Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904228 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 now and going to be dropping all day until it gets to -13 tonight..  just seen the video of the sheriff who hit the gal in Rice county..  why was she laying in the road??   very sad indeed...   well have a good day all..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Breezy here but not the big winds yet.  Got some snow on the ground too.  Getting light out now so will know how much soon.  Last week I did get 2 cards for our 2 wheelers too.  I will have to get them taken care of.   Got hay to the horses yesterday so good for a couple weeks with that.  Hauled more firewood in before this storms hits too so in good shape.  Probably just lay low today and stay out of trouble.   :sleazy:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to pick up tabs for both of our vehicles today and then I think I'll attend a meeting at city hall concerning a special deer hunt inside of city limits this afternoon. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I'm going to do today to LPS!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 28* presently & the wind is about to go NW so that's our top for the day. Will be putting a few more things in the car today for when we head back to the lake later this week. No more now, have agood day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Breezy here but not the big winds yet.  Got some snow on the ground too.  Getting light out now so will know how much soon.  Last week I did get 2 cards for our 2 wheelers too.  I will have to get them taken care of.   Got hay to the horses yesterday so good for a couple weeks with that.  Hauled more firewood in before this storms hits too so in good shape.  Probably just lay low today and stay out of trouble.   :sleazy:
I loaded up the wood shed last night too before the weather got crappy today. I still need to get tabs for the pickup too. Expired in November. I just haven't wanted to part with the $500.00 yet. Which is such a rip off.  :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....10 degrees here this morning. Winds 25 MPH gusting to 50. Blizzard conditions out in the open. Almost all the schools are closed or on home distance learning. With this Covid, they all have distance learning now. So they don't lose a day of school. No after school activities though.

Saw that last night Minot had wind gusts of 75 mph.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
good morning to all ya guys and Gals. We do not have anyone fishing so i get a rare day off the lake, have a dr appointment. No customers tell thursday. works out real well. My help was getting burned out plus we have some repairs that need addressed. she white out condition out there today.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.....same here windy and temps dropping..........looks like a couple days of chasing momma around the house!!!! :evil: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime with temperatures falling throughout the day to -5 tonite. Was already down to 23 on my way into Bugtussle. Another set of twins overnite. Black ewe had two white ewe lambs. A little unusual. Typically we wind up with one black & one white, not to mention one of each sex. Got a bunch done yesterday. Got the tractor started, moved stuff back inside, went to the neighborhood mechanic to get some work scheduled on the 656 (rear main seal, new sediment bowl & shutoff, replace low pressure hydraulic hoses, give 'er a tune up & replace anything else that's glaringly wrong). I need to plop a couple round bales in the lot later in the week then he can have it for a while. When I got back from there, my electrician buddy arrived & switched the halogen lite out for an LED on the barn. When those halogen bulbs get weak they turn on and off all nite. Was driving me nuts. Sorta like glenn... :rotflmao:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -17 here this morning heading for a high of -5 today. Really supposed to get cold tonight they are clammering. Saying it cold be the coldest night of the year. We shall see. We have already seen -35 here. Didn't do much last night except make supper and hand wash a dishwasher full of dishes. The door latch broke and won't close. The new one won't be here until Monday. Oh well. We will have to do them the old fashioned way for a few days. Decided to wait and move snow tonight when there will be less wind. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -12 here and might get to -3 today..  and way colder tonight...  looks below 0 the next several nights too..  no snow yesterday just drifting from the winds..   going to Alex this morning and resupply for the week..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it's gonna be in the -30's tonight.   Can't wait till this is over.  Will just keep things going here today.  May hit the local sporting goods store too.    :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 3* here & may climb all the way to 7* before the day's over. I have a couple errands to run but that's about it. Kind of planning on traveling back north tomorrow but we're not certain on that yet. 'Bout it for now, hopin your Wednesday's a good day.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
-16 here this morning. High of -8 this afternoon. supposed to be -28  tomorrow morning. 20's all week next week.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy hump day,back to reality temp wise....,on the up side gonna be a mild weekend,temps forcasted 20's and up.

Good day to all.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -3 at choretime heading for a high around 5 above. Temp didn't feel too bad doing chores this morning. Last nite felt worse with the wind. Last set of twins is doing good so far. The Dec. & Jan. lambs are growing like weeds. Having an indoor area where they've got plenty of room for now, it's fun to watch them play for a few seconds between feeding hay and hauling buckets. Wifey has the day off today so I can stay in town for lunch. If yer in town roony we could grab a bite at The Willers! With the money I'm saving by combining all this stuff into one box for glenn, I could even buy!  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 3* here & may climb all the way to 7* before the day's over. I have a couple errands to run but that's about it. Kind of planning on traveling back north tomorrow but we're not certain on that yet. 'Bout it for now, hopin your Wednesday's a good day.
soooo.you do take my advice................. :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1: :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Dotch.........why do i feel a bit scared................ :tut: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers........WHY does it gotta get so bitter cold the days i gotta go down to the store........ :confused: :confused: bummer........not much planned here......kinda a gunner, mikey kinda day..........

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"kinda a gunner, mikey kinda day"

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Not if I can help it. :nerd: :rolleyes: :laugh:  We're still going as we'd rather deal with the weather than the extra Friday traffic. :pouty: :mooning:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/22, 11:24:12 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Not if I can help it. :nerd: :rolleyes: :laugh:  We're still going as we'd rather deal with the weather than the extra Friday traffic. :pouty: :mooning:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

but dude......you leave in the middle of  the night, its not tourist season?????  :scratch: :scratch: how much traffic can there be????

just admit it........your excited to get back to Inger and all them fine gal pals of yours!!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :mooning: :smoking: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

anyhow.......safe travels my friend!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -23 here this morning..  burr!!  below 0 all day today..  not sure what I have going on today but I do have a few things to do..  all indoors too!!   have a warm day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  :cold: -31 at home this AM and -40 on the way into work.  :cold: Supposed to get up to -4 for a high today. Clear snow from the yard last night. Looks good again. Bringing da wife's ride in for an oil change after work today. Otherwise not much else happening here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It just hit -35.3 here.  The horses will get extra grain today.  Poor creatures that have to survive this weather.  Will be a trot to the garage and barn this morning.  The dogs have a hard time pooping cuz one or more feet are so cold that they have a hard time balancing themselves.  I too got the yard all cleaned up yesterday.  Looks good.   :sleazy:  I'm not starting a vehicle today.  The wife doesn't have a plug in heater on her car so she can't plug in at work.  She just reminded me of that.  We will have one installed...   You all stay safe today and don't take any chances. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-37 here in the Falls this morning. House was popping all night. It's a real blessing there is no wind today, at least not now. Guy was here yesterday morning and cleaned up the driveway, I have a little on the deck to take care of but that can wait until July.   :smiley:

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking the same about the wind Dutch.  It is foggy in the pasture now.  I lied to youse guys.  I did start a vehicle today.  I took the wife to work today.  I will pick her up at noon so she doesn't have to start her car in this cold at noon hour. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Maybe look into one of those auto-start units for her car. Those things are the cats ass, I start my truck from the 3rd story of motels. They have pretty good range if you get a good one.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you Barry!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She has auto start but no head bolt heater.  I forgot all about that.  She can plug in at work so she will have one by next year.   :happy1: :happy1:  She has a plug in by her car.  They are cheaper than a pistol too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Her car is a 2011 and is a great car but her heated seats don't turn on with the auto start and she has leather seats.  Brrr.
« Last Edit: February 02/03/22, 08:26:36 AM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -13 at choretime heading for a high around 0. Another set of twins born at choretime last nite. I got a heat lamp set up quickly & they got with the program, no problem. The twins born the other day were struggling however. There was pretty good bleed thru heat coming from the heat lamp in the adjacent pen but one got chilled and developed a rattle in its lungs. Inside with that one to get a shot of Draxxin & warm up in an improvised incubator box. A couple hours later and you wouldn't have known it was the same lamb. She stayed inside in the box overnite & we took her back out this a.m. Assisting both with some milk replacer. Occasionally the ewes hit a lag in milk production a few days after giving birth, especially when it's cold. Once it warms back up, milk production improves and the lambs won't take the bottle. Everybody's happier when that happens.  :happy1: