Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905044 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well got my re-supply run completed...  motion lotion for the car was still $3.99..  no major scores but did some corned beef and cabbage to cook in the crock pot tomorrow!!  maybe some taters in there too!!  it rain rain most of 2 hours or so too..  very light but still rain..  rinsed the car off some!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
its 3,79 here in cold spring. just came back form the union hall in ramsey...3.99 everywhere down that way!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to go.  The wife just walked into the front room with an atlas.  She want's to talk vacation.  I have a feeling it is not just our secret camping spot by Glenn.  Time for a cocktail and see where I am going.   :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to go.  The wife just walked into the front room with an atlas.  She want's to talk vacation.  I have a feeling it is not just our secret camping spot by Glenn.  Time for a cocktail and see where I am going.   :sleazy: :happy1:
is it a Minnesota atlas, United States Atlas, or world atlas!🙄 :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
is it a Minnesota atlas, United States Atlas, or world atlas!🙄 :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ukraine!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Ukraine!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:shocked:  :shocked: :shocked: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and heading for a high of 36 today. So iffin they are as accurate as they have been the last 2 days it should be in the mid upper 40s today. Been 10-11 degrees warmer then predicted the last 2 days. Had 50 yesterday when I left work. I went out and checked the small fish house and the breaker. All still looks good. I get to go grocery shopping after work today. Oh joy. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Can't wait to here what LPS has for vacation plans. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,once again nice 40 degrees out the door but "beware" concrete surfaces are glazed over,had to do a two step dance this morning to keep up right,otherwise I would've been like a turtle on it's back trying to get up right.

this month is flying by....youse guys drinking green beer behave.

Happy St. Patties day! At least we still have this day to celebrate...

I read biden shete canned the 4th of july fireworks again this year at mt rushmore....what a classless tool.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and hope to see 39 today..  the snow is sure taking as beating with this weather..  not  a whole lot on the agenda for today but still enough..  as for the green beer Glenn can have mine..  have a good day all!!  eat lots of corned beef!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 07:49:49 AM by mike89 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, I seen 34* early & I'm hearin 40* is the high :scratch:, so we could get close to 45* here today. With this nice weather the roads were packed with rigs lookin like they were comin up for the weekend yday. Must've been 8 pickups & trailers over at the resort by ~ 4. Got a load of clothes in the dryer already, so I better go check on them. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 07:59:11 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Java is good.  Well thank goodness it was only a MN Atlas.  LOL  We will go see my family twice this summer.  Once for my Dad's 90th birthday.  He is a super nice guy and is sad to see him getting old.  He used to always be the life of any party we had.  In a classy way.  We will go to the wife's family reunion and then her and her sisters have their annual Sister's Weekend at a different resort every year.  SO glad they do that.  AND we are going to that secret campgrounds I think on Mother's Day weekend.  SO that is 3 camper weekends and 1 will leave the dogs at home in the kennel we made last year.  We talk about getting out of our comfort mode and going somewhere else sometime.  I worry about an overcrowded place but I guess that may be part of the fun.  Meeting new people.  ???  She has mentioned those Peace Gardens in ND.  ???  With our new setup here at home with water, elec, and cable it is pretty nice right here too.  Glenn I may have a PBJ on Canada rye toast for breakfast.  So I can't believe how good that Vitamin D works.  Had only been taking it for a couple of days and the sun came out, it got in the 50's and feels like spring already.  I should have started taking them a few weeks earlier.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Kinda murky to start out but looks like the fog is lifting. Eventful last 12 hours or so at the ranch. Was able to get the electric fence up out of the one remaining snowbank so charged that. Was amazed the deer hadn't knocked it down after seeing oodles of them running thru the pasture this winter. The pond was completely thawed when checking the fence. No pussy willows yet tho. Hasn't been warm enough long enough apparently. Went outside last nite to feed the bottle lamb and I could hear the great horned owl close to the building site. Hope he ate some more bunnies. Saw they really raised hob with the chokeberries (aronia) when going around the pasture earlier. This morning we let the lambs and ewes out into the lot in front of the main barn. Was like opening a popcorn popper while it's still popping. Lambs were running & hopping all over the place. Be interesting to see if they do one of their patented track meets tonite. People stop on the road to watch them. Busy blacktop so I always tell folks to just pull in the driveway. Hate to see them have an accident. 
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 10:42:59 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

snow geese in minneswata is rare let alone in south central,I can count on on hand the few unlucky snow geese that came within shotgun range in minnesawta.As they pass up in the strosphere most often you can hear them but no visual,amazing how far that sound travels,our ecaller's we use hunting same thing I can hear the callers from 1 mile away whilst having a lunch break at the truck

So Dotch,

I hear Duran Duran  is in show at treasure island you goin?(august)

last Duran hit was like 40 years ago,boys are old... like the stones
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 11:30:09 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
80s Glam Bands had their hits when I was out carousing in my yout', but they ain't where I go now when I listen to music.

I am more apt to listen to stuff my folks listened to when I was a kid (Cash & Campbell come to mind) than any pop stuff from the 80s.  For me 70s rock is still the best.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No doubt, snows and blues aren't common in SC MN but every once in a while I see and hear some, albeit only small groups. None of the wall to wall stuff like I saw in NC ND in the fall when they'd crap all over my house. Only recall seeing them on the ground once here, back in spring of 1985, just across the road from the place where I lived at the time. Otherwise, like yesterday, they're usually up high enough so they're wearing oxygen masks.

No plans on seeing Duran Duran. That's from my early 80's era back in ND. Fun times tho. Good tunes, good booze, & good women when you could find them. Still some artists on my bucket list tho including George Thorogood. Missed him a few years ago when he was in New Ulm. Looks like he's playing Treasure Island April 30th so may have to see if that'll work. Should put the new woofers in my old Atlantis speakers while I'm at it. Sure the wife will be real impressed.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 11:51:33 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......... not sure what plans are for the rest of the day???/

LPS......mothers day weekend is fishing opener not???? my brother will be at the cabin that weekend!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You sound gassed. Long day of stocking tampons in with the fresh produce?  :scratch: Time for a nap I'd say...😉😴

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You sound gassed. Long day of stocking tampons in with the fresh produce?  :scratch: Time for a nap I'd say...😉😴
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you been watching me!!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  the snow all but gone otta the front yard, the back is 2/3 gone but its super juicey, and the dogs wonder why they can't chase a tennis ball...yet. Somehow I got talked into playing the college hoops bracket challenge ( which I know zero about) ya, I see I'm done already, note to self don't go off of seeds while picking teams.. best run See ya!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't pick IA boober!  :rolleyes:

Gas $3.59 for unleaded 88 at Bugtussle Casey's
« Last Edit: March 03/17/22, 04:55:06 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is muddy as heck here too.  Told the wife to park outside until it dries up some.  I got the fish house real close to shore where the snow is the deepest.  Feel good about that.  I have the winch on my Ranger and have power to light up the switch but no power to the winch.  Has to be a place to plug in another connection to.  I will find it tomorrow.  So we always like to do our traditional fishing opener on Mothers Day whilst staying in the camper.  This week Mothers Day is on the 8th. Opener fishing is May 14.  How about that.  Seems like they are always on the same weekend but not this year.  SO we can camp at the secret spot and the next weekend fish together here on the river. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't pick IA boober!  :rolleyes:

Gas $3.59 for unleaded 88 at Bugtussle Casey's
hope he didnt pick Kentucky either!!!!!!!!!1 :rolleyes: :shocked: :shocked: #15 knocks off #2 Kentucky!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
TGIF gents,not to bad out the door but sidewalks are slick,32degrees,pretty sure friends hehaved last night,didn't get one sober cab call...rare on st patties day/night,as we age seems alot of folks back off alcohol intake,me included,not a bad thing.

Good,safe weekend to all.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 08:02:53 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 here and hope to see 40 today..  enjoyed my corned beef supper last night and plenty of left overs too!!  got a few things done yesterday outside and some more today..  all little things but nice getting outside..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

hey Dotch was watching some Mecum auto auctions last night and seen a 1952 Nash Statesman 4 door sell for $11,500..  interesting show!!   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here and heading for near 40 again today. Gas was 3.79 in Roseau last night. Still 3.99 here in Warroad. What is gas in Baudette Barry? I could see with the binos when I got home last night that the pressure ridge out front had heave up where we were crossing. So looks like I will have some chiseling to do tonight when we get home. Would like to be out fishing early tomorrow morning. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  30 here now and that feels pretty good.  Nice that the ground stiffens up at night.  I was at the bank on Wed and noticed gas was $3.99 then.  Forgot to look yesterday.  Just going to putz around here today.  Don't even think I need to go to town.  Cooper is sure liking this weather.  He is really wound up the last few days I think due to it.  The wife just said she is worried about skunks showing up now.  I said well wack them with a stick.  LOL   She said no I mean with Cooper.  LOL  Well have a great Friday.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 33* here early & I'm seein 42* for the high. :huh: Spent most of my day outside too yday & had the county try to fill our driveway again. :rolleyes: So we'll mess with that some more today & see what happens from there. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......looks like i'll be unsupervised a few days, momma's going to the cities. her daughter had one of them tummy tuck procedures and ran into some difficulties. heard this morning though she is feeling pretty good!!!!! i get to wonder if this Kawaski's disease she had when she was10 might have something to do with it????? they did say back then they dint know any long term effects?????

HEY Dotch........watching the news the other night i thought of you!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao: during the weather report they were showing how they measure the frost int the ground. they had some tube that went in the ground filled with water?? or some fluid and it had measurements on it. it appeared like where it seems to be froze was the indication thats where the frost line was. looked like at 22 inches.

you mention the frost in your Fencelines frequently..........is this how you measure it??????? or just wing out a number!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: was interesting!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB...didn't know you lived in the roseau neighborhood...

my younger days wild n crazy hung out and hunted with the bomgardner boyz,big time hockey players back then,pretty sure one made the north stars,crazy beer drinking farm boyz.

any of them around these days? curious.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know any of those boys. I actually lives north of Williams on the lake and work in Warroad. We bank in Roseau, so every couple of weeks I go to the bank and grocery shop there too. Basically for us up here Baudette, Warroad and Roseau are our local towns. When you live up in the boonies, 30 miles is next door.  ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I know a few Boomgardens here.  Maybe not same people.