Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905324 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here heading for a high of 37. Supposed to start snowing 5-6 this evening. LPS we need to get the big fans out and point them West. Put them on high. See if we can keep this storm from getting this far East. Last night on the news they had us in the 6-12" range of snow. The Devils lake basin and west they were talking 12-24" and some areas 40 plus. Hope Glenn is right about the weather Terrorist. But, I do think the more they hype up a storm the more it fizzles out. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice that the ground froze last night.  At least the dogs don't come in muddy that early.  We are going to hit the grocery store for supplies including our Easter ham.   :sleazy:  The last two Smithfield hams we've had were so salty that it was an issue and I like salty.  The last really good ham we had was an Open Acres ham.  We both thought it was a great ham so that is what I am after today.  Then will fill the Ranger up with firewood whist the ground is still firm.  Will be all ready to ride out the storm and I like the fan idea JB.  Anything will help.  Yesterday the dogs and I walked down to the river and 3 Goldeneyes landed about 50' from us.  Cool as heck.  Beautiful birds.  I see on the morning news they are now saying 4-9".  ???  Well hang in there boys.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, gonna cut my asparagus ferns off before it starts raining around here.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
26 degrees & sunny right now in International Falls. Snow has taken a real beating the last couple of days. Few more days like the last handful and I would be able to get into the back yard. I will take the snowplow and knock at the big plow piles and knock them apart some today but thats about all.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, gonna cut my asparagus ferns off before it starts raining around here.
What are those, fiddle heads?  :scratch:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
36 here this morning. Looks like storm has moved mostly across ND. Mostly rain here the next couple days. They are going to have blizzard conditions possible for the next 3 days with a lot of snow.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like north western mn will take a hit snow wise,question is the second wave still in mont bringing up the rear...the ole "double whammie"...

lot's of grumbling from our western neighbors,re-mounting plows,bringing snow blowers outof retirement etc..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 29* @ 1st peek & 41* will be the high. It looks like it starts as snow ~ 11 here but switches over to rain soon after that. I'll start putting some things in the car early today & by HH I should be 'bout ready to go. No more now, enjoy your day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels tomorrow Gunner!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What are those, fiddle heads?  :scratch:
No, the bushy stuff you get after asparagus harvest ends. You let them "fern out" to make energy for the next season. I leave it until spring and then cut it off at ground level.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the asparagus cut down and even planted a little patch of salad greens. We'll see what happens.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......feeling ok at best. yea it doesnt sound like we down this way are going to get much  for weather excitement.

damn shadow thinks he can go visit the neighbors a little to much, so the collar came out!!!!!!!!!!  :confused:

LPS...they piled up the hams yesterday at the store, i agree the open acres are really good hams. hams where priced from 1.39 a lb up to 2.49. we arent doing anything for easter except going up to moms that sat and she's just having snacky foods, still think we should get a ham for down the road!!!!! :happy1:

i wacked that bushy stuff off the one lone aspargus i have here at home last fall, the friend i have the rest off will clean it up sometime this spring!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Yep, sounds like we'll need to keep an eye on the sky later this afternoon. Except at roony's where they get all the nice weather and are planting salad greens. Thought about tossing in some early stuff in the garden last nite. I still could if I get home sometime today before it rains. Got busy after chores instead composting a ewe, checked my cutworm trap, put the finishing touches on the apple tree pruning including lopping off a big lateral limb with the chainsaw & took down a birdfeeder prone to being blown off when it gets windy. Can clean it up that way and put it back up when the weather straightens out. Then I wrote most of a column before bedtime. 😴   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: youz guyz down that way must get all the nice warm weather......... :pouty: my ground isnt even close to warm enough to plant anything yet.......i still got some frost!!!!!! :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure lead a relaxed life Dotch.    Completely the opposite of my world it sounds.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx Dotch for the reminder ,kindof,got a couple apple tree's that need a hair cut as well,been to lazy to fire-up my power pole saw,or try to,keep finding other things to do,well avoiding the work more than anything else,but bbqing is always on my to-do list first on nice days.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Glenn, make sure you buy the hams that say Butt not Shank. The Shank is the bottom of the leg with a big knuckle bone that attaches to the knee. The butt is the top half. More meat and less bone. Most people don't know that in the store. To them a ham is a ham.

I bought a Butt ham at Cashwise this morning.....$118 per lb.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You sure lead a relaxed life Dotch.    Completely the opposite of my world it sounds.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Has its days. Hauled some lambs into the locker yesterday morning too. One forgets how strong and fast Cheviots are until you have to catch the little bastards! Good thing they're as tasty as they are especially when grilled with apple & pear wood. :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,I was watching a video with a sheep dog pushing to young rams into a gated area they didn't want to go into,rams were relentless trying to head butt the pup but the -pup never gave up,amazing how well these dogs learn to work...

Are you getting another pup? curious.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just texted my old boss,lives south of Mandan ND says it's pretty sh!tty out that way.

Says not to worry got plenty of whiskey and beer!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,I was watching a video with a sheep dog pushing to young rams into a gated area they didn't want to go into,rams were relentless trying to head butt the pup but the -pup never gave up,amazing how well these dogs learn to work...

Yup, we have a new pup on order. It already has a name. It hasn't been manufactured yet but should arrive sometime this fall. Our schedules will allow us to be around more. That's important with any puppy especially herding dogs. They'll find something to do if you don't keep their energy channeled. Have heard horror stories about unsupervised Border Collies tearing houses apart and going over to the neighbor's herding their kids, ducks, chickens, sheep, goats, etc. A Corgi (my wife's idea) will be new territory for us. Doubt they're more anal or energetic than a Border Collie but betting we'll find out. A few years from now another red and white Border Collie is likely. I don't want to go thru another stretch of being dog-less. 💔   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The kid had a load to deliver in Idaho the end of last week. He is trying to make his way out of Montana last night and today. Not sure if he will make it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to him!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, we have a new pup on order. It already has a name. It hasn't been manufactured yet but should arrive sometime this fall. Our schedules will allow us to be around more. That's important with any puppy especially herding dogs. They'll find something to do if you don't keep their energy channeled. Have heard horror stories about unsupervised Border Collies tearing houses apart and going over to the neighbor's herding their kids, ducks, chickens, sheep, goats, etc. A Corgi (my wife's idea) will be new territory for us. Doubt they're more anal or energetic than a Border Collie but betting we'll find out. A few years from now another red and white Border Collie is likely. I don't want to go thru another stretch of being dog-less. 💔   
hey Dotch, wanna practice with a big white one!!!🤣🤣🤣 :nerd:

We've got a few Corgi's around the neighborhood, seem like pretty cool dogs, look kinda funny though. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 02:47:54 PM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Enjoyed a nice lunch with Dotch today. Believe it or not he's a pretty good guy. (He bought.)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The kid had a load to deliver in Idaho the end of last week. He is trying to make his way out of Montana last night and today. Not sure if he will make it.

if he drops down to South Dakota he should be fine from what I seen on radar JB...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Enjoyed a nice lunch with Dotch today. Believe it or not he's a pretty good guy. (He bought.)

Pleasure was all mine but I want glenn to think I'm a DH so he'll buy!  :rotflmao:

And yes glenn, I'd enjoy playing with that big, lovable white dog. Had two yellow Labs when I was growing up. They were my best buds. 1st one (Buff) kept an eye on me while Mom was taking care of my younger siblings. 2nd one (Chico) was my gopher trapping companion. He dug several of them out for me when I'd come across an open hole, no charge! Was death on rats too!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/22, 03:34:34 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Pleasure was all mine but I want glenn to think I'm a DH so he'll buy!  :rotflmao:
I'll bring Yea to Casey's!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure I could give that big white dipstick up for very long.  :shocked: :doah: I sure missed that doofus last winter when I headed north for 4-6 days at a time.

Hopefully by next winter he'll be a bit more laid back and not be so damn mischievous!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Read online that the wind has flipped over nine semis on 35 south of Faribault.