Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902806 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we have lost a dog the other dog seems lost so we weaken soon too and get him a buddy. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Never had a corgi either but those I've been around all seem to be happy go lucky little dogs. The wife has sheep friends who breed/sell them so she's kept tabs on them for years. Beautiful dogs but for the prices I've seen from these folks, betting I could buy a couple borders! :doah: She claims they'll give her a discounted price. For the ching they're talking list price, they'd better... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well it sure seems like the nasty weather is going to miss us for the most part or completely looks like...  I'm ok with that, and yes the lakes need the water Glenn!!!  just don't want icy roads and such...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Some lighting and thunder here, after the burglars on the grill the claws will come out, I'm better off hiding in a dog kennel!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Some lighting and thunder here, after the burglars on the grill the claws will come out, I'm better off hiding in a dog kennel!!

be safe there buddy!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23 here this AM and supposed to be a high in the mid 20s I think. It was up around 30 yesterday. It was a nice day out on the lake. The wind was light, but out of the east. Fishing was slow. Between the 2 houses we had 7 keepers. Going to head out there shortly and give it another whirl. About it from here. You boys have a good Sunday.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morning Y'all....
Woke up to 28 degrees, not bad. I usually do "my" grocery shopping on Sunday, 5am. Today was nuthin different, cept this morning the freezing rain from last night slowed me down some. The doors were frozen shut on the truck. Course after the 3rd hip check, I got one to open. Started it, and headed back into the house.... before I got to the porch, I went ass over tea kettle ( not to bad, I'm ok ). After the truck warmed up, I took off for the store. So, there is glare ice under the 3 inches of snow we got made it "interesting" (couple donuts in the road) but I got er done. May head out fishing later, we'll see how sloppy it gets.

Anyways, have a great morning, and if you head out be safe!
« Last Edit: March 03/06/22, 06:34:16 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and might get to 25..  no ice or snow here, so I'm happy about that, the ice more so..   HD that falling on the ice suks!!  my leg is still sore but lots better than it was..  still moving slow when I'm on ice..  looks like some below 0 nights again later this week..  was hoping they were gone!!  getting closer to the end of them this season...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Logged in another 125 miles yesterday. Got a little rough on the trails later in the day. Think I'll start stuffing envelopes for our banquet in April. Probably watch some "Napcar" this afternoon. That's about it for today. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
 Mike, that barrel is on the West side of the house and that drift is about 5' high.
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup falling used to be no big deal.  Now it can be.  Hurts more too.  Forgot about your sore leg Mike.  Glad that it is getting better.  My ass muscle that I tore right after I retired still hurts and I will be going in for my cortisone shots in my back on Tuesday.  The last time he gave me one in the ass muscle too and man did that help.  Started wearing off around Christmas.  If I lay flat on my excercise mat for awhile it sure helps too.  The dogs and cat have to all come and lay by me too.  I can't stop laughing at times.   Coffee is great this morning.  Gonna finally get that brisket on the smoker today.  I read to let it sit in the cryovac for a week or two before cooking.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  It is 23 with just a few flakes in the air.  Breezy too.  Yesterday it hit 34 for a short while.  Slicked up the roads a little.  The guys wife that I am helping gave me a fresh loaf of bread she made.  Can't wait to tear into that.  Well you all have a great Sunday. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 24* at 1st glance today & 28* is 'sposed to be the high. :scratch: Seen a little more activity out on the bay yday & it looked like it was from a couple more of our neighbors. Been a group over at the resort since mid-week again too but I've only seen 'em out here a couple of times. A very light dusting overnight for us & a few more flakes ~ 7 when I was out. I started the sled a couple times yday & brought it up by the cabin so I could put some gas in it. 'Bout time to go get the paper, so I better roll. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........left the wild game feed about 5 last nite and just started to sprinkle. woke this morning to about an inch to inch and a half snow.. it aint going nowhere so i'll clean it up later!!!!!!!!!

gonna be a not do much day!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high around 30. Still melting out the frozen rain from yesterday, likely less than a tenth. Another set of twins born this a.m. Power was off for a couple hours after midnight. Flurries this a.m. so hafta be careful in spots. Kept the yard scraped down most of the winter pretty good so it ain't bad. Under my blankie & Ruby is napping beside me. Good idea. 😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........left the wild game feed about 5 last nite and just started to sprinkle. woke this morning to about an inch to inch and a half snow.. it aint going nowhere so i'll clean it up later!!!!!!!!!

a normal day or a hang over day???   people want to know!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

a normal day or a hang over day???   people want to know!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: no hang over!!!🤣 About done already cleaning up snow.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured that snow would be wet and heavy, but wasn't. All done.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Your wife told you this?  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
must have been his hot air!!!  drying it out!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got the tracks on the Grizzly.  I got a nice floor jack and man did it work good.  I usually use a bottle jack with 3 wood chunks under it and was wobbly as heck.  Had to be careful so it didn't fall on me.  This is much safer.  Took a practice run through our woods and started spinning out cuz the snow was so deep.  I slowed down and the tracks started gripping again and took right off.  Cooper cut across country and almost was stuck too.  He had to start lunging to get through the deep snow.  As soon as we got in the house he laid right down.  LOL  He is tired.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be a blast lps. We're trying something different here instead of buying 2 big cases of water a week we picked up 2  5 gallon jugs, put a pump on top and just rotate and refill.  Going on 2 weeks and it works pretty good,  doesn't cost much to refill and I guess we're doing our part on plastic use. Now if I could just somehow keep the aluminum out of recycling...aaw that ain't gonna happen!  :surrender:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just my opinion but buying water is a rip off. Can't remember the last time I bought water, but man that stuff flies off the shelf.

Morning fellers, off to stock shelves, then gotta take mom to the hospital for a minor procedure. Oh yippee, my favorite thing, sitting in a hospital waiting. :confused: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 6 here and hope to see 24 today..  some sun would be nice too..  Yea I don't buy bottled water either but it sure seems to sell..   I think I have real good tasting water but I have places where ya need to buy it..  even with some city water!!!  got a few things to do today, but nothing pressing...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNIN gents,

fell asleep early sat night as it was pouring rain with lighting/thunder,best sleeping pill at my house,then surprise sunday morning,4"s of heavy wet snow,so much for a lite dusting that was forcasted,glad I got everything plowed up and a couple neighbors as well as all the wet stuff is locked up this morning @15 degrees.

Last day to remove ice houses in central minn.... later this week when it warms we'll be doing lake clean-up as slob fishermen leave all they're crap on the ice over the winter,some even burn they're shanties down...hopefully we won't find to much of a mess this year as icefishing hoards were few all winter.(Bald eagle and white bear lakes)

Today's 30 degrees and sunshine will loosen and start the snow melt,it will be welcomed.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 3 above here and heading for 23 today. We had a little better action fishing yesterday so the gang was able to bring some fish home with them. Some went home last night and the other 2 left just after 4 this AM. It was a fun weekend. They left me a case of Nordeast to drink. Oh darn.  ;) We do buy bottled water mostly for camping and taking out in the fish house with us. Otherwise we have some bottles in the fridge that we just refill with tap water. We have good water too. Well back to the salt mines today. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A sunny cold morning here. It is 0 now.  We buy a case or two of water a year.  We just keep reusing the bottles until they get grungy.  We have good water here.  Have a filter in the basement and one on the frig for drinking water so we are covered.  Having java now and then off to the big city of Bemidji.  I have an eye Dr. apt.  Will do some shopping also and have a bite to eat somewhere.  Will swing in and look at that truck too.  We have been leaving Cooper out of his kennel lately when we aren't home.  So far no big problems.  He peed once but I think he did it when I got home cuz he was so excited to see me.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, seen 5* early & we may break 30* later. Pretty nice to see the sun today but that wind had some bite yday, looks to be better today. Will find :scratch: a couple things outside to do early again today. Hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I prefer our own well water. When traveling to someplace that has suspect drinking water i like do bring along a 5 gallon container made for that purpose. All the waste with bottled water bothers me.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We do that too Roons. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. No newbies this a.m. but there are about 3 getting closer. Power went off again this a.m. just after I'd dumped shampoo in my hair. Got it rinsed out & that was about it. Came back on in 5 - 10 minutes but wonder what's up after it went down Sat. nite into early Sun. a.m. The high speed internet belonging to the Pioneer boys was out when I got to work. Luckily the snail's pace service from Century Dink we still maintain was working so here we are. Getting some sunshine this a.m. Hopefully Ruby is enjoying it on her rug in front of the sliding glass doors. One of her favorite spots.  :cool: