Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904205 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We get the Costco  chicken about every other month. It goes for chicken and dumplings and chicken noodle soup right away.
I read an article about Costco cornering a huge long term supply, because they use them as a loss leader to get people in the store.

if I remember right they have their own barns and further process them them self's too.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I should grab one next time. We're usually stocking up on beef n pork in that store.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I should grab one next time. We're usually stocking up on beef n pork in that store.

you will like it!!!   like I said a very good sized bird!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

you will like it!!!   like I said a very good sized bird!!
yep and tasty. not sure why Sue didnt get one yesterday???????  :doah: dogs usually get the skin though.......  :pouty: skin not good for glenn's cholesteral level!!!! :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Made it from chilly to warm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 0 here to start the day. Heading for around 20 I think today. Getting ready to go south this morning. Time to go start packing. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
12 below to start the day here. It's suppose to get up to 15 but the wind will gust up to 40 so that won't feel so balmy. We've gained quite a bit of daylight so that's pretty great. Finally getting a chance to celebrate Christmas with my middle son today. The warden is cooking up a storm. Gonna try that taco soup among other goodies. Might even shake some cobwebs out of the snooker table later!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a safe trip JB.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes safe travels JB!!  -3 and hope to get to close 20 today with a chance of snow later..  I'm ok with that except for the wind they are talking about..  got a few things to do today so I'll be busy enough!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

roony have a good time with family!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 07:26:14 AM by mike89 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we're in the freezer here with -15*(-31WC) to start our day & I'm seein 9* for the high. Winds 10-20 & about 1" of snow startin ~ 8 tonight in the forecast too. Got a little runnin to do later but that's about it. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 08:17:44 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 4 above here right now.  We can handle that.  Think I may take a run to the landfill today.  The ol Ford is getting pretty full of junk.  Other than that just try to stay out of trouble.  Have a good drive JB and Roony you have a nice Christmas. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
mornin....5 above here this morning. But really windy from the south. Switching to the NW this afternoon with 1-3 inches of the white stuff. Another inch or 2 tomorrow and another 2-3 on Sundy.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. was -10 last nite when i hit the bed, was 3 oin the plus side....kinda surprised. not a whole lot planned for today!!!!!!

i'll figure something out............

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
+9 at 10 am this morning in International Falls. Gale force wind gusts from the South has the birdhouses rocking.  They are talking snow later this afternoon, I don't know if the wind is suppose keep blowing, if so it will be a mess.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -11 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Strong S breeze this a.m. so it drove the cold into your chore clothes when out in it. Wind chill at -30 so it felt colder this a.m. than it did yesterday at -18. No newbies so there is that. Getting mentally prepared to get a trailer full of straw. Dealing with the Amish tomorrow so that might prove interesting... :whistling: 

Safe travels JB. Hope yer car issues are minor mikey. Loose muffler belt perhaps... :scratch: 
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 11:18:59 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made it to LP and found all the things I wanted!!  that's great cause that doesn't happen all that often..  THEN I get into the truck to head home...  lights flashing and check engine light comes on..  saying low power and some other crap..  repair shop across the street thankfully I have used..   15 minutes later in a loner car and heading home..  it will be interesting what went out and it won't cheap I'm sure...   find out later...   but not many places give ya a loner any more...   :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -11 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-teens. Strong S breeze this a.m. so it drove the cold into your chore clothes when out in it. Wind chill at -30 so it felt colder this a.m. than it did yesterday at -18. No newbies so there is that. Getting mentally prepared to get a trailer full of straw. Dealing with the Amish tomorrow so that might prove interesting... :whistling:   
I got a friend that says there is nothing colder than being on the north end of a south wind.

Good Luck with the truck Mike.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Them check engine lights suck. Almost better to not know sometimes.

Started snowing here a bit after 1, wind is still blowing. Birds are attacking the feeders with gusto!
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, when those lights start flashing and blinking and the engine cycles down into low power mode, it ain't good.

I had a van that switched into low power, but the warning lights never came on.  Turned out to be a cracked oil line.  All I can figure is I didn't loose enough oil for the sensor to trip - or maybe the sensor was broke.  When I pulled up in front of the house, you could see oil running out.  I filled her up with a couple-a quarts and drove 'er straight to the shop.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got a friend that says there is nothing colder than being on the north end of a south wind.

Good Luck with the truck Mike.

Your friend is a sage weather observer roony. Cheese and rice that wind was raw out in the brood ewe lot a little bit ago! 🥶

When we came out of Canada a few years back, my buddy's '04 Escalade powered down to about 15 mph and stayed there. All kinds of lights came on but no flashing "Danger Will Robinson" lights. We didn't know what to do other than to keep going. We were hours from nowhere at that pace. Got to where I could get internet, one website mentioned shutting the engine off and the computer would reset. Decided not to tempt fate. Figured we'd find a GM dealership once we got to I Falls. We made it to the duty free shop in Ft. Francis and he accidentally shut it off. Started it up when we came out & it worked fine all the way to Bemidji. Actually worked fine for a few weeks he said. Then it acted up a couple more times. Was a throttle body control module I believe. Nothing about $1400 wouldn't cure.  :rolleyes:   
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 02:35:52 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thats just it!!  it be nothing much or a bank loan!!   :happy1: :happy1:  haven't heard anything yet... 

at least mine is a Chevy, and not a Caddy!!  that would an additional $1000.oo for the name!!   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/22, 03:10:37 PM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheese and rice!!!  Now that is clever. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my truck back and the total was just under $161.00..  seems like the ignition switch was bad...  who knows, but at least it's home..  way less than a Caddy repair!!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sis & BIL had a couple Caddys & they found out the hard way the a lot OEM GM parts worked just fine at ~ 1/3- 1/2 the price. :crazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning Guys.....-6 here this morning. going for a high of a searing +2.
At least there isn't any wind. Bring on the football. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........yep above the 0 mark........... :happybounce: :happybounce: ;D :Clap:

yea know your getting old when you head down to the pub for a few beers and a burger and your back home in a little over 2 hours!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but the bill was less then 40 bucks!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: meat raffle was less then impressive. :doah: only 1 person doing it and took forever. we didt get a chance to get numbers, as it happens alot, where they stopped they restart. we left as they started round 2. they get there meat packages from teals as the store manager brought the meat while we where there.

think i'll see if the horseshoe chain is still there later today...........been a while...... mayhaps stop at Corky's in richmond for a few......and meat raffle there!!!!!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 0 here and might get to 4..  didn't get real warm yesterday as they said anyway...  along with the snow yesterday we even got some freezing drizzle too..  roads loved that!!!  got a few things to do today and then who knows!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 17* here & 19* is 'sposed to be the high. We got a dusting of snow overnight & they're sayin we could get another 2-4" tonight. Some more errands to run but that's it, have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 17* here & 19* is 'sposed to be the high. We got a dusting of snow overnight & they're sayin we could get another 2-4" tonight. Some more errands to run but that's it, have a good one.
long way for iowa to Inger aint it!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :scratch: :evil: :rolleyes: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :mooning: :tut: I need to be at the courthouse Monday morning for Jury Duty.  :pouty: