Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902223 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Boober, I think the lakes up north will fill up just fine this spring. :happy1:

It did last spring too, lakes where the highest I've seen them in a long time, but that didn't last long. :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still low here...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Last fall they were really low yet.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

It did last spring too, lakes where the highest I've seen them in a long time, but that didn't last long. :confused:
:scratch: We had 44' of dock out as soon as the ice went out last season & we went to all 60' by sometime in June or July. We started the year or 2 before with 34' then went to 38' a bit later so we weren't  that high here last Spring. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02/19/22, 10:20:43 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: We had 44' of dock out as soon as the ice went out last season & we went to all 60' by sometime in June or July. We started the year or 2 before with 34' then went to 38' a bit later so we weren't  that high here last Spring. :rolleyes:
:pouty: :pouty:yea well it wont take a rocket scientist to figure out that water system your on takes a whole lot more water to fill up then the 2-3 lakes around the cabin i'm referring to!!!!!!! :mooning:

morning fellers..........looks like the weather terrorists up the anty over night on snow totals...from 4-9, now there saying 8-15. since moms coming home today i'll go visit this afternoon.

appears it mat be ok temp wise outside for a while, mayhaps throw the training dummy for shadow.........get rid of some of that anbition he gotz!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and where it goes from there??  I'm thinking downward...  still talking 5 to 11 inches here too..  you can have the 15 inches!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and where it goes from there??  I'm thinking downward...  still talking 5 to 11 inches here too..  you can have the 15 inches!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
meh..........whats another 4 inches!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 32 now going for 43. Probably take the hounds for a mid day stroll, maybe take some more Xmas decorations down and change oil on da truck. Enjoy your Sunday gents!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  When I fed the dogs at 6 am it was 18, now it is 11.  Looks like we may have gotten about 6" of snow last night into this morning by seeing the dogs out in it.  I will know for sure when the wife starts shoveling.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That aint gonna happen.  Not sure if my buddy got his plow truck fixed or not.  JB the wife reminded me that he had a triple bypass not just stents so he did get cut open.  Ouch!  I will plow him out if he needs it.  I see snow coming down again.  No sense in getting in a hurry I got all day to get it done.  A big fat squirrel just got in the feeder.  Been awhile since I have seen one.  Cooper has been hard on them.  I will make sure he doesn't get this one.  With the deep snow he would be a goner.   My buddy at Ottertail just texted me about the big snow they are expecting in the next few days too.  That must be the band of snow you are talking about.  Come on spring.   You be careful shoveling.  None of you are young kids anymore.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
meh..........whats another 4 inches!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just looked at one of the snow projection models, 12 to 18 inches here maybe...   oh yea!!!    :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Pretty much the same thing here in International Falls. 19 degrees when I got up, down to 17 now and it looks like it will fall all day.

Had a flocks of birds just stop at the feeders. Light Red breasts so I'm thinking maybe Cardinals. They didn't stay long. I need to go clean all the snow off the feeders and restock them.

Will need to plow again this morning, this winter is really getting old.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-40's. No newbies in the lambing barn but at least the wind was gusting to 30 mph.  :bonk: Need to vax, tag & tail 4 or 5 pens of lambs & ewes so they can be moved to the loafing & creep feeder area we opened up yesterday. Those Dec. lambs are huge so they're already loving it. Climbing over panels is getting old and so am I. My back and hips are starting to feel all the effects of the heavy lifting & extra trips. Snow coming here too, maybe 4" - 8", but not the snowmageddon forecast to the north. Still waiting on some hoses for the loader so hope they make it before Tues. Maybe after it snows glenn can start hauling it north on his trailer to fill his lake up faster! 😉 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I'm dumping it in gunners driveway. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are talking the highest amounts of snow will be in a line through St. Cloud in an east west line.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are talking the highest amounts of snow will be in a line through St. Cloud in an east west line.

right on me and Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   just hope it's not going to be windy..  big drifts no fun!!   :thumbs:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. But as it usually goes, the predicting 8-15 inches, we'll probably get 6???

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we will know by Tuesday afternoon I'd say!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I'm hearin 5-9" here by the time it's finished. We had a Dotch type mornin :rolleyes: so by the time we got done & inside we both felt the need for a couple G & T's. Had some lunch & all's good.............................. now............................ZZZZZZZZZ! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got us all plowed out and my buddy that had the bypasses.  Now my pump is leaking somewhere.   :angry2: :angry2:  I may just bring it in to the local dealer and tell him to fix it.  It's only money right Glenn?  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: :pouty:yea well it wont take a rocket scientist to figure out that water system your on takes a whole lot more water to fill up then the 2-3 lakes around the cabin i'm referring to!!!!!!! :mooning:

morning fellers..........looks like the weather terrorists up the anty over night on snow totals...from 4-9, now there saying 8-15. since moms coming home today i'll go visit this afternoon.

appears it mat be ok temp wise outside for a while, mayhaps throw the training dummy for shadow.........get rid of some of that anbition he gotz!!!
:scratch: :doah: Meh,........................... nobody cares about those little mudpuddles, not even the DNR!!  :tut: :mooning:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 01:08:27 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: Yea I found that out first hand!! :angry2: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seriously though, the water level at ice out the year we had to take 16' off the roll-out was as high as I've ever seen it here. Might've been close once or twice, back in the 70's, in the almost 60 years we've been here.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: February 02/20/22, 04:04:48 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Weather terrorist just upgraded to a winter storm warning, starting about midnight.

Yea gunner the water levels have really gone down,but last spring for a while It was as high as I can ever remember. The beaver really built up there damn they got between our lake and the little one behind us.

That little pike lake that's been a honey hole I bet is down 6 ft

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Plow is on the truck and it’s full of gas. Kubota is is full of fuel plus a full five of diesel and three cans of gas in the garage. Took a look at the calendar, it’s not December or January anymore let her buck. Six inches or sixteen Spring isn’t that far away. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they can raise a lot of hell up here. They even plugged the culvert on the road back to our PA 1 season lately. That made it wash-out, so the county had to go in just before the Opener & rebuild that stretch.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta appreciate yer attitude markn. I repaired a couple mangers and couldn't believe how much mud there was down be the barn already. Moved lambs & ewes afterwards. Had to be careful as it was mud on top of frozen ground by then. Easy to slip & fall on yer @$$.  :embarrassed:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure wish I had a place to do sheep farming, sounds like a barrel O fun!!!🤣 :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm ready too..  got a tank of of gas and some more and it's almost March!!   well said Mark!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the driveway is white with a couple of spots still down to the blacktop. A couple of small drifts across it too. Nothing I can do about it, just move it when I need to. Should make for some good snowmobiling, too bad for that that I have to be in Grand Rapids this weekend. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, nary any snow here yet. Radar for the moment has it mostly north of us .

Mark grand rapids is a beat town. Cabin bis 40 miles north west of there. Just be careful, the old saying there is come on vacation, leave in probation.  :confused: :rotflmao: