the moment,  that was a weird win for the Wild last night, the get out scored yet win..lol. Not much going on today, the kid and I managed to keep 15 sunnies yesterday but it was pretty slow going, quite a few 1/2 ton trucks on 12" of ice but not me, the walk wasn't bad. Anywho have a splendid Sunday gents!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good luck JB..    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 0* for our start & we may see 12* later. Lots of NW wind though. I'll be hangin around here again today. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1 & stay warm.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....good luck with da truck JB....its the main reason i dont go to the cabin when its 20 below............been down that road. but.........did you catch fish!!!!!!!!!

-8 when i looked........a watch football kinda day!!!!!!!!! enjoying what will be out last pot of Tanzanian coffee this morning.  :doah: :embarrassed: :surrender: :surrender: place an order with the coffee quru and he said he cant get any and his suppliers have no idea when they will. and here i thought snows pal.......sleepy joe, had this supply and demand thing all straightened out!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

anywho, he was nice enough to send us 3 samples of different coffee's to check out. a columbian, an eteopian and a palermo. we decided the palermo was the closest to the Tanzanian!!!!!!!!

kinda waiting now when the Teals store will want me to grace them with my presence!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/09/22, 08:47:04 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Is this snow's buddy?  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yeppers!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :evil: