Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901698 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That is crazy, I'm wondering if I kept the tracking number.
doesn't surprise me. Dutchboy has been kind enough to share some books with me. I mailed him some back and he said it showed up the next day. He proceeded to send me new/ different ones back and took 10 days or better.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Radar shows the snow is outta here. Gonna go do some cleanup, but gonna wait on the driveway till after snow plow comes through.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got mine done till the plow goes by..  should only have a small amount then I hope..  even got stuck on a side hill sideways...  good thing Jim was home, popped right out..   :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  15 ° and I had around 3"on the patio a little bit ago.  The ride home was pretty iffy earlier tho,  didn't see anyone facing the wrong direction on the freeway which kinda surprised me, told the wif it would be a great evening for a cruise to the cabin!! Lol. Anywho getting lots of pop up photos from 4 years ago when the whipper snapper and I braved a winter storm while we headed to Little Falls and back to get her Golden retriever pup, how fitting it would snow today.. He's still a poop to this day!! Stay warm fellas,  sounds like it's gonna drop overnight.. see ya!!
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 04:30:58 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i most certainly dont miss driving all them miles every day in this stuff!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

got the shoveling part done, snowplow went by gonna wait a bit later to use the blower in hopes the wind dies down!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 04:36:13 PM by glenn57 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good memories Bobber!!!  plow went by and by golly it wasn't to bad to finish off...  just remember below 0 tonight Glenn!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good memories Bobber!!!  plow went by and by golly it wasn't to bad to finish off...  just remember below 0 tonight Glenn!!   :happy1: :happy1:
yea yea..i aint afraid of a little cold.......now -20. i'll have that done before the temps bottom out. by then shadow will have sat on my lap 4 times already!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good thing you have a real short drive way!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeppers......  :sleazy: :sleazy: i told the neighbor lady, yea she's divorced and single,  :sleazy: :smoking: to let the bank go the plow left, i'd take care of it with the snowblower. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my driveway done with the trusty JD and loader. Some places nothing other places 18". Dang my fingers got cold, took longer than I thought so I just put on the chore gloves I had in my pocket. Fingers were so cold l couldn't undo the snap on my bomber hat. That wind is wicked down here
 The January Thaw is officially over.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kind of JD do you have Roony.  Got any pics of it? 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Someone was stuck in the driveway in front of the garage when I got home... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a 1968 2510 row crop tractor. Makes a nice yard tractor. Someplace there is a picture of me on it when it's new, probably at mom's place. I'll take a picture someday.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone was stuck in the driveway in front of the garage when I got home... :whistling:

Perfect time for a strike

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
No snow up here, bright sunny sky this afternoon. It topped out at +1 this afternoon. Heading it's way to -17 tonight.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Always brings back memories of living in my Little House on the Prairie NW of Rock Lake in ND db. It was almost always 20 degrees colder than where my folks lived, especially in the winter. I really have grown to appreciate that area around I Falls too. So far been lucky to meet super nice people but takes some tough sonsabitches to live around there.

Got the car unstuck. Wimmens got the mentality of 15 year old boys doing fieldwork when it comes to driving sometimes. See someplace you might get stuck ahead? Don't stop and get out to look first. No style points for that. Just floor it!  :rolleyes: I didn't say a word. Didn't have to. Kept my mouth shut and grabbed a shovel.  :coffee:

Some of the usual drifts to contend with here when the wind is out of the east. Places a couple feet deep now, prolly add a foot onto that in spots by morning. Odd thing is, wind isn't supposed to switch directions overnite. Be colder in the a.m. Snow should go thru the blower nice and I've got a clear shot at most of it, Ruby terds included.  :happy1:

Good ta see ya again boober! I was a feared the Mrs. had rubbed you down with bacon grease and licked you to death!  :shocked:   
« Last Edit: January 01/14/22, 06:08:58 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to work without any problem. Drove normal speeds once on hwy 14.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good morning.....-8 here this morning. Not as much snow as forecast. Still should be able to drive out on the ice around here.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -8 here and going up to 9 maybe..  a good morning to do some indoor things..  not sure what I have going on later but it doesn't matter anyway..  cause I'll get it done anyway!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....-6 when i looked. i have fish for pickling thawing out in the sink..........while in the bathroom that damn dawg got at it!!!!! :confused: :mooning:

well he didnt choke on the Y-bones. so he's in a time out. :doah: :confused: so, last night i stayed up t oread for a while, the sheltie cleaned up all her food so i figured i'd try something. shadow has been in a kennel at night since we got him. dont quiet trust him yet. well since the sheltie had he food gone, before i went to bed i let shadow out of his kennel for the night.

i didnt sleep all that well waiting to hear a disaster happening.  :scratch: :doah: got up and checked on him twice, once he was laying by the steps the other time he was in his kennel, then when i got up for good he was sitting in my chair..........AND no disaster!!! :rotflmao:

its a start!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dogs are just like kids. They can be a handful when little but so good when trained.

-18 this morning in International Falls. To cold for me, I'm staying put and watching fishing shows and maybe a bit of football.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey that's great Glenn.  We have let Cooper be out of his kennel at night since he could climb in bed with us.  Long time ago.  But we do put him in his kennel when we go somewhere and he can't come along.  We are getting to the point of trying it though.  He is usually in bed with us at night.  Man I had bad dreams last night and glad I am up now.  It tired me out.  lol  It is sunny and -14 here now.  Must have been a fox around cuz Buddy barked once during the night.  Like the wife said we may have a hard time keeping Cooper away from where the fox den every spring.  He and Buddy were over checking it out the other day.  The fox must be paying visits to that den recently.  Sure fun watching them in the spring.  Can't wait for spring by the way.  I looked up your tractor on Tractor House Roony.  Nice unit!  Mine is a 1951 Allis WD with a loader on it.  I don't use it in the winter anymore.  I used to though.  It did the job.  I sure appreciate having a plow truck with a heater now.  Youse all have a good day. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dogs are just like kids. They can be a handful when little but so good when trained.

-18 this morning in International Falls. To cold for me, I'm staying put and watching fishing shows and maybe a bit of football.
i hear ya. but as often as he gets kicked in the azz for that kind of stuff.......he's just not getting the picture!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

he has been going into his kennel more lately when the door is open and lays in there during the day. kinda neat to see. he did lay in bed with me for a bit, but didnt last long!!!! over all he's getting there!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pooches around here know the counter is not for paws.  :happy1: Mornin peoples 1 ° at the moment,  looks like maybe 4" of snow to clean up and move, after that probably head to menardos for some bird food and stuff. Other than it'll be a tinker around kinda day...See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 5* here & we'll top out ~ 12*. Just finished movin our snow a bit ago & as I was comimg back in the front door the plow was turnin around in the cul de sac up the block. :happy1: :cool: Haven't heard 'em in the alley yet but 1 neighbor broke a trail through that as we're finishing up back there. No official snow totals yet, that I've seen, but I'm goin to say we have 7-8". Good thing it wasn't the wet heavy stuff. No more now, hopin you enjoy your Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pooches around here know the counter is not for paws.  :happy1: Mornin peoples 1 ° at the moment,  looks like maybe 4" of snow to clean up and move, after that probably head to menardos for some bird food and stuff. Other than it'll be a tinker around kinda day...See ya!!
i'm trying to teach the big blockhead the same thing.  :doah: :confused:

i just dont think he can resist my world famous cooking!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: That OR he already realizes you don't need that much to eat!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: That OR he already realizes you don't need that much to eat!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

well he seems to think he gotta eat everything in site! :confused: :doah: even no edible stuff!!!!  :pouty: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 So he likes your socks just a much as your WF menu? :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm trying to teach the big blockhead the same thing.  :doah: :confused:

i just dont think he can resist my world famous cooking!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :banghead: :banghead:
Ours still have some bad habits,  but most are my fault especially begging,  the dogs can be outside and know when the cheese drawer gets opened..  :bonk: