Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903955 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers..........i need a nap!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I remember all of those names now.  It's been about 24 years since I quit working there.  I liked that area.  So does Mike Holly still work there where you are at?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  1 more stress filled work day left then one can sit back and do what one feels. We had another wrong way driver on 35 the other morning,  thank God I was just grabbing the off ramp as he went by but Bloomingtons finest got wind and blocked it off behind me, that's 3 in last few years on the way to work .. Anywho Remi our Lab goes in tomorrow to have a lump removed and he has a few but he should be fine, so looking like no fetch or strolls for him. Basement is stocked with firewood for the weekend,  hopefully soon we can start enjoying a fire outside.. See ya!!
« Last Edit: March 03/10/22, 04:46:09 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Remi!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that for sure!!!!   let us know!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that for sure!!!!   let us know!!
X3.  :happy1: extra treats when he gets home!!🤭

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents and glenn ;)  well another week is over,seems as we age times flies...

Chilly start @ 5 degrees out the door but looking forward to sunday's high forcasted of 40's if we can believe the weather man.

safe weekend to all...
« Last Edit: March 03/11/22, 08:14:53 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -2  here and might get to 5..  snow at 54 has us all whipped...  got a few things to do today, main thing is go get the short loin I ordered!!!  kind of hazy looking to the north..  but there is some wind again..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/22, 06:55:34 AM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 3 above here and that is the high for today. The wind is cranking out of the NW and blowing the fresh snow around that we got last night. Getting some drifting on the roads this AM. A couple buddies came up yesterday to fish, so hopefully they catch some fish today. Plan for the weekend will be to fish. I think on Sunday I will pull the big Ice house in for the season and fish out of the small house until the end of the month. The ice houses are starting to thin out now. Getting to be that time of the year. Ya, Barry that elk has been cool to see. I think he showed up in Warroad around 2008 or 2009 then headed over east where he has been hanging out. Well, just one more day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  3 here and windy as heck.  The dogs came in with paws up in the air as they were cold.  We keep a close eye on them in the cold.  Won't be doing much outside today.  The birds are really hitting the feeder today.  It looks like a blizzard on the river as the wind is blowing the snow around.  Can't wait for the warmup.  The round bales have snow all around them off course and the ground under them isn't frozen from all of the insulation.  Glad I got that done yesterday.  May even have a second cup of java this morning.  Be safe today and wear a hat.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 0* on 1st glance & it's lookin like we may hit ~ 10*.  :scratch: I thought it was snowin looking out at the bay early but it's just the wind blowing the light snow from yday around. TWC says we may get 1-2" tomorrow though. Going to start to warm up a little Sunday :happy1: but that NW wind will stick around 'til Tuesday, I guess. Another roll with it kind of day here, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
All of this talk about getting better mileage with your vehicles I thought I'd take a look at the air pressure in the tires of my truck and snowmobile trailer yesterday while I was tinkering around in the garage. I put air in all six of them. Over 20 psi added to two of the truck tires and almost 20 psi added to the trailer tires. I know this will make a little rougher ride, but at four plus backs a gallon even if I pick up one or two (if I'm really lucky) miles a gallon it will be it. Oh well, looks like a shower, pack a few clothes and hook up the trailer and I''m on my way Hubbard Co. for the weekend. Have a great weekend all, Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......yep one more night of bone chilling temps...........then the warmup starts........right LPS!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil: :happy1:

i figure iffin i fill up the truck with gas every time i go somewhere it wont hurt near as bad!!!!!! :evil: thinking a trip to FF is in theplans for today. make use of the 5 cents off gas coupon as long as i'm there!!!!!!! :happy1: on an extremely fixed income i need every break i can get!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good call on the tires Mark, it does make a difference!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 9 above on my way into Bugtussle heading for a high in the low teens. Windy here too but no snow to blow around. Warmup heading our way with some forecasts for Wed. talking as high as 60. After freezing our assets off doing chores this a.m., not going to hold my breath. Hope Remi came thru his surgery OK boober. Ruby has remained relatively stable as I've cut the prednisone dosage as prescribed. She still takes lots of naps and her appetite is good. Sounds like glenn!  :coffee: Well best get at it. More paperwork so no rest for the wicked.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 9 above on my way into Bugtussle heading for a high in the low teens. Windy here too but no snow to blow around. Warmup heading our way with some forecasts for Wed. talking as high as 60. After freezing our assets off doing chores this a.m., not going to hold my breath. Hope Remi came thru his surgery OK boober. Ruby has remained relatively stable as I've cut the prednisone dosage as prescribed. She still takes lots of naps and her appetite is good. Sounds like glenn!  :coffee: Well best get at it. More paperwork so no rest for the wicked.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea but i dont watch gunsmoke!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  good lord did that wind suck today, was 22 ° when I went in this morning but by 7am I needed the bibs to help out. Thanks for thinking of ol remi, he did good and he did his usual and make the staff laugh, although the golden retriever sat window side all day looking for him he's now watching over him, good dogs. That's great Dotch Ruby is doing good, sure wish they could tell us what's bothering them. Anywho fellas I'm hankering on doing not much but watching some hockey..See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: great picture boober!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: now iffin my wife would behave like that!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderful news!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Half his butt is shaved pretty good size incision,  but he musta been happy to get out cuz he liked my face most a the way home. Now I need to explain we need to go back to get the stitches out..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cooper being still real young when he got his eye done twice peed on their floor each time I went to pick him up cuz he was excited to see me.  LOL  Well any shred of weather forecasting dignity I may have held onto to as far as the wife was concerned is completely gone.  They forcasted -3 for last night and I said to the wife well at least we are done with the -20's.  Right now it is -22.   :angry2:  She is just getting up and I have coffee perking to get some kissing up in before she sees the thermometer.  She WILL say something to me too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  We were thinking of hitting the Big M today to get some ductwork for our basement.  It is a cobbled up mess and I have wanted to upgrade it for years.  I need a vent by my desk too.  May put a couple more in the house also.  Now I don't know if she will want to venture out or not.  Mayhaps wait until tomorrow.  ???  Stay warm my friends. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Oh she just looked and gave me the business.  YOU TOLD ME we were done with that.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lmao Barry!!!! Morning boys. -17 here this morning and supposed to get up to 16 last I seen. At least the wind seems to have died down. Time to get ready to head out fishing. Hoping to catch enough for a fish dinner out in the fish house tonight. We shall see. You boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck JB and have fun with your buddies.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks! 👍

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Alex plays Mahtomedi at 9 this morning and Warroad plays Hermantown at noon.  Yup our shopping trip just went tits up.  I will cut up my ribeye loin instead.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -11 here and hope to see the low 20's today..  wind isn't to bad at the moment..  got a few things to do today, one is smoke a whole chicken I got the other day at Aldi's..  looking forward to that..  glad to hear the pup is doing good Bobber!!  and good luck JB fishing!!  and LPS try to stay out of the dog house!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  have a good day all!!   :happy1: 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess our shopping trip is back on.  I will obey.