Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901401 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'd love to hear what they are saying about you!
probably what a nice charming feller the Glenn guy is!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1:

:rotflmao: naw LPS, my baby sitting career is over  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: kinda sounds like Dotch and Roony are gonna get a lit bit of snow tomorrow.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Even stocking shelves you might have to deal with some customers. Around here that 10-11:30 time period can be pretty busy especially with a forecast like we have today. :confused: Pretty sure you can still probably work on being nice to people some more though.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The really bad stuff is 'sposed to be just west of us but I'm hearin anywhere from 3-5 yday to 5-7 tonight. Schools around the area started canceling classes & sporting events as early as 5 tonight.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I might be on the lite side too, depending on what forecast you look at so I'm guessing we will get more!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't believe how many schools are closing already. I remember the good ole days sitting at the kitchen tas ble in the morning listening to WCCO for the latest school closings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't believe how many schools are closing already. I remember the good ole days sitting at the kitchen tas ble in the morning listening to WCCO for the latest school closings.
:happy1: yep me too!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was in high school I had a part time job at a feed mill, about a block away from home
 I hoped for snow days, I'd go to work and make a whole 8 bucks. Thought I was living the dream. :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good morning....13 above up here this morning. Light snow falling. Supposed to snow until about noon. hopefully we won't get as much as they are saying.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -7 here this AM and heading for -3 for a high today. Well, the boys made it up last night. They will be heading out this AM to go fishing. The buddy spent the night out in his fish house, so he is probably fishing already. Going to be a long day for me being at work. I had to burn some PTO when I had the Rona so I am trying to build the bank back up or I would be out there with them. Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good un!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 14 here and not going up much from there..  not sure how much snow we will get..  they have different amounts depending on what you read or hear..  so maybe up to 5 inches here..  that's ok I guess I'm as ready as can be for it..  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -6 here now.  Windy too.  Not sure what I will do today.  Just keep the fire burning and feed the horses I spose.  No snow here and looks like it will miss us but we will know for sure later on.  I need to think of something to cook this weekend.  Mayhaps a pork roast I have in the freezer.  We shall see.  Youse all have a good on.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 30* & that looks to be the high for the day. We've been getting some light snow for awhile too as the sidewalk by the garage was covered already by 7. TWC is now sayin 5-8" for us & that it could be midnight before it's done. Guess we'll find out. :scratch: Bout it here, have a good day.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Welcome back to the workforce Glenn! Lets see....6 hours a day twice a week is.....12 hours! At say $10 hour thats $120 bucks a week. Deduct $70 for taxes, $30 for union dues, and $10 for the donuts & coffee you drink. Yep, that leaves you enough for 3 cases of your beer a week! Win, win for everybody.

Balmy -8 this morning in International Falls.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back to the workforce Glenn! Lets see....6 hours a day twice a week is.....12 hours! At say $10 hour thats $120 bucks a week. Deduct $70 for taxes, $30 for union dues, and $10 for the donuts & coffee you drink. Yep, that leaves you enough for 3 cases of your beer a week! Win, win for everybody.

Balmy -8 this morning in International Falls.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: at least i wont owe them on payday!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: thats a a plus!!!!!!! no donuts though!!!!!! :tut:

morning fellers.........snowing here, think it said 14 when i looked. no plans so let'er buck. i gave up trying to figure out how much there saying here..will find out when it quits!!!!! maybe i'll actually get to cleaning my guns........or maybe not.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 08:00:33 AM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime with temps gradually falling throughout the day. Snowing presently. Had about an inch at the ranch as of 7:30 & about 1.5" in Bugtussle as of 9 a.m. Melted out to .14" of liquid equivalent precip in town. Still melting the snow at the ranch. Looks like more snow potential to the west so  far. Got the blower hooked up last nite so can deal with whatever it decides to do. People are kinda hunkered down other than going to the grocery store to get stuff to make French toast. 
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 10:18:13 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden, grandson, and I just got home from visiting my mother at the Bugtussle Care Center. The highway was mostly good. The east west country roads have a bit of snow settling on them. My driveway has some drifts. I wish it would quit so I can get things cleaned up. I got to be at work earlier than normal tomorrow, people out with Covid.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
welp it looks like the snow is almost done here I'd say..  I'd say 3 or 4 inches worth..  just cleaned the most of the sidewalks..  rest will be cleaned with the snow blower...  in about an hour.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden, grandson, and I just got home from visiting my mother at the Bugtussle Care Center. The highway was mostly good. The east west country roads have a bit of snow settling on them. My driveway has some drifts. I wish it would quit so I can get things cleaned up. I got to be at work earlier than normal tomorrow, people out with Covid.
gonna make the big bucks huh!! :happy1: :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
welp it looks like the snow is almost done here I'd say..  I'd say 3 or 4 inches worth..  just cleaned the most of the sidewalks..  rest will be cleaned with the snow blower...  in about an hour..
yep, looks done here to. I'll wait a bit. This town don't plow until it's done snowing. :doah: I'll wait till then for the driveway. Ain't going nowhere anyway.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yep, looks done here to. I'll wait a bit. This town don't plow until it's done snowing. :doah: I'll wait till then for the driveway. Ain't going nowhere anyway.

about the same here..  but if I do some extra at the end of my drive way then it's not so much more to clean up or as heavey... 
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 01:44:19 PM by mike89 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Looks like we might be in it for several hours yet roony. Went home to check for little urchins. As you said, E-W roads were getting crummy. Scalloped drifts especially by the lake. I let the dog out and plugged the tractor in. With the E wind, it dumps up on the flat right in front of the garage. Upon finding no newbies, I proceeded to stuff my face. Debated on staying put afterwards & taking a nap. (WWGD? = What would glen do?  :rotflmao: ) but the snow let up some. Went back to town. Ran into heavier snow and poorer visibility en route. It snowed an inch or more in town during the time I was home. Think I'll grab a few things at the grocery store, put some fuel on and head back to the ranch.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
gonna make the big bucks huh!! :happy1: :rolleyes:

Oh no. I leave that to you. I'm doing my part to keep inflation at bay.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Done here. 2-3inches. Just blew it off the driveway.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken, have you tried that pepper sauce???

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't gotten it yet. Haven't checked the mail yet today.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That is crazy, I'm wondering if I kept the tracking number.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That is crazy, I'm wondering if I kept the tracking number. I think I mailed it on Thursday last week 91s

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The edge of the sidewalk has disappeared & it's still coming down pretty good. I'd guess at least 3-4" & the hourly still says it's not stopping 'til ~ midnight with an additional 2-4" by then. Very little traffic on the highway a block north of us all day. They're warning of 30 mph E to NE winds too. I haven't left the house all day & have no plans to do so.