Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901221 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-26 a hour ago here in International Falls. All the way up to -18 now. Crystal clear morning again here, snow is sparkling and pretty. Birds are hammering the feeder again today.

Not much going on here today, keep thinking it's almost time for a road trip, go South for a couple of days. Maybe drive thru the mountains of the Carolina's. I think it should be fairly warm there. I dunno, still thinking.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thanks Gunner, but after these last few weeks up here that storm would be childs play. I admit it would be fun you watch them drive in it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So dutchy, when you go on these drive abouts, you shack up in a sleazy hotel??? :scratch:

Mikey and Dotch wanna know!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If they don't have beer vending machines in the lobby I keep going.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If they don't have beer vending machines in the lobby I keep going.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -11 here and I expected to see colder than that..  hope to see 25 today..  going into Alex this morning to resupply, Hey Markn, Eldones has boneless pork loins for $1.49 I hear..  have make me some boneless chops I think!!  couple other stops and home ward bound..  then get my burned out head light fixed today too..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -10 when I got out of bed at 4:30 and it was -6 when I left the house. Heading for a high of 27 today. I went out and moved the big fish house yesterday afternoon. The drift was 3' high all the way around it. Took me a long time to shovel out in front of it so I could get hooked up to the hitch. Then I just spun out. Went to the other fish house and grabbed the tow strap so I could give it a yank. Worked perfect. From now on no more shoveling. Just crank it up and yank it out to get to a smooth spot then hook up to the hitch. The wind is yowling out of the south today, so it should be starting a drift around the fish house in it's new spot.  :angry2: Oh well, just the way it is on the big pond I guess. Back in the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin.....-2 here this morning. Really windy from the south again. High of 30 this afternoon.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, -20*/-39WC & we're hopin to see 16* later on. All the schools were 2 hours late yday & most are again today. A few have canceled all together & we're 1 of 'em. Got out for a bit yday early afternoon & it was not very nice. Nothin on the list so far, so have to see how it goes. Have a good 1.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning fellers, awaiting to go to the doc for.my surgery consultation...nerves nerves nerves. Never had surgery much less a broken bone. Now im gona have both so to speak.  Trippy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's up to -1 here now but really windy.  I need to get horse feed and widen the driveway out today.  May have to wait till the wind goes down some.  Good luck with your consultation Boar.  Trust the Dr.  They are good at what they do and will take care of you. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, when I had the surgery on my legs almost 2 years ago that was the first time I ever had to go and stay at a hospital..  yup weird feeling..   but you will feel so much better!!!   :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I know, i really cant wait, im still prime meat! And ive lost it a few times cause im so mentally tired and physicaly tired. I hurt all the time, some time excruciating, body tries and heal the pain, cant its never ending, sontired from body trying to heal, all i want to do is sleep, i nap 2 to 3 time on the weekends, bit i cant hit rem sleep cause of all the discomfort, toss an turn all the time. So tired of it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, awaiting to go to the doc for.my surgery consultation...nerves nerves nerves. Never had surgery much less a broken bone. Now im gona have both so to speak.  Trippy
iknow what your going through bud!!!!!! when i went for my heart that time they said it would more then likely be fixed by the time i woke up. yea right the first thing i heard was bypass.......

that was a wed, then imagine laying in the hospital 2 more days thinking of them plopping my heart on a table to do what they do, cause they couldnt do it till friday!!!!! :doofus:

you'll be fine!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......its a chilly one out there this morning.

think this afternoon i'm gonna waste the day browsing st cloud....after it warms up!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

dont need alot of stuff.........but one never knows when a bargain hits ya!!!!!! :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I have to venture outside today. I'm out of beer. Other than that not a lot going on today. Got deer rifles cleaned, finally, yesterday. Still undecided if I'm going to head up to Park Rapids to watch snowmobile race this weekend or stay home and ride. Race course turns West across the road from us when they're headed out and goes right next our schoolhouse when headed back into town.
 Mike, I'll stop by Eldons too to check the pork lions out.Was there on Sunday and didn't see anything, but wasn't looking real hard either. Can always use another 20 chops for a buck apiece. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

Good luck boar, piece of cake.
mm

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-2 right now in International Falls. Pretty good South wind.
Need to hit the bank this morning and then heading south (gotta stick with the cold ya know) looking for a Gold Wing trike for my summer trips.

You boys stay safe.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I know, i really cant wait, im still prime meat! And ive lost it a few times cause im so mentally tired and physicaly tired. I hurt all the time, some time excruciating, body tries and heal the pain, cant its never ending, sontired from body trying to heal, all i want to do is sleep, i nap 2 to 3 time on the weekends, bit i cant hit rem sleep cause of all the discomfort, toss an turn all the time. So tired of it.

They can rebuild you.  They have the technology.   ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -16 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens, maybe. Just a tad above 0 right now. Was -18 at 10 p.m. when I checked the lambing barn, made -24 at Albert Lea around 5 a.m. & was -26 at Waseca about 3 a.m. Really didn't feel that cold during chores. No wind and I never stop moving so that's a lot of it. Wind is picking up pretty good now tho, 20 mph out of the south gusting to 26. Made 'er into the office after jump starting the Buick with the charger this a.m. After one day at home, I needed to escape. Watched the weekly webinar this a.m. The internet is beefier in town with no disruptions in signal, just bored farmers wandering in with nothing better to do. No place to hide anymore. :rolleyes: Should grab some groceries while I'm here. Good luck on your consult boar!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I got my plowing done.  I know why do it today when I could do it tomorrow but like JB said it does feel good to look out and see it all done.  Went to the store for bread and they had a 3 lb pkg of beef ribs they just put out.  I got em.   :sleazy:  Horses are all stocked up on rolled oats.  Used to feed regular oats but heard these are easier for them to digest.  My horses are getting up there so thought they may be better with these.  Dotch??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I got my plowing done.  I know why do it today when I could do it tomorrow but like JB said it does feel good to look out and see it all done.  Went to the store for bread and they had a 3 lb pkg of beef ribs they just put out.  I got em.   :sleazy:  Horses are all stocked up on rolled oats.  Used to feed regular oats but heard these are easier for them to digest.  My horses are getting up there so thought they may be better with these.  Dotch??
i know da bears like rolled oats........... :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I'm not much of a horse guy but after watching Dr. Pol enough times, appears that just like some sheep, some horses are gluttons and can gobble down oats too fast. Unlike sheep tho, since horses can't vomit, it sometimes leads to choking issues. The process for undoing that looks pretty gross. Would sure think rolled oats might be a plus in that department, not to mention easier to digest.
« Last Edit: January 01/26/22, 11:41:14 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -16 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens, maybe. Just a tad above 0 right now. Was -18 at 10 p.m. when I checked the lambing barn, made -24 at Albert Lea around 5 a.m. & was -26 at Waseca about 3 a.m. Really didn't feel that cold during chores. No wind and I never stop moving so that's a lot of it. Wind is picking up pretty good now tho, 20 mph out of the south gusting to 26. Made 'er into the office after jump starting the Buick with the charger this a.m. After one day at home, I needed to escape. Watched the weekly webinar this a.m. The internet is beefier in town with no disruptions in signal, just bored farmers wandering in with nothing better to do. No place to hide anymore. :rolleyes: Should grab some groceries while I'm here. Good luck on your consult boar!  :happy1:
You get all the warm weather. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Was 12 above when I got up at 4:30 and was 6 above when I left to go to work . Going the wrong direction. Looks like it is going to get to around 0 and hang there until this evening then go below 0. Wind was howling out of the south yesterday, now it is howling out of the north today. Good thing I moved the fish house out of the donut hole just to have a new one around it again. Oh well. Just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and that is the high, so down from there..  below 0 tonight again but above 0 after that for a while...  had the new head light put in the car yesterday and it worked fine ..  last night nope...  so issues there...  other than that I have a few things to do so I'll kepp some busy today..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! I woke up to 30 degrees this morning, quite a swing from yesterday. Since it was so nice I hopped on the tractor and moved some of the snow that blew in here on Windsday. Wind is starting to pick up out of the NW now so it will cool down again. Have a goodun.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin.....12 above here.....going down all day.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 29* now & we may reach 30*. Back to the deep freeze here tomorrow too. I agree JB, as I was out yday afternoon & that south wind had a bite. Another roll with it type day here, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said.  It was 11 above when the wife got up at 6.  Was 3 when I got up at 7.  Is 1 now.  Definitely going in the wrong direction.  Spring is 1 day closer.  Listening to Mensah interview on KFAN right now.  Good for him.  Not a lot on my schedule today.   :happy1:  Just gonna stay warm.