Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902127 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: quit talking about dogs. :banghead: :banghead: :moon: :rotflmao: making me miss that big bonehead of mine. :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

should have taken him with ya!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
On & off :snow5: squalls here all day, didn't amount to much though. We cleared most of it, most everyone else didn't. No plows on our road yet, either.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
On & off :snow5: squalls here all day, didn't amount to much though. We cleared most of it, most everyone else didn't. No plows on our road yet, either.

makes for fun driving!!!    :thumbs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We went to HH @ Riley's & the blacktop was fine. :happy1: They had a retirement party & the place was hoppin, they even had to call in some extra help. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/23/22, 07:13:39 PM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thats good!!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here and heading for the upper 40s today. There is a glow to the east this morning. Da sun is getting earlier. Sounds like some rain coming in tonight then turning over to snow. Looked like we may get an inch or 2 by tomorrow. They are showing a high of 19 for Saturday and then below zero over night. Barry, WTH???  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Well just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and hope to see 45..  less wind today to so far..   sounds like the wind will be back tomorrow.. going to St. Cloud this morning so that will be an adventure..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Now a lot going on today, yesterday I got three pounds of jerky made and 116 drumsticks into vacuum bags so that's done. I thinks I'll clean my room and make the Mrs. happy and then my banquet co-chair is coming over after lunch to tag and list all of the goodies for our MDHA banquet next month so that'll be done. Later..... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya what is up with this weather.  We all may have to double up on our Vitamin D boys.  Do not confuse it with your stool softeners though.  LOL   My heart attack buddy called last night and due to slush he never did get his little fishhouse pulled a mile upriver to his house.  When it crusts over I will just pull it over here to my place.  Then we can put it on a trailer for him once the snow melts.  We are seeing some green grass around trees now.  Still lots of snow though.  Well it is a great big wonderful world out there so enjoy it!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 29* early & we may make the mid-40's. The fresh snow has our herd :deer: of 5 on the move already as the were out on the bay ~ a1/2 hour ago. We're headed to GR early today as we never made yday. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya what is up with this weather.  We all may have to double up on our Vitamin D boys.  Do not confuse it with your stool softeners though.  LOL   My heart attack buddy called last night and due to slush he never did get his little fishhouse pulled a mile upriver to his house.  When it crusts over I will just pull it over here to my place.  Then we can put it on a trailer for him once the snow melts.  We are seeing some green grass around trees now.  Still lots of snow though.  Well it is a great big wonderful world out there so enjoy it!!!

Gee LP,you are sure making use of your new toy,good mojo help out your neighbor.As I age I  find myself helping out the less fortunate myself,whether it's my neighbor or an older phyiscally challenged person loading groceries in grocery store parking lot,gas station pumping fuel etc.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. .02" of precip at the ranch and .06" in Bugtussle. Snow was largely melted by the time measurements were taken.

Sad day at the ranch. After having a good day yesterday, things took a sudden turn for the worse overnite for Ruby. By this morning we made the decision to have her put to sleep. She did chores last nite and we played ball along with her "growling game". She didn't want to go down to the barn for morning chores & struggled again to get back in the house as she had a couple times last nite. It was time. Could see it in her eyes. We knew it and she knew it. Surprised she lasted as long as she did given the speed the tumor was growing. House was pretty empty when I got home. Won't be the same anytime soon without her greeting us at the door that's for sure. Photo is from last Saturday when she was supervising my grilling. And yes, I let her lick the plates. 🥰

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss Dotch,ain't gonna lie,this kinda choked me up after 6 pups myself it was
 always a hard choice to make ,losing a family member is always hard and never easy,but in the end you made the right call Dotch as you know,she had a great life,made great memories for you and family.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no Dotch.   I have tears in my eyes too and will be thinking of Ruby all day.  SO sad!!  What a wonderful friend she was and still is.  My condolences to you my friend!!!  Hardest thing in the world to do but it is for them!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Hardest day ever when I had Pup put down. She always was there, didn't matter my mood or what kind of day I had, she was there. Didn't take much to make her happy either, pat on the head, scratch behind the ears, ride in the truck or boat.

Thoughts are with you on this tough day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear Mark, I know how you feel. I've been without my Frieda since July.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dand sure sorry to hear that Mark..  thoughts and prayers to you and the Mrs.   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about Ruby.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about Ruby Dotch, very sad day for sure.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about Ruby Dotch.. Sad day for sure. Like others it made me tear up too.  :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the pot of chili simmering and HH just started.  The first toast is to Dotch and Ruby!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news dotch, she lived a great life on the ranch. She Became a celebrity in so many ways, keep your chin up our friend,  she might be gone but never forgotten.. Sorry.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Man Dotch I feel your pain. So sorry.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
My condolences, Dotch. Those are tough decisions to make. Take solace in remembering all the good days you had with her.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
TGIF!  March is apporaching the finish line,cooling down today and blustry it sounds like,hopefully no more snow,but in minnsewta one never know's until may,even then?Spent many walleye opener in cold,snow flurry days on mille lacs over the years.

have a safe weekend .
« Last Edit: March 03/25/22, 06:54:01 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 27 here and really windy. The temp is just going to continue to fall all day. Just keeps getting colder for the weekend. Now it is showing 17 for a high for both Saturday and Sunday. Down to -6 overnight Saturday. Have  a few flurries this morning. I am actually hoping that we get an inch or 2 of snow. Some friends are coming up fishing this weekend and we are planning to take snowmobiles across the lake. They do not have scratchers and everything is going to be rock hard tomorrow. Those liquid cooled sleds don't like that. So a little lose snow would be helpful. Well one more day in the salt mines. Have a goo one boys.

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much going on today, probably get some things together to stuff some ground pork on Saturday and put my shooting stuff together to do Pequot Lakes on Sunday. Just going to "wing it", later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Thinking of you and Ruby Dotch.
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and windy!!!  might see 36 today..  got a few things going on today but have to limit the outside stuff I'm thinking..  got my run to St. Cloud completed and got my made in the USA boots from red wing boots...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cold and windy here today.  I need to run to town for a few things and then back home to just stay warm and out of trouble.  The ice on the river looks darker today.  Still lots of ice though.  I see open water is getting closer to Birchdale.  Snow I have a Grizzly 660 with tracks on it.  That is my get the fishhouse off workhorse that I use.  No tracks on the Ranger.  Yet.  lol  I wouldn't be able to do it all without the Grizzly.  Packs the snow down well so I can pull across it.  The chili turned out great.  I woke up last night and wanted some then but just rolled over and went back to sleep.  Took a drive up to the lake yesterday.  Also went over to the Rapids.  Water is flowing but no big deal yet.  Youse all have a great Friday.  Enjoy those boots Mike. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin, boys, 33* here & that will the high too. Lots of wind & some really light snow as well. Sorry to hear about your 4-legged friend, Dotch. :sad: There was open water at the Cutfoot bridge on Mn 46 yday when we went to town. I was messing around out in the garage after we got home & I hear somebody pullup in the drive, it was glenn. We visited for a 1/2 or so & he headed back to his place to see what his brother was up to. No more now, have a good 1.