Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902435 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck JB.  I forgot you had that track truck.  Cool!  Is that what you always use to get to your house or do you have a snowmobile too?  Would love to see pics of it.
Yes I have a snowmobile too. Usually we take that back and forth to the fish house. But I had the track truck out to drag the trail and I moved the smaller fish house out of the donut hole. So since it was already out and it is a much warmer ride we just took that out. Fishing was kinda slow yesterday, but we kept 2 nice Walters and 1 Sauger. No keepers so far this morning.
My ice fishing rigs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so can you out skis on the wheels when the snow gets deeper???  nice lookin set up JB!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nice rig JB!!!!!!! :happy1: that thing could haul alot of beer!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

so do you guys find a spot and hunker down in the same spot all winter, or will you move around some????? what about you LPS????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
JB gets all the nice ice fishing toys... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-10 right here in International Falls. Bright sun with clear skies. Wind seems to be blowing. Might be my imagination but the sun seems warmer coming through the window these days. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. 6 months from now the ice will be gone, the lawn will need mowing and the mosquito's will be driving us nuts.    :smiley:

As mentioned this should be Zims last game. Seeing the Bears run wild over the Vikings would be a fitting end. However the Bears seem to be in worse shape then the Vikings. Who da thunk it?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB gets all the nice ice fishing toys... :pouty:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea but you got all the nice farm toys and weather!!!!!!!! :doah: :mooning: :rotflmao: and Roony fer a neighbor!!!!!!! :nerd:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Cool stuff there JB. Hope it all get going today. Sucks to be out in the middle of the lake and machines do run.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool JB.  There was one like that for sale here in town a few years back and I salivated over it many times.  I keep my house in the same area Glenn but I do move in shallow or out deep but keep it close to the house so it is easier to get it off in the spring.  JB my neighbor has a Bearcat and I keep telling him to get a new one so I can buy his.  I think it is about 10 years old.  My 98 Skidoo runs good and is all I really need but a guy needs to constantly upgrade ya know.   :happy1:  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool JB.  There was one like that for sale here in town a few years back and I salivated over it many times.  I keep my house in the same area Glenn but I do move in shallow or out deep but keep it close to the house so it is easier to get it off in the spring.  JB my neighbor has a Bearcat and I keep telling him to get a new one so I can buy his.  I think it is about 10 years old.  My 98 Skidoo runs good and is all I really need but a guy needs to constantly upgrade ya know.   :happy1:  :sleazy:
yeah can see the fear in your wife's eyes from here!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  You are so right Glenn.  I tell her it increases the amount of stuff she can sell to have more money when I die. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, everything is back in the garage where it belongs. I had to switch the battery out to get it to start. Trying to jump it wouldn't work. Glenn, I do move around some. Basically move deeper or shallower depending on the time of year. Usually straight out in front of the house. I do have skis for it to. Just haven't put them on yet. A set that I made.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great news JB! More great news: It's Jimmy Page's 78th birthday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZnHavrD4vQ
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear JB!!!   

and darn good music again Dotch!!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another frostbite monday....good grief you folks up nord are in the deep freeze...hopefully tomorrow thing's will change temp wise for us all.

be safe and stay warm fellers.
« Last Edit: January 01/10/22, 07:49:36 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -22 here this AM heading for a high of -8 today. Needless to say after work today I will be stopping at Napa here in town and do some battery shopping for the Track Truck. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -17 here and might get to -2 but tomorrow will be better again..  upper 20's for sure they say..  got a few things going on today but only easy stuff!!  I like that!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Brrr.  -24 this morning in International Falls. 

:surrender: enough already.  :surrender:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is exactly -24.0 here too.  I agree enough of this.. A 20 something above would feel great!  They are coming...   I don't have a lot going on today and that is ok.  I will ship the last of the football pool prizes.  Other than that I think I will take it easy.  You all stay safe and warm.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 0* here & shootin for 6* later. That NW wind still hangin around until tonight though. The rest of the week is 'sposed to be 30-35* though & we may even push 40 the next couple. Got the cold kicked yday so I'll venture out some more today. Nothin major, just some errands. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..yep its cold again.......look on the bright side........no skeeters!!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :happy1: pretty quiet from this end of town!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -5 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-single digits above 0. Quiet Monday so far. Suspect everyone's still in "too cold to get excited about doing much" mode today like they were most of the weekend. Fine with me. Plenty of paperwork to do while the milkhouse heater warms my feet.  :campfire:   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents....finally above zero out the door...hopefully the start of january thaw.

Enjoy it whilst we can.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1 above this AM heading for a high of 19. Think I need to break out the shorts and crocs. Stopped at Napa last night and they had a semi battery that pretty much matched what I had for the track truck. So a $143 later I have a new battery. That was way cheaper than I thought it would be. I was expecting a $200 bill. I like it when it goes that way. :happy1: Not usually how it works for me. I put the charger on it last night, so it will have a full charge when I put it in tonight. Need to stop and pick up a couple mouse traps after work tonight. We have a shrew that has been hanging out in the wood shed that needs to be evacuated.
Otherwise just another  :bs: day in the salt mines. They went back to all needing to wear mask here at work again no matter of shot status.  :crazy: Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
J.B.Quote:

They went back to all needing to wear mask here at work again no matter of shot status. 

My office as well,last week at my office our entire staff doned masks.

email yesterday from a co-worker tested positive covid "again"...

triple vaxed/booster'd,had covid last fall now has it again :thumbs: So why put this unknown effects vaccine into our bodies? proven it doesn't work just like wearing masks doesn't protect us.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
triple vaxed/booster'd,had covid last fall now has it again :thumbs: So why put this unknown effects vaccine into our bodies? proven it doesn't work just like wearing masks doesn't protect us.

Pfizer CEO says omicron vaccine will be ready in March  :scratch: :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  +4 here right now but windy.  Have to go get some groceries today and pay some bills so the dogs and I get to go for a truck ride in the ol Ford.   :happy1:  We all like that.  Other than that just try to stay out of trouble. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 4 above here also..  shooting for 30!!  should be a nice day to do any outside projects I'm thinking..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....8 above this morning. Supposed to be around 35 this afternoon.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
snow1,
Maybe think of the vax in the same context as wearing a seatbelt. Wearing one doesn't prevent you from having an accident nor does it prevent someone from crashing into you however, it certainly can have a big impact on the result of the accident.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***