Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905693 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Nice warm glow to the east as the sun is waking up,sounds like a nice warm day to start the weekend,thank goodness.

Be safe if traveling.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! Yup getting more glow to the east in the mornings. 20 here to start the day and heading for 50 they say. Only supposed to be 36 and windy here tomorrow. I will do some ice fishing of sorts this weekend, just not sure how much. I have had a cold all week. So, I may take it easy this weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It took only nine shots to get my 17 with a new scope on it dailed in at 25 yards. Need to get to a 100 yard  range to see what I can do with it. Got five pounds of beef/venison to mix up for jerky today for the dehydrator tomorrow. Or than that hopfully watch some snow melt today and do garage things. It's Friday there be a beer or two involved. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 here and hoping for the 40's today!!   wind seems to have gone down too..  got a few things going on today so it will be busy enough for me...  darn colds suck JB!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Da wife and I were going to go to a funeral this afternoon, but decided maybe we should since we both sound terrible. Better safe than sorry. A buddie's mom passed away just a year after his dad passed away. She was only 68 too. He has had a ruff year.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn sad news there, sorry for your friends loss....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Da wife and I were going to go to a funeral this afternoon, but decided maybe we should since we both sound terrible. Better safe than sorry. A buddie's mom passed away just a year after his dad passed away. She was only 68 too. He has had a ruff year.

Gee JB, not a good start to the weekend,tough deal for your buddy....So you have the crud?covid?Good idea to isolate.get well.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Too bad about your buddies Mom JB.  My Mom and Dad say that when one goes they hope they both go at the same time.  Would be lost without each other.  My Dad will be 90 in August.  Gonna be a great day.  I will hit the grocery store which is fun for me.  Pay some bills and get the wood splitter in the garage to pimp it out some.  I like to watch Youtubes of splitters.  There is a Splitter wars 2020 with 7 guys doing a face cord of wood with their splitters.  Can watch each one seperately.  All different types of them.  I see two upgrades I can incorporate to mine.  I may paint mine this summer too.   :sleazy:   SO have a great day all of youse!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see the racing strips and flame paint job already!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, I seen 12* early & we're headed for the upper 40's later. Pretty quiet everywhere we went in GR yday, thinkin cuz it was the end of the month. Did see 5-6 rigs comin north lookin like they were goin to try :fishing: though. Made record time too as we were back here by a little after 11. A few outside things in mind for early today & we'll go from there. Enjoy your Friday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Gee JB, not a good start to the weekend,tough deal for your buddy....So you have the crud?covid?Good idea to isolate.get well.
Ya, just the seasonal crud. We sound worse then we feel. Really stuffy.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......lookin to be a good day to get outside. gonna go to the house of bargains to get some goodies, its 11 % rebate days again at menards!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

thinkin its campfire later this afternoon, seen i have a scheduled physical monday so thunk about not having any beer, but that thought went away quickly!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

goal next 2 days is to get winter/summer stuff moved around!!!!!!!!!

JB sorry to hear about your buddies parents!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

my wife came down with it a couple days ago to......she best not give it to me either,,,,, :tut: :tut:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

my wife came down with it a couple days ago to......she best not give it to me either,,,,, :tut: :tut:
Hopefully you do better than me. My wife gave it to me.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he will give her a big kiss and get it from her!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 and sunny at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. More scanning tax stuff today and I should be done with that project. Sorry to hear about your buddy's folks JB. Hope yer feeling better too. I feel OK. Spring is in the air so I made a trip to roony's under the cover of darkness and put a couple dozen wren houses out in his grove! 😉

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
he will give her a big kiss and get it from her!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: nope....i invoked a no contact order AND social distancing!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: and this afternoon i'll be taking preventive medicine like dotch does!!!!!! :tequila; :drinking:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 and sunny at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. More scanning tax stuff today and I should be done with that project. Sorry to hear about your buddy's folks JB. Hope yer feeling better too. I feel OK. Spring is in the air so I made a trip to roony's under the cover of darkness and put a couple dozen wren houses out in his grove! 😉
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: what are friends for!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
That marketing coup by Menards is amazing. It's like a introductory deal from the local crack dealer on the corner. "Hey buddy...come buy some of my stuff at regular price & i'll give ya a little something extra if you come back tomorrow."

TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
At least Menards 11% rebate isn't as addictive to me as Kohl's Cash is to my wife.  :angel:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: what are friends for!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bring 'em on!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That marketing coup by Menards is amazing. It's like a introductory deal from the local crack dealer on the corner. "Hey buddy...come buy some of my stuff at regular price & i'll give ya a little something extra if you come back tomorrow."
i dont totally disagree with you dutchy. i've done some research, a lot actually, comparing prices like say at runnings and FF. most things i buy are close in price. i could buy my dog food at the store i work at, but its 3 bucks a bag more.  its not like i go and buy things i dont need or wont use. 

alot of it is i'm a 1 store shopper......i dont drive to 4 different stores to get what i need. i hate that!!!! its no different then say getting my favorite brand of brown juice and getting a $3.00 rebate or my favorite beer....getting 3 cases to get a $15.00 rebate. its something i'm going to use anyway!!!!!

yea a rebare is something different then what menards does, in the fact these booze rebates are cash back, i hear it from my stepdad all the time, whereas you need to go back to menards and use it at there store...........but its not like i'm not going back to get something later.

i look at it this way, we use tide laundry detergent....menards is cheaper then cashwise off the self, so using menards rebate we get the detergent free!!!! no different then what holiday does with there gas coupons, or FF's gas coupons when you purchase something in there store.........it brings you back to the store to spend more momey!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Arkansas was beautiful. The trees were in full bloom. The birds were singing. People were fishing open water. Best of all I never saw one dang wren.
It is one heck of a long time to be driving though.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so how's your Mom roony??   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
so how's your Mom roony??
Doing ok. It wasn't as bad as my nutty sister made it out to be. Thanks for asking.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a couple years since I shopped menards,but about due soon,in order to get your 11% rebate do you still need to mail in your cash rec'pt?,that's the down side iffin they still require this.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a couple years since I shopped menards,but about due soon,in order to get your 11% rebate do you still need to mail in your cash rec'pt?,that's the down side iffin they still require this.
well not necessarily the cash receipt, they also give you a "rebate receipt" that's sperate from the cash receipt. And you fill out a rebate form. Pretty simple.

My rule of thumb is the rebate has to be more then 3 bucks. There are mail in by dates involved but you can send more than one rebate receipt in at one time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well.............someones weekend started out really crappy.  :shocked: on my way into st cloud, well menards, coming into waite park over in the west bound lane there were not one but 3 stearns county sheriff cars that had a car pulled over. one in front 2 in the back, and they where parked in tight!!!!! when i got close the sheriff cars back door was open, thinking someone got a ride to da clink.  :doah:

in the meantime a 120 bucks later, I'm back home. so its off to load the cooler with medicine, start that fire and puttz outside!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

ahhhh life is good!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: oh and listen to some good old fashioned rock and roll!!!!!!!! :rocker; :rocker; :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :dancinred:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This was earlier today. :happy1: of course I won't be showing my tatties  :sleazy: like an unnamed member, ahem  :doah: :nerd: :sleazy: the owner. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: it's snowing now!🙄

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  36 at the moment headin for close to 50 they say. Went and looked at 2 townhouses with the whipper snapper yesterday and she's gonna put an offer on one, the market is otta hand right now so I'm sure she'll be in a bidding war. Gonna head off to FF after a while to get our fishin license and a few other things and I'm sure a swing thru grocery store. Nice fire Glenn!   See ya!!