Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951740 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that Dotch!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
374.9 for regular unleaded in Bugtussle today.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Com on Dotch you can do better than "melon head" lol,bertween my limp middle finger's everyday I always come up with colorful names on my way to town every day,usually this time of year as sleepy late for work ppl speed and forget to turn headlights on,just drive with DLR's no tail lights.that's spooky right there.

On the upside sure like this warm weather today,might head out for a warm evening icefishing,crappies should be on the feed,if not got backup hobo stew.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I did get the snowmobile up to the yard this morning but the snow I have been packing on the river didn't get cold enough last night for it so set up hard like I wanted it too.  Moved the fishhouse 50' and it is stuck in soft snow.  Not to worry I am just going to let the snow melt more and move it when I can.  Lot's of ice out there.  At least the law will see I am trying.  Even after our nap which Cooper does on my lap in my easy chair he is still sleeping.  He has been getting a lot of excercise the last few day.  LOL 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya snow, we have plenty of other adjectives for the guy but since this is a family show we'll let it go at that. Just saw a guy out ice fishing on St. Olaf on my way by. Pushing 50 here now so he was sitting on a bucket outside. You got lotsa time Barry. Take another nap.. :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see the Senate just passed a bill making DST permanent. Now it needs to be voted on & passed by the House, then signed into law by the pres. I'd rather we change it back in the fall and leave it that way but I'll take anything to avoid this spring ahead nonsense. It has really messed the wife's sleep pattern up big time. She gets up in the morning, puts it in creeper gear and drops the plow in the ground then I have to pick up the slack. It hasn't done my sleep pattern any favors this time around either. Constantly waking up every few hours, looking at the clock to see what time it is and not able to fall back asleep right away. 
« Last Edit: March 03/15/22, 04:32:13 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see the Senate just passed a bill making DST permanent. Now it needs to be voted on & passed by the House, then signed into law by the pres. I'd rather we change it back in the fall and leave it that way but I'll take anything to avoid this spring ahead nonsense. It has really messed the wife's sleep pattern up big time. She gets up in the morning, puts it in creeper gear and drops the plow in the ground then I have to pick up the slack. It hasn't done my sleep pattern any favors this time around either. Constantly waking up every few hours, looking at the clock to see what time it is and not able to fall back asleep right away.
dotch the article i read on this time change thing said they are planning for 2023 due to airline schedules......... they must plan flights way out there????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered which way was going to be permanent and not even sure which way I would rather have it.  SO it sounds like we will be getting up in the dark for more of the year to have it stay light out longer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered which way was going to be permanent and not even sure which way I would rather have it.  SO it sounds like we will be getting up in the dark for more of the year to have it stay light out longer.
thats the way i understood it to!!!!! someone was babbling about crime at night, not in the morning, kids playing at night........ :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It was tried once before back in the 70's. People hated it. I don't care. Just quit messin' with the clocks is all I ask. I could see businesses changing their hours seasonally if they chose to do so. Wow! What a concept! Personal discretion rather than a government edict. People have cell phones, internet, Fakebook, etc. They ought to be able to figure it out one way or the other.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/22, 04:53:40 PM by Dotch »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I never knew changing a clock was so hard. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd much rather be on standard time year around. Like Dotch said if any individual or any business wants to change their hours they are free to do so.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've done a bit more reading on this, as Dotch mentioned they tried that back in 1973-74. Leaving it so it's darker in the morning. There where big issues with the school year and buses picking up kids.

I don't care one way or the other, but if it's safety issue like that like Roony said leave it standard time.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I'd much rather be on standard time year around. Like Dotch said if any individual or any business wants to change their hours they are free to do so.

I would rather be the other way around. Daylights Savings Time all year around. Getting light in the summer at 5:00 AM is not worth it.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,and a dandy one at that to start off "Hump Day" 42 degrees out the door,almost full wanning moon setting in the west sure lit up the sky and road this morning.

Last couple days of sun/warm temps doing a # on my snow piles,spring is springing.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

I would rather be the other way around. Daylights Savings Time all year around. Getting light in the summer at 5:00 AM is not worth it.
:scratch: :doah: That's my favorite time of the day as I usually have the lake :fishing: all to myself. :happy1: Not even the eagles & loons are awake yet, most days. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 and some light rain in the area..  hope to see 43 today...  got a run to Alex this morning to get a few things..  another nice day yesterday too!!  haven't seen any one complain about this weather!!   have a great day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36  here and heading for 39 they are saying. We shall see was a lot warmer yesterday than they predicted. All the snow on our big garage roof came down yesterday. We have steel roofs so the snow slides off when it gets warmer out. Had 3 feet of snow I had to scoop out of the driveway last night. The smaller garage was working on coming down overnight so I will have some clean up to do there when I get home. Otherwise just a happy humpday in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. But then again I do like it light out later in the evening. Or back up a 1/2 hour and call it good. Split the difference.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 36* to start & 50* is 'sposed to be the high, so we may hit 55* as much as they've been right about our temps lately. :bonk: Rinsing off the breakfast dishes before they hit the dishwasher I was looking out our kitchen window & there's a south facing slope with 8-10 big pines on that side that all have a 4-6" ring of grass showing at their base today. Some of the flowerbed we have around our wellhead over there has some black dirt & edging coming up for air too. :happy1: We're headed to GR as well, Wednesday's usually our grocery day. 'Bout it here, enjoy your day.
« Last Edit: March 03/16/22, 07:56:15 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......38 when i looked...... whats not to like about that. still water standing!!!!!!!!! plan is to head down to the union hall and see everyone.....even the administrative assistants!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

maybe toss a few snowbanks apart before i leave!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I tried posting here earlier and it would take it.  Will try again.  I too need to head to town for supplies, pay bills etc.  Better pick up some kraut for ruebens after the corned beef feast tomorrow night.   :sleazy:  Starting to see dark spots in the yard where I have been plowing as the snow melts.  So nice to finally get this weather.  I got my winch for my Ranger so can play with mounting that too.  Also go the upper brush guard for it.  Maybe a Saturday project whilst the wife is watching Hallmark. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just out back loading bird feeders,dang squrriels,noticed green weeds/grass popping up as the snowline declines."nice"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Just got done listening to a presentation about carbon credits, soil health, cow burps (& farts), etc. :bs: Glad I'm planning on winding down. Trying to keep track of all that minutiae would keep me up nights and cut into my drinking time.  :doah: Speaking of winding down, the wife was finally able to get confirmation that she's signed up for SS & Medicare yesterday. Now we'll only be getting butt jabbed thanks to Obamacare about half as much!  :cheerleader: It should also help me to have more continuity over the course of a day. This running home at noon to feed bottle lambs & checking for newbies really messes things up.   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

who you trying to kid? I  bet you baby talk those little lambies everyday....lol.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my re-supply run completed...  motion lotion for the car was still $3.99..  no major scores but did some corned beef and cabbage to cook in the crock pot tomorrow!!  maybe some taters in there too!!  it rain rain most of 2 hours or so too..  very light but still rain..  rinsed the car off some!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The sun is shining so bright it woke me up from my nap.  It is 53 here.  Gonna open the garage door to collect some heat whilst I play with my winch

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

who you trying to kid? I  bet you baby talk those little lambies everyday....lol.

Well, some of them maybe iff'n I'm in a good mood. :laugh: Funny sometimes how I think of youse guys when I go home to feed bottle lambs at lunchtime. A small bunch (~70 - 80) snows and blues happened by over the ranch but OMG, were they ever up there snow! Would've needed a Stinger missile to hit them. Thought of Barry too and his being a Dr. Pol fan. The ewe pictured is the ewe I rolled to untwist her gut per the Dr. Pol show I watched. She lambed the other day and had these two little urchins, who do little other than sleep, play and eat, which of course reminded me of glenn... :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/22, 02:21:28 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

Well, some of them maybe iff'n I'm in a good mood. :laugh: Funny sometimes how I think of youse guys when I go home to feed bottle lambs at lunchtime. A small bunch (~70 - 80) snows and blues happened by over the ranch but OMG, were they ever up there snow! Would've needed a Stinger missile to hit them. Thought of Barry too and his being a Dr. Pol fan. The ewe pictured is the ewe I rolled to untwist her gut per the Dr. Pol show I watched. She lambed the other day and had these two little urchins, who do little other than sleep, play and eat, which of course reminded me of glenn... :doah:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: