Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905998 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
She has auto start but no head bolt heater.  I forgot all about that.  She can plug in at work so she will have one by next year.   :happy1: :happy1:  She has a plug in by her car.  They are cheaper than a pistol too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Her car is a 2011 and is a great car but her heated seats don't turn on with the auto start and she has leather seats.  Brrr.

Nothing says true love for Valentine's Day like a new block heater... :wowza: :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, as a non sheep farmer I wonder what the value is in having your lambing take place so early, in the coldest part of winter. Is it because the lambs are more mature in the shows your wife goes to or some other reason?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There are multiple reasons, one of which involves age brackets for show animals. This breed isn't noted for its out of season breeding so to get them to do it naturally, without the use of hormone treatments is a feather in our cap. The market too pays a premium for lambs that catch the Easter/Passover market timeframe if they don't fit in the show string. Along with that, I hate keeping adult animals in pens unless absolutely necessary, especially when there is pasture available. The animals stay healthier out in the open air and especially rams, have something to focus their attention on other than wrecking things in a pen, including the shepherd.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This breed isn't noted for its out of season breeding so to get them to do it naturally, without the use of hormone treatments is a feather in our cap.
This?  :confused:
  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one, kinda turns Glenn on too!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good one, kinda turns Glenn on too!
:pouty: :pouty: yea so.........you guyz do realize your egging on a sheep pimp....right??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

afternoon fellers.....was -20 when i left this morning...da bank said -22. just gonna lounge the rest oft he day........ :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave. -8 here this AM heading for a high of 0. TGIF!!! looking a bit warmer over the weekend and the first half of next week. Guessing fishing will be on the agenda this weekend. Just not sure how hard I will hit it. May move the fish house and may not. The fishing has not been any good for anyone that I have talked to all over the lake. So not sure if it is worth moving. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -2 here and might see 0 today..  already higher than it was all day yesterday..  got a lot of house cleaning done yesterday so that will be good for awhile again..  managed to even get a few other things done too..  so today I can just finish up things..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin.....-8 here this morning. Going all the way up 3 degrees today. But up in the +20's tomorrow with some light snow. Mid 30's next week.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Fishing was crappy here this past week also. Lots of lookers but no takers. Every time switched colors they would come up and look and then back down. Maybe better next week if we get a stable warm front for a few days.

Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up a new printer yesterday and tried to set it up last night. Didn't go well. So that's today's project along with loading up snowmobile for tomorrow's ride. Hope we have a great time. I'm giving up my gun bingo ticket for tomorrow night to my daughter to go. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's -9 here & lookin like we may hit 7* later. We left home a little before 1:30 yday & were in GR in 6 hrs. Had some breakfast in DR, grabbed a few groceries, & were out here by a little after 9. Parked over at the neighbors & walked through a little knee-deep crusty snow over here. By the time we opened this back up, changed clothes, & got the car in the garage it was noon. Some expired security software & other computer issues after that. Pretty worn out after that. There'll be a least a little more fun in the snow taking place here today. Must've seen a dozen or so wheelhouses going north between GR & here yday early too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......we got a light dusting of snow here. not sure what i wanna do yet..........i new to make a trip to st cloud today or tomorrow..... my brandy is on sale!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: oh and dog food!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......we got a light dusting of snow here. not sure what i wanna do yet..........i new to make a trip to st cloud today or tomorrow..... my brandy is on sale!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: oh and dog food!!!!!!
$10.99 where I'm going!! 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
$10.99 where I'm going!!
For the dog food or brandy?   :confused: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where's that at Mike???????? thing mine was 11.95 at westside.

Steve-o.......i need both, cant speak for Mikey..........maybe he's gonna sousy boil the dog food!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
$10.99 where I'm going!!
For the dog food or brandy?   :confused: :rotflmao:
no pup here any more so brandy it is!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave. -8 here this AM heading for a high of 0. TGIF!!! looking a bit warmer over the weekend and the first half of next week. Guessing fishing will be on the agenda this weekend. Just not sure how hard I will hit it. May move the fish house and may not. The fishing has not been any good for anyone that I have talked to all over the lake. So not sure if it is worth moving. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
well!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: that fishing report aint what i needed to hear!!!!! :pouty: :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I slept late today and it felt great.  Funny youse guys are talking brandy.  I dreamt that the honey I use for coffee got too thick so I added brandy and then it got too runny and was trying to hide it from the wife.  LOL  We are going shopping tomorrow and yes brandy is on the list here too.  It's made out of grapes so gotta be good for us.  Up to -4 so 30 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.   :happy1:  No big plans for the day.  Will wait and see what happens.  Man Gunner you should be a trucker.  You did that all in the am???  lol  I need a nap just thinking about it. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
where's that at Mike???????? thing mine was 11.95 at westside.

Steve-o.......i need both, cant speak for Mikey..........maybe he's gonna sousy boil the dog food!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Spiritz in Melrose has it on sale, but Westside matches price's...   so some beer that's on sale too!!!   be loaded up for a little bit anyway...
« Last Edit: February 02/04/22, 09:30:15 AM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We get a brochure with the garbage bill from the city.  They said the price of booze is going up.  Some beers will go up $2 a case and some bottles of booze could go up $5 a bottle.  We are at the end of the trail so sometimes they just get what is left on the truck. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
well!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: that fishing report aint what i needed to hear!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
Sorry Glenn. I just speak more truthful than Joe Henry.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so this Joe guy does the LOTW's reports?????? :scratch:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Joe is employed by tourism on LOTW. It's all rainbows & bunnies up there. Full buckets and fish jumping over the sides of the boat. They had one guy one time who didn't limit out in 20 minutes but it turns out he was fishing in the bath tub at the resort. To much beer I think.

Remember Glenn, always believe everything you read....nobody would lie to you.  :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Iff'n it makes ya feel better, fishing is slow around here too. Haven't caught anything in the water tanks.  :embarrassed:

Mornin' gang! Saw -10 when I fed bottle lambs ~10 p.m. last nite and temp rose to just above zero when we finished chores this a.m. The lambs we've been feeding milk replacer are responding along with their mom eating and milking somewhat better. See what happens with the warmup. Today, working on a cropping season summary. Slow writing, three yards and a cloud of dust. Looking up weather data is time consuming. We'll get 'er tho. Tomorrow I gotta get the 656 started, plop 2 bales in the lot, remove the chains and hike it down to the neighbors. I'll let it piss him off for a few days! Actually he seems to have the patience of Job, works fast & many times minor things come back fixed, no charge. Super young man & we're very fortunate his shop is just down the hill. His grandpa lived on the building site & we were good friends. I'd see him working in his garden on a hot day while I was walking the pasture fence. He loved to visit. The next thing ya know, I'd walk back up the hill, grab a cooler & we'd be thru a 12 pack.  :doah:
« Last Edit: February 02/04/22, 09:46:50 AM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
so this Joe guy does the LOTW's reports?????? :scratch:
Dutchboy summed it up pretty well.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Joe is employed by tourism on LOTW. It's all rainbows & bunnies up there. Full buckets and fish jumping over the sides of the boat. They had one guy one time who didn't limit out in 20 minutes but it turns out he was fishing in the bath tub at the resort. To much beer I think.

Remember Glenn, always believe everything you read....nobody would lie to you.  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: kinda like other topics lately! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Years ago when Buddies and I would be going on a fishing trip we used to love the fishing reports.  I wouldn't waste my time looking at them now.  They used to say the fishing has been slow but don't let that discourage you.  We appreciated that and still went.  It was nice to know a thousand fish weren't caught the week before we went.  We had some great fishing when we got there many times.  Now they are just sick the way they lie to everyone about what is really happening.  I see the unbelievable reports now and on the same week the Conservation Officers reports say how they are not seeing many people catching fish.  ?????  So what's up with that?   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen the previous owners of the nearby resort post pics on their site that looked to be a year or 2 old in order to dupe people into comin up when actually the :fishing: has been pretty crappy all season for the ones that spend as much time here as we do & actually go out a lot.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon