Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904117 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
36 here this morning also. Been raining for awhile. Supposed to rain pretty much most of the day. Really needed it. Everything is so dirty from the snow melt. Looks like mostly rain on Wed and Thurs.

Western ND supposed to get 10-20 inches of snow on Wed. and Thurs.

Needs to dry off then so I can rake off the snow mold on the lawn so it doesn't kill the grass.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.....feeling pretty good today.....its not completely gone but..........not sure what the days gonna bring...maybe a gummer..mikey kinda day!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

sure felt good to spend most of the afternoon outside yesterday!!!!! :happy1: hd some beer..burnt some wood!!!!!!! got some things done!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high around 60. SE wind 14 mph gusting up to 21. Got up to 50 yesterday so the consolation prize was it made it out of the 40's. Think I got pussy willow harvest done at least until the male bushes kick in. They're slower to come out probably so their timing is right when the females flower. Pruned some on the pear trees yesterday so should be able to finish those and the remaining apple tree. After chores, raked a 4" blanket of leaves off the crocus and tulips. No surprise they haven't done squat. They should come to life quickly with the warmer temps and rain on the way. 
« Last Edit: April 04/10/22, 08:03:48 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 40 and sunny at the moment.  Been wanting to put some grass seed down and I think I will with the up coming forecast,  started a 6.5 # brisket flat at 6:30 this morning hoping it'll be done by 2 or so then it can rest for awhile.  I also hafta fire up the pellet grill fir 5 # of jerky,  I'd imagine a few lattes will be harmed!! Best run...See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 40 and sunny at the moment.  Been wanting to put some grass seed down and I think I will with the up coming forecast,  started a 6.5 # brisket flat at 6:30 this morning hoping it'll be done by 2 or so then it can rest for awhile.  I also hafta fire up the pellet grill fir 5 # of jerky,  I'd imagine a few lattes will be harmed!! Best run...See ya!!
last summer i killed off my horseradish patch here at home, so i gotta plant grass myself, but a bit leary about doing it right now? :scratch: :scratch: i like to put 10-10-10 down with it and currently dont have any plus i still got frost along the neighbors fenceline into my garden area!!!! :scratch: :doah:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 here to start heading for mid 40s today. Sounds like the chit will be starting here tomorrow lasting into Thursday. Talking like 8 plus inches of snow here. I scraped all the snow and ice off of the ramp yesterday afternoon and pulled both fish houses up into the yard. So they are on dry land now. Well, just another day back in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good monday mornin...Happy "national pet day",do0n't know about you guyz but it's always "pet day" at my house.

Geez JB,,,,8"s of snow! must have a bunch of norkis up your way praying to the great "uller god",god of snow.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
This boy isn't praying to the snow gods. More rain would be good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here and hope to see 50 today...  got some freezing rain/snow last night..    just a good dusting for this one..  and yup it's going to change here too starting tomorrow..  going to have to get some postage stamps this week too, I always get the forever one's..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
35 here this morning. The biggie is on the way. A foot possible here by Friday. A lot of ND could get a foot. But some isolated areas could get.....are you ready for this.....up to 3 FEET. Blizzard conditions. Basically depends on how much rain first. Welcome back winter.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 07:10:03 AM by KEN W »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  32 here at the moment.  It is muddy as heck and I am tired of wiping the dogs down.  Cooper is sitting right next to me giving me the I want to go outside Dad look. It rained all day here yesterday.  A light steady rain.  After a few hours of it I put out the rain gauge.  It is sitting between .25 and .5 this morning.  We don't need any snow.  I will take rain first too.  Those puddles that disappeared a couple of weeks ago must have evaporated.  They are even bigger now and don't seem to be soaking in so must still be frost out there.  Still have some snow where I plowed and where it drifted deeper.  Glad I got bales out to the horses before this rain got here. I will pound my chunk of rerod into them and see if it speeds up the frost out.  It does work sometimes. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess I missed the forcast,friends near bismarck are all tuned up with 15-25"s forcasted next thursday...as bad as the dakota's need moisture,bad timing "calving season".

Ground out there is half thawed,last check frost free down to 22"s the still rock solid 22-44"s

we'll see how this plays out here,but dropping my plow,putting the snow blower in storage it surely will dump on us.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 33* @ 1st peek & we headed for the upper 40's. Only a little light drizzle here yday but there's about 1" of new snow on the ground this AM. I'll be starting to gather a few things as we're headed home for Easter on Wednesday. Only planning on staying a week or so but we'll see. No more now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 36 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Topped out at the ranch about 62 yesterday. Was so blasted windy until later afternoon I didn't get to pruning the apple & pear trees until ~4-ish. Got 'em done tho!  :happy1: Supposed to turn ugly for about a week with temps struggling to get over 45. Rain then some mess around type snow. That forecast sounds awful Ken. It pulled that stunt the last April I lived up in ND. Came into my office at the co-op in Rolla that morning. Was tucked back in a cubbyhole with no windows. Within a couple hours the guy at the counter peeked in and asked if I'd looked outside. Couldn't see diddly squat. Was lucky to make it home to the Little House on the Prairie & that my liquor cabinet was well stocked. Impossible to travel anywhere for a couple days. When I finally got into Rolla the snow was about 3/4's of the way up the storefront windows. :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Dotch,sounds like Rolla area is in the bullseye next week again iffin the models can be trusted.
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 10:53:04 AM by snow1 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch.....when were you in Rolla? I lived in Bottineau from 1976 to 2007. Got to Rolla quite often. Refereed there quite a few times.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO just came up from the river since the boys were already muddy.  The river has come up a few inches cuz the water is coming over the shelf ice now.  That is a good thing. There is a big crack all along the edge that will let go anytime now as it rises.  And North Star Electric was just here.  The fault in the power line is right below the pole.  That is great news.  I will dig that up and have my electrical guy fix it for me. We dug down 6" and hit frost.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ken: After living in Rugby about 6 months and Cando about the same amount of time, I lived out in the country between Rolla and Rock Lake from fall of '82 until early Sept. '84. Lived on the Finnish reservation north of Armourdale Dam in a small 2-bedroom bungalow. Building site had a rustic old wood-burner sauna, a chicken coop & a few other odd outbuildings. Raised some broilers & a garden. Fished & hunted a lot with my buddies. Had my office at the co-op in Rolla. Lotsa good memories there. Often wonder why I left...  :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 11:01:24 AM by Dotch »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that Dotch got my attention about this snow storm,now storm totals are in feet!,good grief.This is one snow event I hope misses us or rain.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw 10"- 14" for us.   :angry2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw 10"- 14" for us.   :angry2:
Double  :angry2:!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone musta summarized der snow blower already for this to happen....Mikey???  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good thing you two fellers got your fish houses taken care of!!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is the 5 day estimated precip total, liquid equivalent. When one considers most of that stuff to the west will fall as snow, it has the potential to be one helluva mess.

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i.gif?1649709106

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some totals there!!!   big ouch!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellers felt like death warmed over most the day. :confused: :doah:

Meh, there's a reason there called weather terrorists, there never close to accurate.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon fellers felt like death warmed over most the day. :confused: :doah:

Meh, there's a reason there called weather terrorists, there never close to accurate.

...he said, after digging his way out of the house to go stock cottage cheese, sweet pickles and rutabeggars! :doah:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Not to bad temp wise out the door,the calm before the storm,looks like ole Dotch might be in for a bumpy ride this evening,stay safe.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 here and going for 44...  along with some rain the way it looks..  got a few things to do today so might be dodging a few rain drops..  have a good day all!!   :happy1: