Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4950140 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike. Just got home from the show. Sorry didn’t get there until 10:45 or so. I did get to visit with some guys I haven’t seen in awhile, not counting you and that union guy, and only spent $90.00. Haven’t been there for a couple years but what a change from the last time I was there. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Was it a one day only show?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes one day only. 9 to 4pm.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if I remember correctly there's one in Grand Rapids once a year too... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just got home meself!!!!! as customary after going to the decoy show had to stop at Corky's in richmond!!!!!! :happy1: had 2  :toast: there then home. met some people at corky's i havent seen in a while.  now i got a cooler with beer in it chillin. looked at the fire ring...still water in it or i'd start me a fire!!!! :confused: :doah:

like Mike said, lot of awesome atr work with them decoys. seen 2 perch decoys i could of added to my mancave collection but didnt want to part with 60 or 100 bucks!!!  :doah: thought of getting a couple raffle tickets for guns, but i dont need another gun and i never win anyway!!!!1 :doah: :embarrassed:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Was 23 at choretime, 47 presently on its way to the mid-50's. An absolute "10" for a March 19th. Can recall some much uglier annaway. Got birthday shopping done for the wife, now I gotta make quick a jaunt to town quick for some add'l goodies for supper tonite. She's off having lunch with Auntie Mar Mar so I'm left unsupervised for a while yet. Some sirloin chops thawing out so need some things to fill in around the edges. Some cottage cheese sounds good... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if I remember correctly there's one in Grand Rapids once a year too...
there, little falls and perham have decoy shows!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking closer to him...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 this morning but looking for 50 today!!  a little fog this morning too..  got a few things on the agenda today but will be enjoying the weather too!!  have to start cleaning the garage up from all the clutter gathered up over the winter..  mostly cardboard so have to break that down..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  All frosty here with 19.  We had our big brush fire yesterday and it burned up real nice too.  Cooper and Buddy were in heaven with all of the meadow muffins all around them too.  Probably had big green smiles from it.  LOL  We just let them have fun.  Tipped a few and had some good tunes playing too.  Fun day.  I will check the river for more of my blocking that may be thawing out after it warms up.  Thinking ribs on the smoker now that the snowpack on the deck is gone.  Thinking deviled eggs for breakfast, was pretty darn good the last time I did them.  Well you all have a great day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, I seen 23* again early & I'm gonna guess we get a little north of 50* today. We had 48* yday here, which was a bit warmer than they were sayin. I've been working on our driveway some everyday as there's quite a bit of slush & water in a couple spots. I'm sure we'll make a trip over to the Bstore for a paper too, again today. Gonna wing it from there, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That 1 was 11/27 last year, mike.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23 here also and heading for upper 40s today. Out in the fish house before 8 this morning. Plan to fish until about lunch time then pull the house into shore. Would be nice to get one more weekend. But oh well. Weather was so nice yesterday could have just fished outside anyway. Managed to get enough fish for a meal yesterday. Ya Glenn the power of mother nature is crazy. The ice snapped the bridge in 2 that we had across the breaker. Still half frozen in. Need some more melting to get it out. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Lotsa fog but was kinda neat to see the almost Full Moon in the overnite shining over the top of it. Putz projects today including moving another round bale along with hooking up to the snow blower to put it closer to the barn rather than in the yard. Prolly tag & dock a few more lambs as well. Kinda tired so a nap is also a distinct possibility. Had a few daffodils poking thru the past couple days so looking forward to seeing more of them come up.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/22, 08:53:03 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That 1 was 11/27 last year, mike.

yea figured that and I think there is only one left until next fall...   that's in April at Perham Mn..  a national event...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......great  to be able to spend time outside!!!!!!! yard is pretty soggy though, so gotta be a bit careful. this weather there forecasting for tuesday has me a little confused......with the rain snow crap........i may leave monday after i'm done at the store??? beat the garbage weather.......

Mike........let Boar know about your cardboard........he'll come get it for his collection!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  60 and perfect outside. Momma dragged me to go cloths shopping earlier...man I hate those stores , but at least it wasn't funeral clothes but vacation stuff. So after I shopped til I dropped the hounds took us on a 2 mile stroll,  a lawn chair is calling me. I did get all the ice fishing stuff put away tho, just need to put the portable in its bag is all... See ya!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Beautiful 52 degrees out the door,first of the year robins singing up a storm this early in the morning,brought back memories of my young drinking days,coming home after a night on the town,sun coming up,robins singing...catching a couple hours of sleep before work telling myself don't do that again only to do it over the following night,lol

yesterday's sun sure knocked down the snow pack,felt good bbqing,

good day to all!
« Last Edit: March 03/21/22, 07:12:23 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here to start the day heading for 44. Was a nice day yesterday too, only seen a high of 44 but there was no wind. I fished until 11:30 then went in and got the track truck and headed back out to pull the small fish house into shore. So that is now sitting next to shore with the other one. I will pull them up in the yard later when the snow is gone off of the ramp. Looking at the forecast for this coming weekend I could have just as well left the small house out for another week. Showing 25 for a high now this coming Saturday. Well, back to the salt mines for another lovely week. You boys have a good one.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....42 balmy degrees here this morning. High mid 50's. Love this melting 24 hours a day. Still have snow in the yard.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 here and going for 54...  some wind too this morning..  darn internet was down this morning to start the day..  life in the boonies!!!  at least the coffee is good!!!    have a good day all!!     :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 39* in the early & they're sayin 47* will be the high. We found 4-5 :deer: along side the road on our way back from getting the paper yday. Had to stop & lay on the horn in order to get 'em to move. Had quite a few out on the bay yday by 2:30-30 & a few were even out there 'til 8:30 or so. Starting to get this end of our driveway free of snow. :happy1: :cool: I've got a couple things goin outside, so I'll start there again. 'Bout it here, hope your Monday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I read yesterday on Accuweather and they are still saying that we are in a 4-8" snow warning from today until Wed.  Well I hope it comes down as rain and cleans things up some.  Sure don't need snow.  Can't plow with it mushy out.  The driveway is actually starting to dry up some. Got my heart attack buddies house out of the hole it was frozen in yesterday.  My boot didn't leak.. :happy1: :happy1:  I may start a fire in the garage and mess around out there some today.  I have to install my remote control for the winch as it arrived.   :sleazy:  I may have found a 48" diameter used culvert that I have my eye on for raised garden beds.  I could torch 7 34" high rings out of it.  I saw some near Wadena that looked like a great way to garden.  These are rusty but mayhaps I could paint them anyway.  Will have to see if they are available.  No hurry on them though.  Plenty of time yet.  Well it is going to be scrambled eggs with cheese, onions, and the rest of the corned beef for breakfast.  I wonder if kraut would work too.  LOL  Well you all have a great spring day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if that culvert is galvanized take care how you cut it!!  if you use a torch it can give off of some nasty gaes if I remember correctly!!!   and don't cut it indoors then either...   if I'm wrong someone will correct me, it's what I was told... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy if that snow comes down as all rain LPS we could have a lot of flooding with all the snow that is out there yet. Mike is correct about cutting the galvanized too. Sawsall with a metal blade might be the better option. Or wear a respirator.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are so right Mike.  I worked as a welder in a plant right out of high school and we were all getting flu like symptoms.  Found out it was the galvanized metal. They installed exhaust fans finally.  Was before all of the safety things we have now.  It will be big and heavy so will be an outside project for sure.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LP, your breakfast sounds like mine,up early,made one egg over medium,slice of smoked ham and a slice of cheese for a sammy on the road,great way to start the day.

Finally giving my furnace a break today,shut it down,been a long cold winter it needs a break and so does my check book (heating costs up 150%)

This and no more yard security lights on,shut down the garage heater saturday,even driving under the speed limit to conserve on fuel costs,but thats me the old fart on the road going 55mph.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 and overcast at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Rain forecast heading in overnite into tomorrow then mess around and snow Wed. We shall see. Be nice if the rain washed all the salt and sand off the road. Would entertain thoughts of getting the Stude out if that was the case. Got another bale moved into the main barn lot yesterday. Sheep tore into it like they'd never seen hay before. Looking at their guts, I know better. Also got the snow blower moved out of the yard and back down by the barn. It was time before I had to start mowing around it. Maybe after glenn is done stocking condoms in with the baby food he could give you some pointers Barry. :happy1: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: afternoon fellers.... :sleazy: I'm in deer river.  :happy1: get hear before the crappy weather.

As boober would say ... See ya.... Got places to go and things to do!! :smoking: :evil:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here and about 1/2" of fresh snow this morning. Sounds like the snow is heading more East of us. Like Dutchy's way. Supposed to get up to 38 here today. Looking cooler for the weekend. Which of course now that I don't have a fish house out there. Cut and loaded firewood into the wood shed last night. Nothing like Dotch's chore list though. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.