Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904991 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike.  The oven is on and some small electric heaters.  He should be here in 30 minutes. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -5 at choretime, rose to 5 above on the way into Bugtussle, heading for a high in the upper teens. Had sun earlier but cloud deck rolled in. No newbies overnite. Got a bale moved and tractor to the neighbor's shop yesterday so it should snow anytime now. Sucks to have a furnace on the fritz Barry. While not cheap, $2500 installed sounds fairly reasonable depending on how big it is. Sucks to be sick too JB. Get better so you can get back out fishing. Of course if you can get internet out on the lake, that might not be a problem!  :happy1: Better get back at 'er. A little more coffee & I'll be ready for action!  :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.......busy day......stocked shelves.....regained my #1 status with my mother!!!! :evil: agrued with the bank...checked on a cosmetic part for my truck..took care of some things outside........... and soon cook chow!!!!!!

good thing i got the day off tomorrow!!!!!!! :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch and Cookie may feel sorry for you doing all of that in one day Glenn.  LOL  My furnace guy came and cleaned off a sensor and reset the furnace and runs great now.  Only set me back $50.  I hope it keeps running now. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Izzat an LP furnace or a fuel oil model Barry? I remember the fuel oil boiler I had in my Little House on the Prairie in ND. It smoked the basement all up one morning. The guy who came out to fix it used to work in the missile silos as an electrician. He cleaned the electric eye and all was well. Strange little dude. Balding with long, scraggly hair; hadn't shaved in eons. Sounds like me!  :rotflmao: The time spent in the silos must've got to him. Made most of the conspiracy theorists in these parts look pretty tame. I was convinced by the time he left the end was near.  :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/22, 07:02:55 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here heading for 35. The ole wood boiler should be just idling today. Back in the salt mines today. Feeling a bit better. Still congested and coughing some, but it is what it is. Back in the old days I would have been to work yesterday. Luckily I had a computer to work from home yesterday otherwise I would have come into work. Well, back at it. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,nice change out the door 20 degrees,by mid afternoon and 40 degrees my driveway should be thawed out.Might run my vehicle thru the wash can't tell if my dark gray vehicle is gray or white,full of salt,glad I sealed the exterior with "ceramic glaze" last fall.

good day to all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup a nice coming in for us today..  saying some chance of snow over night..  bring it on!!  not much on the agenda today but I'll figure some thing out..  need to put the tabs on my car and wheeler to bring them up to date..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  13 here now and they say up to 35 today.  I will believe it when I see it.  I see it is partly cloudy.  Will need some sun to get us warmed up.  I need to make burgers today to freeze.  It is a propane/electric furnace Dotch.  A Bard 80.  They are pretty dependable the guy said.  ??  We have been using propane the last few years as it is more economical than electric.  There is a formula to determine if propane or electric is the best to use.  I think we have to be paying over $1.95 for propane to make electric cheaper.  We prepaid propane at $1.69 this year.  I should do the math again to make sure.  Will fill the Ranger with firewood today and go down the driveway to get the mail with it.  Cooper jumps in when he sees me even get close to it.  LOL  The only place I can drive it is where I have plowed so I do a few laps around that area just for fun.  Can't wait for spring to really use it.  Really like it so far.  Well you all have a great Tuesday.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You did good on the pre-buy. They filled me again yesterday at $2.39
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 11* when I was out in the garage & TWC's sayin 38* will be the high today. Got some clothes in the dryer already & I know I can find some more snow to push around today. Willing to wager that the roof rake sees some action today as well. We got back here yday about 2 & I'm thinkin Monday might be the day to go to town as it wasn't very busy :happy1: :cool:, except for the barbershop. Cenex always runs a late summer/early fall pre-pay program here that we take part in. Brother said that before we went home just before Thanksgiving it was almost $2.50 then. Luckily with our set up we seldom use more that 200 gallons a year. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 15 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. A temporary lull in the lambing barn other than one ewe off feed. Tummy upset so cool her feed down a tad & supplement w/some longer stemmed grassier hay. Seems to be coming around. Got a fill of LP last week. With discount was $1.95. We run a dual-fuel off peak system. Electric boiler for the floor heat & propane forced air. We can also run an LP boiler but we need to upgrade to a more efficient model. When I was living in ND, fuel oil was still popular on farmsteads. LP wouldn't come out of the tank when it got too cold so those using it had back up systems, either fuel oil or electric.
« Last Edit: February 02/08/22, 01:26:05 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what our is too.  An off peak system. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well reports are coming in that Glenn has no internet, so iffin ya were wondering why it's so quiet here now ya know!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh that's what is different today.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I wonder if he paid his bill?  OR maybe they just kicked him off the system just cuz...   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!  he got banned from the internet!!????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably irritated them.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He refused to wear his mask...😉

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rumor has it that he might be getting the internet back, be ready fellers!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :confused: :banghead: :banghead: I know now why my rears werent just ringing....they hurt!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

yea well i am back in business!!!!!!!! :mooning: :evil: my wife was on the phone with them when it came back.......they musta been scared!!!!  :rotflmao:  NOW you know what i deal with daily and why i head to the cabin often!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

in any event anywho....... i'll be spending some time outside later..to nice not to. run the crap outta shadow to burn up some of that piss and vinegar!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: i did get some little projects done this morning while out of commission!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to have you back Glenn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of LP gas, I've used plenty in the last month. Got the tractor out and moved a little snow to make it easier for the driver when he comes this week. I pre-bought mine for 1.59 last summer.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what our is too.  An off peak system. 
We're dual fuel, off peak as well. An on-demand boiler for the in floor in the basement & garage along with the propane furnace/heat pump. The basement is all ICF 2' walls as well.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It sure felt nice out on the tractor today. In KC it got up to the mid 70's today. Should have stayed longer.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
It sure felt nice out on the tractor today. In KC it got up to the mid 70's today. Should have stayed longer.
mid 70's!!!  WOW!!   upper 30's here and that is very nice!!!  just got the tabs on the car and 4 wheeler so all legal again for it, but in my defence they are ones that send the tabs out over a month late..  I have till the end of Feb for the car tabs..  but now they are done...   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi guys. Still alive out here

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey del! Good to hear from you. Say, what sort of electric chainsaw did you get? We were having a wide ranging discussion on the subject in another thread.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi guys. Still alive out here
:happy1: go to hear. Don't let the nudist sway you!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today’s project completed and in the freezer. 30 pounds of drummies. Looks like I need to clean out a freezer tomorrow. Sometimes I think my better half shouldn’t walk down the frozen food section of the store.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey del! Good to hear from you. Say, what sort of electric chainsaw did you get? We were having a wide ranging discussion on the subject in another thread.

It is the 40 volt from lowes.   Kobalt
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-40-Volt-Lithium-Ion-14-in-Cordless-Electric-Chainsaw-1-Battery-Included/1002647072

I think it was on sale and I got veteran's discount of 10% so that was the end of my research.

And here is the picture I tried and failed to post before...
« Last Edit: February 02/08/22, 05:26:50 PM by delcecchi »