Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902829 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,I was watching a video with a sheep dog pushing to young rams into a gated area they didn't want to go into,rams were relentless trying to head butt the pup but the -pup never gave up,amazing how well these dogs learn to work...

Are you getting another pup? curious.

Yup, we have a new pup on order. It already has a name. It hasn't been manufactured yet but should arrive sometime this fall. Our schedules will allow us to be around more. That's important with any puppy especially herding dogs. They'll find something to do if you don't keep their energy channeled. Have heard horror stories about unsupervised Border Collies tearing houses apart and going over to the neighbor's herding their kids, ducks, chickens, sheep, goats, etc. A Corgi (my wife's idea) will be new territory for us. Doubt they're more anal or energetic than a Border Collie but betting we'll find out. A few years from now another red and white Border Collie is likely. I don't want to go thru another stretch of being dog-less. 💔   

Dotch ,say it ain't so,a "corgi",sheep dog...sounds like you'll have a new couch buddy....lol.been around a few corgi's,they were ankle biting "yappers" but great pup for the misses.

The wife has wanted a Corgi for a long time. The ones I've had contact with have been friendly. I've always been a "dog guy" anyway. At work they just sorta gravitate towards me. Plus, the word gets out I carry treats. She didn't grow up around dogs and they always seem to like me more which ticks her off. I give them commands & she whines at them, thinking they understand English. This one is supposed to be "her dog" so we'll see how it goes. Will I spoil it rotten? Definitely. I just hope it has redeeming qualities around the ranch other than barking, getting sprayed by skunks and rolling in dead snakes I hit with the lawnmower. 🦨
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That sums it up pretty good Dotch,young corgies are cute as hell,takes awhile for em to grow into those ears tho,recently Ive got new neighbors moving in next door,farm folks from southern minnsewta,they raise english goldens (blonde ones),they tell me they're female has a bun in the oven,puppers will drop soon,my current boy is 9yrs old,not sure if I want to deal with a new pup but I'm a softy when it comes to pup's,we'll see,all my boyz for 50 years have been working bred goldens,these english are over sized lap pup's.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The corgi that walks by the house here never had barked, even with shadow out front with me.

Our first sheltie wasn't much of a barking dog but this one we have now is. Although not so much anymore, she's 15 and really slowing down alot! Kinda sucks.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure Corgi's follow some of the same rules the other breeds I've owned do, one of them being that no two individuals are exactly alike.

It broke our hearts when our Sheltie died, glenn. Prior to that, we were heavily into traveling & showing sheep around the country. Murphy was well behaved and went along to a lot of the shows, She got to be well known. When we'd arrive at the barns and start to unload, there'd be kids there immediately to help us, wondering where Murphy was so they could go play with her. Same at the hotels we'd stay at. They'd remember her and give her special treatment. She had groupies you could say.

I'd bought my first red and white Border Collie in '97 and trained her to do the things I needed, namely out runs, holding the sheep, and watching gates. Lucy was a great dog but she was all business. Spent a little too much time in the kennel to be as socialized as I would've liked. She helped us make it through while we recovered from Murphy's loss though. Hopefully Shadow will do that for you too when the time comes. :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I always liked corgi's...  just never got one...   the few I seen were friendly for sure...  heck the queen mother has several!!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wife and I decided when Star, our sheltie goes where going to be a 1 dog house, but damn nabit I got a soft spot for shelties.  :confused:  :rotflmao: every once in a while I search the web for some on the web. :sleazy: I don't tell her though!! :tut:

Also hope ole gunner didn't get hung up in Inger saying byebye to his sweeties there and made it home ok!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Big wet snowflakes started here about 4:15 Starting to stick on the grass. It's depressing   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Big wet snowflakes started here about 4:15 Starting to stick on the grass. It's depressing   :pouty:
Dutchy you need to find a lonely IF gal that likes your grain belt!!!🥰 :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Or a Lab that likes beer like mine used to!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is snowing here.  The white on the ground melted as it got up to 38 here.  33 now.  We have a solid 3/4" of moisture in the tube from todays event. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just starting to snow very lightly now here... 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess I always get all the sun. :mooning:
« Last Edit: April 04/13/22, 07:23:07 PM by roony »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Left about 6, in Mason City by 12:30 & back here by ~2:30. Got really windy, though, especially as we got closer to the 56320 zip code  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:, lightly spittin a little snow just south of the border too.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 07:31:41 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin,Gents,

chilly out the door for mid april,spittin snow,nothin like what north dakota has been getting the last 48hours,good grief,Minot 30"s and still snowing,strong winds....ugh.

Stay safe on the roads as strong 50-60 mpg winds forcasted this afternoon here in central minnsewta.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, still very windy and 27 degrees with some snow..  got about1/2 inch so far and looks like the roads could be dicey too..  not sure what I have going on today but I know it won't outside..  have a good day today all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Boys. 28 here heading for 29 today. Light snow and mist this AM. Wind is calm for now. Been calm all night. Only got a couple inches of snow overnight I would guess. Supposed to get some more snow today I hear. Friday for me today. We have Good Friday off as a holiday. I plan to just sit and watch movies tomorrow. The wife wants to go to Grand Forks shopping. I told to her just stay home. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 28* & are on our way to 42*. Channel 6 News, Austin, says they had 7 confirmed twister sightings Tuesday night from about 30 miles SW of Clear Lake up to ~ 60 miles NW of us, or the Taopi/Spring Valley area. Taopi was pretty much leveled, I believe, but I don't think I heard of anyone being killed. Some large amounts of spotty rain in those strong storms too, so there was a little flash flooding going on over in Mason City yday. No flooding here but the grass is turning green. :happy1: :cool: Only sustained 25-30 mph SW wind with gusts to 50 in out Advisory today.  :rolleyes: 'Bout it from this side of the border, have a good day.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 07:58:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
27 here this morning. Ground is white. an inch or 2 today. 1-3 on Easter. Here are pics from my daughter in Minot. This was yesterday. 20 inches at that time. Supposed to get another foot last night and today.

My son in law cleaning off the roof and their driveway. Waist deep up there.

« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 07:53:23 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mean while in north dakota....good call J.B. many roads in ND are shut down across the state,beer runs by the locals with sleds.Can't imagine having a EV in a mess like this.

« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 07:56:37 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken I seen a few places reporting 30 inches of snow out there already..  and then the wind...    :thumbs:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
We had a lovely spring / summer / fall here in International Falls. The winter of 2022 started late yesterday as we received 5" - 6" of snow overnight. It's the purty heavy stuff, tree branches are squatting under the weight. 29 degrees this morning and not scheduled to go up much from there. Street in front of the house is wet but clear, looks like the plow has been by already. Birds are a bit miffed the snow is clogging up their access to the feeders.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
'Half the town is gone': Tornado flattens tiny Taopi in Mower County
Homes were destroyed and residents evacuated from the town of about 80 people southeast of Austin, Minn.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Feeling lucky so far.  Had just over 3/4" of water in the rain gauge as I dumped it before I went to bed last night.  Have an inch or two of snow on the deck now.  Like Dutch said it seems like a late fall early winter day.  That is not a good thing.  I feel for those like Ken posted.  What a bummer that must be.  It is calm here at the moment with light flakes coming down.  Would be nice if it stayed that way.  Looks like this wraparound effect is keeping the snow north of us.  I need to move the sauerkraut into a spare bedroom today.  We are at the 2 week mark and I think I may be getting intoxicated from the odor of it now.  Need to go another week I think.  Stay safe out there boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
'Half the town is gone': Tornado flattens tiny Taopi in Mower County
Homes were destroyed and residents evacuated from the town of about 80 people southeast of Austin, Minn.

Seen this small town or what's left of it on the news last night,amazed no fatalities,news reports some folks still stuck in basements from the rubble of they're homes,what a mess,hope ole Dotch dodged the bullet,and his herd of sheep.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely terrible. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's, maybe. SW wind running 25 - 35 mph gusting to 45. Was a trace of precip at the ranch & in Bugtussle yesterday. We were fortunate and most of the bad stuff went to our east night before last. It got rough to the south in Mason City also. I don't know what those folks did to piss off the weather gods down there but it either blasts them or they get nothing when they need it during the summer. I wouldn't want to be a cattle rancher in ND right now either. Nothing fun about that whatsoever. Hay & feed supplies were tight & high priced last year so some liquidated their herds while others cut back trying to hang on. Now this for the guys who gutted it out, a lot of whom are calving.  :sad: 

https://www.fox9.com/weather/4-tornadoes-confirmed-along-minnesota-iowa-border-during-tuesday-storms

https://www.kimt.com/news/cerro-gordo-county/surveying-the-damage-tornado-leaves-trail-of-destruction-in-mason-city/article_ba1aff30-bba6-11ec-ad9d-230d90bcc5b8.html

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/april-blizzard-hits-north-dakota-and-montana/1172294
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 09:56:08 AM by Dotch »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I complain about the snow alot (it's really just the cold I hate) but i'd much rather deal with snow than tornado's.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
And with all that snow the National Weather Service is saying it is not enough to end the drought out there.