Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903951 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......fish are thawing out for tomorrow.  seen the weather terrorist have already issued a winter weather advisory for tomorrow!!!!! :doofus: :pouty:

todays the last day we have that little black terrorist puppy!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: was fun having him, but man him and shadow get wild!!!!!!

not sure what the plan for the rest of the day is yet??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 here and hope to see 30 today..  yes saying the same here Glenn for tomorrow..  got to make a run to the land fill this morning and drop off my old TV..  one more thing done!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, seen 9* early & we may get close to 30*. Our weather terrorists must've heard :scratch: you know who is stayin home ;) so we're 'sposed to get < 1" now. :rolleyes: :smiley: Got a little more putzin I can do outside today early but after that.................... :confused:. No more now, have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, seen 9* early & we may get close to 30*. Our weather terrorists must've heard :scratch: you know who is stayin home ;) so we're 'sposed to get < 1" now. :rolleyes: :smiley: Got a little more putzin I can do outside today early but after that.................... :confused:. No more now, have a good day!!
:tut: :tut: hey...i'm just trying to get the water levels in the lakes up there back to normal!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Almost 0 this morning at 8 am in International Falls. Had a couple of guys shovel the roof yesterday so thats done. Shocking how much snow was up there.

Diesel was $3.89 when I drove through town yesterday. I think I will take the trucks in and top them both today. I don't see the price going down anytime soon.

With all the snow and ice here it's going to be a long slow run to open water this spring I think. Lakes need the water so I'm good with a slow melt.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well time to take my old TV to the land fill..  get it done!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Diesel is $4.19 here in Warroad yesterday. Sad part is diesel was $3.79 in Roseau yesterday. Some crooks here in Warroad. Gas is $3.54 in both towns. Sad days! I love my diesel pickup. But I don't see it going very far this summer the way the prices are going.

Ya know,why is it every time the news tells us crude oil jumped $ *#^ per barrel,that same day our fuel prices jump .10 or more cents even tho no new fuel dump at these/our gas stations,not one word about price gouging.crooks.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. At least it'll be cloudy & windy. We also had the dreaded graupel falling last nite during chores so there's that too. :rolleyes: Gotta make a feed run today. Temps for tomorrow at 55 sound good but sounds kinda icky for doing much outside. Mainly rain turning to snow tomorrow nite. Lotsa stuff I could do inside. Cuddle up with Ruby, make popcorn, have a G&T and watch Gunsmoke comes to mind... :happy1:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. At least it'll be cloudy & windy. We also had the dreaded graupel falling last nite during chores so there's that too. :rolleyes: Gotta make a feed run today. Temps for tomorrow at 55 sound good but sounds kinda icky for doing much outside. Mainly rain turning to snow tomorrow nite. Lotsa stuff I could do inside. Cuddle up with Ruby, make popcorn, have a G&T and watch Gunsmoke comes to mind... :happy1:   

Sounds like a solid plan Dotch,maybe a couple G/T's share with Ruby,my late golden loved "colorado bull dogs" back in my drinking days....my boyz always ride shotgun in my truck,when we hit the local bar,old Buck would head inside the bar then jump in his favorite booth and wait for his drink,local folks just loved him as one of they're own.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  Haven't even read back on anything except the MIA thread.  Yes there are a few guys that we don't hear from anymore.  Too bad.  Well I have been helping a friend of mine haul bales from about 25 miles away to his farm.  He has bad knees and it is hard for him to climb up on the trailer to strap them down.  Been doing 2 loads one day and 1 load the next so he has time to feed his Angus herd every other day.  We have a good time talking whenever we are together and it has been awhile.  I found a bag of their garden grown spuds in my truck today along with some frozen squash.   :happy1:  She is one heck of a cook and the lunches we have are out of this world.  Pot roast, meatballs and gravy, etc.   I let them know that we have to get back to work or I will have to take a nap.  He usually does too but we need to get this project done.  3 more days which will be 1 load days left.  SO over by where we get the bales there has been a bull elk for 10-12 years.  He is all alone.  Has not been any cows or other bulls with him that anyone has seen in that time. He must have wandered or was chased away from the herd years ago.  May have even been a predator that singled him out.  He has a huge rack and was about 100 yards from us when the guy yelled at us that he was there.  This guy sees him now and then and has found sheds too.  There is no elk season there so glad he won't get shot.  Was probably from one of the herds over by Hallock or Grygla.  I've never seen a wild one that close.  Sitting down now and having a Press.  Seltzer type of thing and they are pretty good.  Stopped at the store after "work" cuz ribeyes were on sale for $12.99 which is a good deal here and got me a whole loin.   :sleazy:  Will cut it up this weekend.  16 lbs so you do the math.  Of course I was unsupervised so also got another rack of ribs to add to my stock in the freezer.  The wife just got home and hasn't seen it yet.  I told her how nice she looks today and she immediately said "what do you want"?  LOL   I also got some ice cream that we haven't had for awhile.  Will do another load of bales tomorrow afternoon and may smoke that brisket on Sunday.  This time of year we like to watch golf with no football on.  Nice to just see green grass for awhile.  Well time for a real cocktail.  Great talking at youse guys.  TGIF! 
« Last Edit: March 03/04/22, 04:39:45 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and might see 33.. still talking rain and up to 4 inches of snow.. we shall see tomorrow..  got a fwew things to do today and a funeral this afternoon so I have plenty to do..  that's OK, get it done!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We are planning on a snowmobile ride today unless it decides to rain here. I think the rain will stay East of us so we should be OK. Looks like it could be about three to four inches of snow. That would be enough, my burning barrel disappeared after the last blast and it's a 265 gallon fuel barrel cut in half. Have a great day all, later. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and heading for 28 last I seen. Having some coffee and waiting for da fellers to start moving so we can go out fishing. Met them at the bar in Williams for super last night after work. Joe said we set up on the first structure. The bar.  :rotflmao: We had a good time. Well off to the world of snow and ice. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We are planning on a snowmobile ride today unless it decides to rain here. I think the rain will stay East of us so we should be OK. Looks like it could be about three to four inches of snow. That would be enough, my burning barrel disappeared after the last blast and it's a 265 gallon fuel barrel cut in half. Have a great day all, later. :happy1: :happy1:

disappeared??   must be a big drift!!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 26* at 1st peek here & we may sneak above 30* later. Dotch's road grader ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: scraped our road last week 1 day & filled the neighbor's drive with that nasty stuff. He just had rotator cuff surgery so he won't be up for quite a while but his youngest son, who just last week got married down in Fla, has his wheelhouse stored over there. So, with this nice weather we've been messing around a little everyday opening up their driveway for them. The boy did have plans to go to LOW after they got back home after the wedding, so thought we'd help 'em out. Will find something else outside that needs doin for early today. You guys gettin the freezin rain today, be careful if you need to be out in it. No more now, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 08:20:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
25 degrees this morning in International Falls. Dreary cloudy day. I don't think we are suppose to get any snow or rain. Local guy posted Diesel jumped to near $4.00 yesterday.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ouch on the diesel prices.  I would have been here much earlier but my laptop sure is getting slow.  Has to restart every time I turn it on.  Then keeps doing the not responding thing and finally gets me to where I want to be.  It's only 10+ years old so not even broke in yet.  May have to upgrade soon.  It is 26 here now and they are now talking we may get to 30.  That would be nice.  With all of the snow we have spring won't be hurrying in.  Have the morning off.  Actually this temporary working thing is good for me.  Now I can't wait to get back to retirement.   :rotflmao:  Keep procrastinating putting the tracks on the wheeler so mayhaps will happen tomorrow whilst the brisket is smoking.  :happy1: We shall see then.  Well you all have a great day.  Don't overdo that shoveling Gunner.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Yesterday NWS had today's forecast high for us pegged in the mid-50's. Gives one a lot of confidence in their predictive capabilities days let alone months or years in advance. :doah: .39" of rain overnite at the ranch & .51" in Bugtussle. Need to make a grocery run this a.m. before the rain comes back after lunch, reputedly. I'll watch the radar, thank you very much. Glad to hear yer learning our language gunner. Those areas on the ends of fields are called headlands not end rows BTW... :rotflmao: Time for some breakfast & coffee then I better motor. Things to see and people to do as a sage once told me.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Good mornin boys! Again thaks for for all comeraderie and well wishes. Feelin hetter than yesterday. Have a great day
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........looks like we got a little rain....things look a little glazed! aint stopping me from the wild game feed!!!!!! momma should be able to drive me home!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

thats the big plan for today.

granddaughter picked up the dog last nite.....shadow looks kinda lost this morning!!!!!!!!  :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........looks like we got a little rain....things look a little glazed! aint stopping me from the wild game feed!!!!!! momma should be able to drive me home!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

granddaughter picked up the dog last nite.....shadow looks kinda lost this morning!!!!!!!!  :doah:

time to get another pup!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

time to get another pup!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yer right mikey. I see another dog in glenn's future. 🐕

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good thing you 2 do, cause i dont!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but i have been putting a bug in my wifes ear that when our 15 year old sheltie passes to maybe getting another sheltie.  :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil:

if i push enough i'll get my way!!!!!! :smoking: but i just looked, 2 breeders close to us in MN currently dont have any available!!! :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So you are serious.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does.  Mornin peoples 35 here and not sure it'll change much. Overnight rain and the temps sure have knocked the snow pack down,  think when it starts raining thus afternoon I'll leave the truck outside fir a free bath. Friggin fuel jumped to 3.79 yesterday...awesome! Anywho..see ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So you are serious.
no not at the moment. the sheltie seems to be doing OK for being 15.  and after having 3 dogs in the house over the course of the last 8 1/2 days....  :doofus: we will wait.

we keep saying we are going to be a 1 dog house............but there's just something about a sheltie...................... :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We keep saying we are going to be a one dog house too or maybe a smaller dog but then Cooper came along and that went boobs up.  I definitely need a dog that can jump right in the boat and not get taken by a coyote.  I have always like Rat Terriers but worry about one staying close to the house.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Very true glenn & there's something to be said for a 2 dog household. We were here for roughly 25 years, the dogs staggered in age so we were never w/o their company. Wife has wanted a corgi for a long time so that may happen once Ruby is gone. If it does, I may opt for another red & white border collie a few years later. We only have Ruby presently & she's doing much better with the meds she's on. Couldn't believe tho how lonely the house got while she was at the vet's office the other day. :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
amen Dotch...   I always liked corgi's too but never got one...  I'm guessing my English Bulldog was my special pup!!!   and he sure was!!!   
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 10:25:36 AM by mike89 »