Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953103 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
By the way LPS, on our way home I did see your pine/ cedar trees. Is your driveway near by???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is right there.  Spruce trees are on each side of the driveway.  I will send you my address so you can google it.  I have about 19 acres.  It is a rectangle from the hwy to the river.  About 635' wide.
« Last Edit: February 02/15/22, 04:30:10 PM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 18 above here this morning. Got my hoist fixed yesterday, rewired it. Going to Osakis today to drop off a shotgun and then the BIL and I are going for a ride around the lake to see if he likes his new Ski Doo. I'm sure there will be a stop at the resort for a cold beer involved. Probably around 3:30 or so if you feel like buying Mike. That's about it for now, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 4 above here and some flurries coming down. Cut firewood and loaded the woodshed last night. Figured out the trouble with the chainsaw to Sunday afternoon. There is a gas line that was slipping off of the fitting. If it continues to do that I may need to try and find a small hose clamp to put on it. Ran good last night.  :happy1: Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, hey Mark that could be a plan!!  got 16 here and sounds like that is close to the high too!!  going into Alex this morning and one stop for sure is to get my glasses adjusted again..  hopefully right this time..  had to move adjust a nose piece myself the other day and now it does not sit flat..  other than that just a regular resupply run..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents....Happy hump day,mild out the door,high for today 25 degrees then back in the freezer tonight,ishta,cool moon this morning setting in the west,looks full.

good day to all.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin gents....Happy hump day,mild out the door,high for today 25 degrees then back in the freezer tonight,ishta,cool moon this morning setting in the west,looks full.

good day to all.

When you are retired, every day is hump day.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 10*here & we may hit 15*.  The flag is really movin already so look out. We got the call that the lawn tractor was done after lunch yday so we're headed to town today too. Need a few groceries too so we probably won't make it back here until after lunch. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Mark i think I should be there by 4 if that works for you!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got enough light snow the last day or so that I need to plow it up.  My buddy upriver a mile has an older Ford plow truck and it blew the oil out of it so I may clean up his driveway too.  Someone told him it may be a plugged air filter.  ??  I wonder if a plugged PCV valve would do that too?  Hope he can fix it.  Need to pay some bills today and hit the bank.  They give doggy biscuits so that is a big hit with Cooper and Buddy.  Cooper barks at the pretty girls there.  Well maybe it is for the biscuit. LOL 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I blew an oil pan gasket pulling a big trailer in SD about 8 years ago. Got towed to Watertown.. The mechanic blamed it on a plugged pvc valve. Had to take off the motor mount bolts and lift the engine to get the oil pan off. Magnet found no metal. Got the new gasket on and everything back together with new oil and filter and away I went. Surprised the heck out of me but the motor was fine.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got busy and a little late to the party!!!!!!!! got a few things to finish up.....nuttin pressing as gunner would say. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got enough light snow the last day or so that I need to plow it up.  My buddy upriver a mile has an older Ford plow truck and it blew the oil out of it so I may clean up his driveway too.  Someone told him it may be a plugged air filter.  ??  I wonder if a plugged PCV valve would do that too?  Hope he can fix it.  Need to pay some bills today and hit the bank.  They give doggy biscuits so that is a big hit with Cooper and Buddy.  Cooper barks at the pretty girls there.  Well maybe it is for the biscuit. LOL
We know who is barking at the pretty girls.  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Up and at em.....-16 here this morning. Not going above 0 today. Still saying blizzard conditions here tomorrow afternoon. Winds up to 60 mph. 

7th of this winter....:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Getting old.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/22, 07:47:53 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,yeah chilly start out the door here to Ken -5 out the door,heading to 10 maybe?

clear skies,calm winds,moon setting in the west again this morning looking good,makes for good late night coyote hunts in states where night hunting is allowed (varmits),critters were active last night staking out territory,it's mating season so they were howling up a storm last night.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -20 here heading up to -4 today. Talking snow tonight and then big winds tomorrow. Worse the further west you go. Get to go grocery shopping after work today. Oh joy. Oh well. Not much else here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -9 here and hope to see 0..  ended up having to get my back up pair of glasses out.  nose piece broke off the others..  so one more trip to get these adjusted..   did catch up with Mark yesterday, was nice to see him and his BIL and visit for bit..  very nice sleds they were riding too!!  have a good day all!! 

oh and yup winds are going to be crazy here tomorrow too..  2nd it on getting old...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The only thing I like about the winds and snow is it is keeping the resorts from plowing all the way across LOTW. That makes me happy.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -23 here at the moment.  So glad it didn't hit the -40 that they predicted.  Got my buddy upriver plowed out yesterday.  He had the same thing that DK's Dad had done about a month ago.  He is feeling good and the Dr. told him he can pretty much do anything already.  After cutting the sternum and all of that I am surprised it all heals so fast.  The horses will need hay by tomorrow so keeping an eye on that situation.  Other than that just the regular things today.  Won't be out for long hopefully.  You all have a great day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, -19* for us & we may sneak all the way up to 4*. GR wasn't real busy again but we were a bit earlier than normal. Must've seen close to another couple dozen wheelhouses on the road yday. A few were southbound but the majority were headed the other direction. Met a couple rigs when we were leavin on our county road too & they were sittin over at the resort when we got home. The blower will be going back on the lawn tractor first thing today so it's usable tomorrow. Only a couple inches predicted here but there could be some 40 mph wind with it. No more now, enjoy your day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -23 here at the moment.  So glad it didn't hit the -40 that they predicted.  Got my buddy upriver plowed out yesterday.  He had the same thing that DK's Dad had done about a month ago.  He is feeling good and the Dr. told him he can pretty much do anything already.  After cutting the sternum and all of that I am surprised it all heals so fast.  The horses will need hay by tomorrow so keeping an eye on that situation.  Other than that just the regular things today.  Won't be out for long hopefully.  You all have a great day.
I don't believe that the sternum is split when they put stints in. They go in thru the groin arteries. That's why the recovery is so fast.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Should go to Osakis today and drop off that shotgun. Get that done finally. Trails were really nice in some spots, but then glare ice and dirt in the open areas. It was fun to stop at the resort yesterday, first time I've been there since???????? Thanks for the visit Mike, it's always nicer to BS in person. Especially when you're a professional. :rotflmao: Well got to go, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 1 above at choretime heading for a high around 7 above. Got the shearing done yesterday or the shearer did. Still took a lot of legwork prior to and afterward setting up & tearing down. I got to be Fauci. Made sure the sheep all got their boosters (CD & T). Also grabbed the wool off the platform once the shearer was done with a sheep, stuffed the wool in a basket & handed it off to the wife so she could dump it in the wool bagger. We did 42 head between 32 ewes, 2 rams & 8 yearlings. Had some lunch about 2 p.m. and after the shearer left, took a nice long nap. Had a couple ewes lamb yesterday & another this a.m. Over half done. Will need to sharpen out pencils. Not carrying all these sheep over into next year unless she decides to bale the extra hay it takes. That ain't happenin'... :coffee:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/22, 09:49:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very cool pic!  Thanks JB.  I didn't know that they did it like that.  Much less damage done.   :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/17/22, 10:12:17 AM by LPS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 1 above at choretime heading for a high around 7 above. Got the shearing done yesterday or the shearer did. Still took a lot of legwork prior to and afterward setting up & tearing down. I got to be Fauci. Made sure the sheep all got their boosters (CD & T). Also grabbed the wool off the platform once the shearer was done with a sheep, stuffed the wool in a basket & handed it off to the wife so she could dump it in the wool bagger. We did 42 head between 32 ewes, 2 rams & 8 yearlings. Had some lunch about 2 p.m. and after the shearer left, took a nice long nap. Had a couple ewes lamb yesterday & another this a.m. Over half done. Will need to sharpen out pencils. Not carrying all these sheep over into next year unless she decides to bale the extra hay it takes. That ain't happenin'... :coffee:
Just can't believe you don't do your own shearing! Ha, ha, ha

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You couldn't pay me enough to do what Bob does roony. He's a few years younger than I am and his body is shot. No telling how many thousand sheep he's shorn. Started shearing in high school so he's had a lot of practice and makes it look easy. Really keeps his temper under control somehow. The sheep aren't always cooperative. There are usually a few who try him on. He usually lets them have their little tantrum then continues when they're thru. Sometimes with a nasty ram he'll have me pull a George Floyd maneuver and put my knee on their neck if they get too out of control. Some guys will beat on them which is a great way to hurt your hand, especially if you hit 'em in the head.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't believe that the sternum is split when they put stints in. They go in thru the groin arteries. That's why the recovery is so fast.
that is correct....when you have a bypass they gut you open......dont ask me how i know!!!!! :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Should go to Osakis today and drop off that shotgun. Get that done finally. Trails were really nice in some spots, but then glare ice and dirt in the open areas. It was fun to stop at the resort yesterday, first time I've been there since???????? Thanks for the visit Mike, it's always nicer to BS in person. Especially when you're a professional. :rotflmao: Well got to go, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
oh and   a professional he is!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

afternoon fellers....... back to stocking shelves this am. just getting a few things for the weekend!!!!!!! already having football withdrawals!  :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
must be dotch leaning up against the wall!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:sorry:  :pouty: Mikey wanted me to say that!!!!!! :evil: