Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902783 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Perhaps boar will have a change of heart... :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The market for used boxes for recycling is pretty strong. About $180.00 per ton in truckload quantities (40,000#}of bales.
well this place has one of them big rolloffs with a compacter to it. so i imagine they get that much. i know there is usually a line at that cardboard chute!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Perhaps boar will have a change of heart... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

think i could most certainly save him some!!!!!!!! :evil: :smoking: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
well this place has one of them big rolloffs with a compacter to it. so i imagine they get that much. i know there is usually a line at that cardboard chute!!!!!!
Rolloffs are loose, so the weights are less even though it’s compacted. . The higher price would be for loads going directly to a mill. The compactor is most likely hauled by the trash hauler to a recycling facility where it will be baled. Thus, additional handling and freight costs, as well as the hauler’s profit, that need to covered out of the final price.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning!! 4.clock rise an shine. Waitin to see if my fish score!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and might get to 34..  but, the wind is picking up today and the freeze is moving in too..  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here and snowing pretty good, heading for a high of 24 today. I would guess we have around 3" of snow so far this AM. Supposed to snow until around noon I guess. So I figure I will be moving some snow when I get home. Winds are supposed to start kicking out of the northwest this afternoon. That should make for a fun drive home. Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 25*here & we're headed for the upper 30's. Rest of the week looks pretty chilly here too. We need to hook up a sensor for the new thermostat today & I'm not sure what that takes. Bout it though, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
26 here with a moderate south wind. Its suppose to hit 38 before the NW wind brings us another cold snap tonight. Have a good one all.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
16 degrees here in International Falls this morning. Wind from the East around 10 mph. Looks like we got a couple of inches overnight with a couple more on it's way. We will see. Predicted high of 24 mid afternoon. High of 5 tomorrow.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
28 here this morning. That will be the high for today. 30 mph winds gusting to 55 mph this afternoon. Blizzard conditions expected in open country. Blowing around the snow we got a couple days ago. Not going to be nice.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ditto to what JB said.  19 here.  Still snowing maybe 3 or 4 on the ground.  Drifting so hard to say.  I will wait awhile before I plow.  Not much else going on other than that.  You all don't overdo the shoveling. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's with winds gusting as high as 30 mph. The high for tomorrow will likely be right after midnite and it'll struggle to get to above zero Wed. & Thurs. Then a reprieve after that Fri. - Mon. with highs back in the teens. Cold temps not unexpected. The daily average temp here from Jan. 16th - 23rd is 12.7 degrees, typically our coldest days of the winter. No newbies in the lambing barn or outside this a.m. A couple ewes getting closer. Hope they stay that way until it warms up Friday. Finners crossed. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got the most important duty already done.....the football playoffs!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

may do some more tinkering outside  :scratch: momma got home last night, apparently the kid tested negative and went back to school.......didnt have the bed to myself!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: damn. Got a call little while ago, the grocery store wants me there at 4 am Thursday to help unload a truck. Uffda!!! :rotflmao: think I need a nap already. :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there goes that 7am start time!!!   and the truck will be hours late too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: damn. Got a call little while ago, the grocery store wants me there at 4 am Thursday to help unload a truck. Uffda!!! :rotflmao: think I need a nap already. :rotflmao:

Gunner called it!   :happy1:

7 AM!!!  Ouch!.  I would think something like 10-2, Tue-Thur.  lol  Or at least that sounds like the hours I would want. I say he lasts 1 month. Even less if he tries to start a Union for part timers.  lol
:scratch: He might have to get up at 4 :doah: to get ready or he won't have time for his daily pot of coffee.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there goes that 7am start time!!!   and the truck will be hours late too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
as long as I'm getting paid, don't care. :rotflmao:

And gunner didn't call anything, this is something I agreed to beyond what we agreed my hours are going to be, 7 am till 12 noon   :mooning: a one time thing for now anyway.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/22, 02:14:35 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:mooning: a one time thing for now anyway.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Famous last words.   ;)

Naw, Glenn, the time will come soon enough when I give up the day job and look for a something to keep me busy and pay for my minnows.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Damn it got windy this afternoon. Temps are dropping to. :confused: friggin hard to grill a few chicken burglers. :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and the roads out in the open sure got ice covered too!!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: :rotflmao:

Damn it got windy this afternoon. Temps are dropping to. :confused: friggin hard to grill a few chicken burglers. :confused:

If you'd sear them 1st you wouldn't have these problems!  :bonk:  :rotflmao:

Was still 38 at 4:30. Just got in from chores. Down to 32 now.
« Last Edit: January 01/18/22, 06:20:30 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was around 35 here today down to 12 now..  going for below 0!!   oh well!! 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Drove over by Lomen this afternoon and pulled 2 mini vans out of the ditch, actually it was off the side of their driveway. One on each side.   :rotflmao:

14 degrees back here in the falls right now. Put a mineral block out by the birdfeeders. Maybe the Deer will find it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Drove over by Lomen this afternoon and pulled 2 mini vans out of the ditch, actually it was off the side of their driveway. One on each side.   :rotflmao:

14 degrees back here in the falls right now. Put a mineral block out by the birdfeeders. Maybe the Deer will find it.
how much ya soak for dutchy!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dotch.......... :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dutchy charged them zero Glenn. I have a thing where I promise myself to do a good deed every 10 years, so I'm paid until Jan 2032.   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy charged them zero Glenn. I have a thing where I promise myself to do a good deed every 10 years, so I'm paid until Jan 2032.   ;)
:happy1: :happy1: Yea I've pulled a few people out to and didn't take any money. I told each of them hopefully if I ever get in a predicament like that someone returns the favor!!! Ya done good!!  :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I did tell the women I wasn't hooking the chain to the Van. Wasn't going to be responsible for that plastic blowing up.   :rotflmao:  Fortunately her husband was there to hook the chain on.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same when I help someone, don't want any thing, but they can pay it forward if they want..  just pulled out out a fella a week or so ago..  well -7 here and might make it to -1..   thinking about going to St. Cloud this morning for my re-suppy run vs Alex..  not sure yet as I would like to hear how the roads are..  have a good day all!!   and stay warm!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -5 here this AM and the wind is still blowing. Temp is actually supposed to keep going down throughout the day. Cleared snow last night and it did not drift back in to much, so that is good. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!