Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903737 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey JB...didn't know you lived in the roseau neighborhood...

my younger days wild n crazy hung out and hunted with the bomgardner boyz,big time hockey players back then,pretty sure one made the north stars,crazy beer drinking farm boyz.

any of them around these days? curious.
yea snow, those guys live way up there.......they probably cant see russia but they can see canada!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's about 600 yards away from me.  I see it out the window. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, you going to decoy show tomorrow? :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

my younger days wild n crazy hung out and hunted with the bomgardner boyz,big time hockey players back then,pretty sure one made the north stars,crazy beer drinking farm boyz.

yea snow, those guys live way up there.......they probably cant see russia but they can see canada!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The boyz had me come up to hunt canada geese,they worked on the farms near the refuge,I remember minnesota only had a 10 day canada goose season,my how things have changed.That refuge is right on the candian border sure had piles of waterfowl back then not sure about today tho?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Forgot my cell phone & had to make a trip back home to get it. Also have a nagging headache so hoping the drugs & coffee kick in here pretty quick. Should do some birthday shopping for the wife since she has tomorrow off. More business stuff to do too but might blow that off until next week. Ruby has slipped this week with the prescribed reduced dosage of prednisone. Need to do a consult with the vet to see if I can get another batch and possibly up the dosage. Not terribly expensive and it's not a bother to treat her relative to some of the stuff I've had to do with critters.

As far as the frost depth measurement I quote glenn, that comes from the Southern Research and Outreach Center (SROC) out of Waseca. They've been doing it for many decades. Not 100% positive about their equipment but think it involves temperature sensors buried in the soil. The soil surface is kept bare so things like snow & crop residue aren't a factor. It's handy info to know as farmers are always asking about it. It's also something I can cross reference to things going on in our own backyard such as the walk-in door frame on the barn heaving so it doesn't shut right and how closely it corresponds to frost depth when measured with an electric fencepost when I'm walking around the yard. Position on the landscape makes a huge difference. Frequently, the frost will be out on our south facing slope several days ahead of when they declare it to be out at the SROC. When the robins are pulling earthworms out of the soil, that's a clue.  :cool: 
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 10:13:58 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, you going to decoy show tomorrow? :happy1: :happy1:
  most likely, you going???
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll try to get there about 10:30 or so. That union guy coming up?
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he said no yesterday, but I don't know about today!!    :rotflmao:

might get there before that, maybe 10..  not sure.. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went down to the river to help my heart attack buddy get his house free from the ice.  It is a small 4x8 and there was 12-16" of water all around it.  We jacked it up some and now will wait for tomorrow to see if it thaws itself out.  My Muck boots which I love have a leak in them.  Man that water is cold.  LOL  They are 10 years old but in great shape.  I think they are leaking on a seam.  Anyone ever try to fix them?    Read up on it so will give you the scoop.  They say if you can find the leak use Shoe Goop.  I have some and it is great.  I will smear it all around the seams.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 10:59:19 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
he said no yesterday, but I don't know about today!!    :rotflmao:

might get there before that, maybe 10..  not sure..
I'm going to wait till I hear something from my wife later today.

There's a good chance I'm going to come up. It's only expensive gas!!🤣

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS you can fill the boot with water to find the leak too... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering about that Mike.  Would be nice to locate the leak for sure.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I was wondering about that Mike.  Would be nice to locate the leak for sure.

Take your foot out first.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you would use less water with your foot in it!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It's about 600 yards away from me.  I see it out the window.
I can see it out our living room window also. Just not as close as you though.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

The boyz had me come up to hunt canada geese,they worked on the farms near the refuge,I remember minnesota only had a 10 day canada goose season,my how things have changed.That refuge is right on the candian border sure had piles of waterfowl back then not sure about today tho?
Ya know though there is a Dan Bomgardner That has a place a few doors north of us. I have only talked to him a couple of times. Not sure if they came from the Roseau area. Wouldn't suprise me though.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Small world JB,gotta be a shoe string relly is my guess,don't recall dan from my old days,but bomgarders  had a big family up there.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got my toes on hardwater, ass on the ice, not a worry in the world, a cold beer is nice.... Life is good today, life is good today......
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 03:34:08 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 46 and sunny,  feels great. Momma must think the same since she bought everything fir blt's and pasta salad. It's been nice this week,  the manager was on vacation so the stress level was way down, ( he's young and runs as scared as it gets from the high brass) . It's funny how companies run just fine with no management but crumbles with no workers..Tells ya who's important.  Anyhow,  a box in the fridge is calling me.. See ya!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! A bit frosty this morning. A couple signs of Spring, the rhubarb is poking its head out and the neighbors are making maple syrup. The only snow around here is in the road ditches and piles. Still a foot and a half of ice I hear. Have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea the snow here is going down fast here too..  seeing some folks getting into the maple tree tapping here too..    24 now and hope to see 44 today..  got the decoy show this morning and that will be fun!!   my legs might take a beating but that's life..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here and heading for 40s today. The snow on the lake is turning into a sloppy mess. Getting ready to head out fishing. We got us a decent crossing over the pressure ridge last night. Hope it stays decent for the weekend. You boys have a good Saturday!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers gonna head up to the decoy show myself........otherwise i'd be bored to death!!!!!!!!

headed north on tuesday but that forecast for freezing rain aint what i'm liking!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: i got a good report from the guy in rapids for pokey ice conditions so that a plus. colder nights will help and if the sun stays under clouds would be a bonus!!!!!

JB......we crossing an ice ridge when we went out of zipple bay. not sure why but those amaze the hell out of me....kinda a freak of nature.....what that ice is capable of doing!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 23* @ 1st peek & lookin like the mid to upper 40's for the high. Went over to the meat raffle again last night, it'd been about a month. Knew it would be busy with the nice weather & it was. We won on the 1st board & again a little later. :happy1: Some steaks in 1, breakfast links/ bacon in the other, & my brother even won a free drink. :cool: Got a couple things in mind for early & I'll play it by ear from there. Enjoy your Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is another great day!  26 here and now they are saying up to 44.  We have a big brush pile in the pasture that we (the firebug wife and I) are going to torch today.  That will be fun.  Glad the ground stiffened up overnight.  SO with the great advice I got on my boot repair project I found a hole.  I was just going to fill it up with water, (I did take my foot out of it) and I see a hole an inch above the rubber on the neoprene that looks like a nail hole.  Probably a stick.  Will jam as much Shoe Goop as I can in it then let it dry on the boot dryer again.  Good luck fishing JB and youse other guys have fun at the Decoy Show. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 26 here and gloomy.  Gonna head over to the SIL place after a bit to help with the demo of there basement.  They have a contractor starting next week and to drop the cost he's doing the demo, shouldn't be that bad tho. Anywho,  enjoy the day gents!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I like wrecking stuff too!!! :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....30 here this morning. Heading for 42. I still have a lot of snow in the backyard. No Rhubarb till the snow is gone. Can't wait. My wife makes the best Rhubarb Tort there is.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
went over to the decoy show and met up with Glenn, we both seen and visited with some folks we haven't seen in awhile..  lots of great art work there!!!!   didn't run into Mark, Glenn says that's Mark missed out on meeting him!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

was a fun time and my legs hurt but I made it!!    :happy1: :happy1: