Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4941887 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Buddy told me it was 85 a year ago. I haven't checked to see if he's full of beans.

I hope you didn't bet him... :whistling:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/183tVP52PmrocYyDrA3oThy_-mnUJn5pZ/view

Granted, their temperature data is from the previous 24 hrs. as I believe the disclaimer on the SROC homepage says. I remember that stretch of warm weather last year. We'd gone on a cruise Easter Sunday and wound up in Waterville at a bar. They had the doors open and we were swatting flies to keep them off our burgers. The thermometer in the Studebaker wasn't working but recall it reaching 80 on the high-low thermometer at home. We also had a lamb born that day. Bunny.

That's one thing handy about the weather data from the SROC or even the rainfall data we collect here. If someone wants to argue about it, they're gonna lose!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Forecast says another snow event coming next Wednesday and Thursday. What is it with those 2 days?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Says 33 degrees here this morning. Ground is white again, driveway is black. I've got four more oil changes to do if it would warm up some. Got two of them done on Monday. Otherwise I'm staying inside where it's warmer and dryer today. Have a great day all. later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It's turdy and very vindy here dis morning. Some snow coming down too. For as much as it has snowed here it has not piled up thankfully. Just north of us in Canada they were shutting down the highways. Roads are ice covered this morning. I was thinking about having a kicker motor put on our boat this spring. Checked with the local marine dealer and he found out it will take 6 months to get a motor from Yamaha. Yikes. Well boys, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here too and some white stuff here too..  might go up 1 degree they say and a chance of more snow too..  only seen one car in the ditch yesterday so folks were driving ok...  today not much going on so just roll with the day..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

made past hump day just fine,really dumping out this  morning,at 32 degrees it might get ducey on the road during rush hour...

FYI... It's national beer day so we have that goin for us. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cold and windy as heck here.  Can hear it howling.  SUCKS!!!  We have a narrow channel of open water in the middle of the river this morning.  Just saw the first seagull of the year.  Other birds are flying around down by the water too.  Gotta figure out how to brighten up the day.  Maybe take the boys for a drive. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
30 degrees here this morning. Winter is back. Sad thing is they are forecasting more snow next Wed.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31* @ 1st peek & 35* looks to be the high. Had some early light snow already too & they're sayin we could get another 2" today. It must've been at least that yday, maybe even 3", before it warmed up enough to switch over to a light rain. Nothin urgent on the list for today, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
30 degrees here this morning. Winter is back. Sad thing is they are forecasting more snow next Wed.

so Ken what did DL end up with for snow total??

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like about 8 total.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 & light snow at choretime rising to a high around 36. .06" of combined precip melted out at the ranch & .13" in Bugtussle. Another damp dreary day. Forecast temps for the weekend that were in the 50's & 60's have been ratcheted down to the 40's & 50's with SE wind gusting to 30 mph again for Sunday. Better prune trees on Saturday I guess. Looks like more rain moving in Tues. thru Thurs. OK because we can use it. It'll give farmers something else to gripe about other than it being too dry!  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like about 8 total.

that's more than enough.... 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bought a new toy. Kinda spendy but between the yard, the woods, and the fence lines it will come in handy. Not nice enough to play today though.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
What is that? A looooong chain saw?

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Pole pruner with 12 inch bar. I should be able to reach nearly 16 feet when fully extended. I need to purchase a harness to help support it so it doesn't crash down when cutting through something way out there.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice toy roony!!!    :happy1:  I have an electric one too.. gets me by for the small stuff I have to do..
« Last Edit: April 04/07/22, 11:13:13 AM by mike89 »

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve got a 10” Remington electric. They do come in handy.   They do get unwieldy when they are fully extended.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice tool Roony.  I also have a cheap Remington electric one that works pretty good.  Not near as nice as yours Roony. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony gets all the cool toys!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony gets all the cool toys!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:
But an 06 truck. :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice roony,agreed " you get all the cool toy's"  lol

I've got the stihl version,very handy,down side on mine is the bar oil rez,leaks like a beech if I lay it down,new gasket same,oh well I add bar oil on work days,have fun.

One thing happens when we up grade to these power toys,all the extra work/trimmings next thing ya know you got a huge pile of tree limbs/bushes.
« Last Edit: April 04/07/22, 01:37:56 PM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang wind is still kicking up and now it's snowing..   could be interesting driving I'm thinking...   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks nice enough to borrow roony... :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just let me use it first.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.........nap time!!!!!!!!! i got tired just looking at roony's new toy!!!!!!1 :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking at the weather channel I may have to spend some more time in the basement cleaning today. Looks like tomorrow may be a good day for a brush pile fire if not too windy, we'll see. Can't wait for the yard and driveway to new garage to dry up. It's a mess. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 here and might touch 40 today...  it's not as windy this morning either..  that's good by itself...  just going to go with the flow today, so have a good day all!!    :happy1: