Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952505 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here will get in the low 40's I think.  Spring is still having a hard time fighting it's way in.  Still sloppy here too so that narrows down what I can do.  Will just have to relax and take it easy.   

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
28 here this morning. Going up to mid 40's. Ground is still pretty much white here.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! Like LPS said 24 this morning and heading for 40 today. Winds are down this morning and the skies look clear. Any more open water out front Barry? This is the last full weekend of walleye season up here, so I will be out fishing somewhere on the big pond. Looking like a nice day tomorrow. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Looks like a few up n early this morning to kick start the weekend,this snow can stop any day now,32 degrees out the door,hopefully we get the clearing skies later today and the 50's forcasted for saturday.

« Last Edit: April 04/08/22, 08:21:13 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My guess would be that there is a 30-40 yard wide opening in the middle of the river JB.  Chunks of ice are moving down stream too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 25* here & shootin for the low 40's, I guess. We're headed to GR in today as we need a few things & are scheduled to get our boosters. No more now, have a good day!!   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Coating of snow this morning. Going to the recycling center after a bit with the warden. No, I'm not recycling her.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A big shelf of ice just started moving doubling the size of the open water on the river.  Still a long ways to go to get to my shoreline.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........nice to see the sun again. gonna get outside for a while........this head cold is relentless. with all the moisture i'm sure the bird feeders need to be cleaned out.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. .13" of liquid equivalent precip at the ranch & .18" in Bugtussle. ~ .3" of snow at both locations so it's all white again. Sun's coming out so that won't last long. Was informed yesterday that I need to harvest more pussy willows. They blew thru most of the 5 gallon bucket I harvested last Sunday already. Don't come down here & die or you might end up with the fruits of my labor on yer casket spray. :doah: Otherwise, just got done proofing and editing another literary masterpiece for the spring ag edition in the local paper. Usually cause for celebration the evening's after such accomplishments. Kinda fun articles to write tho as I learn a lot digging up all the data and statistics on articles like this. Been following a Ukrainian market analyst on Twitter since last fall. She's extremely intelligent & easy to understand. Was able to use a lot of info she provided. And she ain't ugly either!  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the wind is back...  but no snow!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. .13" of liquid equivalent precip at the ranch & .18" in Bugtussle. ~ .3" of snow at both locations so it's all white again. Sun's coming out so that won't last long. Was informed yesterday that I need to harvest more pussy willows. They blew thru most of the 5 gallon bucket I harvested last Sunday already. Don't come down here & die or you might end up with the fruits of my labor on yer casket spray. :doah: Otherwise, just got done proofing and editing another literary masterpiece for the spring ag edition in the local paper. Usually cause for celebration the evening's after such accomplishments. Kinda fun articles to write tho as I learn a lot digging up all the data and statistics on articles like this. Been following a Ukrainian market analyst on Twitter since last fall. She's extremely intelligent & easy to understand. Was able to use a lot of info she provided. And she ain't ugly either!  :happy1:
so Dotch....... what kind of incentives are you paid fer your fruits of your labor!!!!!!  :scratch: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I get to sleep in the house! 😴  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Otherwise out with the sheep???? :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Do they snore???  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/22, 02:59:26 PM by KEN W »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nah, I sleep in the tractor. That way I got heat & tunes. The fuel is non-taxed too!  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You always get all the fancy tractors.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 now and shooting for 50 today!!!  looked to me like lots of folks out enjoying the sun yesterday!!  I'll bet many more today!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 to start the day here and heading for mid 40s today. I will be out enjoying the sun on the lake today. Better remember the sun screen. Hope you are getting over that head cold Glenn. Ours has lasted about 2 weeks now. Time to make some coffee and some breakfast. Thinking some french toast so we can try the homemade maple syrup a friend sent us this week. Have a good one boys.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
31 here this morning. Trying for upper 40's this afternoon. Rain all day tomorrow. Big snow event next week. Enough of this stuff.  :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We are having coffee and watching big chunks of ice floating down river.  I shoveled the floating dock off yesterday to hurry spring up some.  Will walk down today and check out the river's progress.  Last year the water in spring was so low that we had to wait a few weeks for rain so the river came up so we could turn the dock as it was sitting in mud.  Don't think it will be a problem this year.  Cooper is doing his growl grumble to get Buddy up so we let him outside.  lol  Got the tracks off of the Grizzy yesterday.  Also swept the whole garage out.  Looks great.  Well my brothers and I bet on the Masters every year.  I have Dustin Johnson and my youngest brother has Justin Thomas.  Our third brother is out already.  Makes it more fun.  I really appreciate the green grass more when it is so white here yet.  Well you all have a good day. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 and clear as a bell heading for a high around 50. Filled all the bird feeders and plopped a round bale in the lot last nite so I'm playin' with the lead. Today, a feed run on tap along with harvesting more pussy willows. Could finish the last apple tree, prune the pears and anything else that gets in my way but gotta save some for seed.  :cool:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Going to be a big melting day here in International Falls.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 21* @ 1st peek here & they're talkin 50*, maybe. :happy1: :cool: Kind of busy in the big city yday, especially Aldi's & WM pharmacy. Still back here by ~ 1. The wind was a bit cool out here though, still can't complain. Cooler & wetter tomorrow, I hear. Got a couple little things to get me outside to start today & we'll play it by ear from there. Hopin you enjoy your Saturday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....JB.yea feeling a bit better........i'm gonna try and kil the rest this afternoon with  :toast: and a  :campfire:  :rotflmao:

momma headed to the doc yesterday.she has a sinus infection........AND NO......i didnt get it from Nancy!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 this morning and hoping for the upper 40's and some rain they say..  more rain in the forecast too...  but Thursday looks to be interesting with the forecast...   we can only wait and see...    got a few things to do today..    have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Snow took a real beating here in International Falls yesterday. Nice warm sunny day, loved it. This morning is cloudy & windy and they are talking rain most of the day. That will work on the snow some more and also clean things up a bit around here. Gonna be a cowboy movie day and watch the Twins day here today.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and maybe make 40 today. Talking rain here too this afternoon and night. Fishing was terrible yesterday. Couldn't buy a fish. Caught 1 little dink Sauger and a jumbo perch. Tried 4 or 5 different spots. I was going to go out this morning, but decided to sleep in. Not sure if I will go out later or just say I am done for the winter season. Well, you boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Pretty dark cloudy day here.  Did a few walks yesterday and can feel it so I need to do it more often.  We are going to do what Dutch is doing today.  Relax and watch the tube.  Masters, Twins and what else looks good.  Took a rack of ribs out to put on the smoker today too.  Fun Sunday activity. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 36* here too & we may sneak just past 40*. I seen 52* late yday here. :happy1: :cool: The rain that's comin will put the hurt on our remaining snow, I hope. I did see 1 guy on a sled out on the bay :fishing: from ~ mid AM-mid afternoon. The neighbor's youngest was up to pick up his Ice Castle so I chatted with him a bit yday early too. Not much in the plans..............so far, have a good day.